Old 30-08-2011, 09:30 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Kisses filled with air

Hershey's has some new milk chocolate Kisses that are filled with air in the
middle. Well not quite. They whip the centers. We got a bag for next to
combining a sale and using a coupon and a doubler. So much air is in there
that 11 Kisses is a serving. 7 is a serving of the regular Kisses. At
least 7 for a diabetic, meaning 15g of carb.

I find I *can* eat just one of these. Kisses are one of those things that I
don't dislike. I actually kind of like them but not all that well, maybe
because I have to unwrap them all and that's a pain.

So I find if I want a taste of chocolate, I can eat one of these things.
And I can stop with just one. And they don't mess with my GERD.

Old 30-08-2011, 09:55 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" wrote in message
i have tried/sold all manner of kisses, the dh gets thes once in a while,
i am not sure if i said it here but i am a chocolate snob so i mostly pass
on chocolate, Lee

Yeah. It is not my favorite chocolate at all. I really prefer a good dark
chocolate but it messes with my GERD very badly.

When I first met my in-laws I really insulted them by bringing them some
Dilettante's chocolate from Seattle. Apparently one does not do that to
people who live in PA. They really love their Hershey's.

I have not tried all of the Kisses. I have tried a few of the flavored ones
and just...yuck! But the plain ones are okay. I used to keep them around
for hypos but now I know the fat in them makes then no good for that.

Old 31-08-2011, 12:03 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article , "Julie Bove"
wrote:

Hershey's has some new milk chocolate Kisses that are filled with air in the
middle. Well not quite. They whip the centers. We got a bag for next to
combining a sale and using a coupon and a doubler. So much air is in there
that 11 Kisses is a serving. 7 is a serving of the regular Kisses. At
least 7 for a diabetic, meaning 15g of carb.

I find I *can* eat just one of these. Kisses are one of those things that I
don't dislike. I actually kind of like them but not all that well, maybe
because I have to unwrap them all and that's a pain.

So I find if I want a taste of chocolate, I can eat one of these things.
And I can stop with just one. And they don't mess with my GERD.

and the best part is these cost more per pound

Old 31-08-2011, 01:18 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove wrote:
: Hershey's has some new milk chocolate Kisses that are filled with air in the
: middle. Well not quite. They whip the centers. We got a bag for next to
: combining a sale and using a coupon and a doubler. So much air is in there
: that 11 Kisses is a serving. 7 is a serving of the regular Kisses. At
: least 7 for a diabetic, meaning 15g of carb.

: I find I *can* eat just one of these. Kisses are one of those things that I
: don't dislike. I actually kind of like them but not all that well, maybe
: because I have to unwrap them all and that's a pain.

: So I find if I want a taste of chocolate, I can eat one of these things.
: And I can stop with just one. And they don't mess with my GERD.
So why not use these for halloween so if they are left they won't do
horrendous damage to you.

Wendy

Old 31-08-2011, 03:23 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 8/30/2011 2:30 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
Hershey's has some new milk chocolate Kisses that are filled with air in the
middle. Well not quite. They whip the centers. We got a bag for next to
combining a sale and using a coupon and a doubler. So much air is in there
that 11 Kisses is a serving. 7 is a serving of the regular Kisses. At
least 7 for a diabetic, meaning 15g of carb.

I find I *can* eat just one of these. Kisses are one of those things that I
don't dislike. I actually kind of like them but not all that well, maybe
because I have to unwrap them all and that's a pain.

So I find if I want a taste of chocolate, I can eat one of these things.
And I can stop with just one. And they don't mess with my GERD.

Julie, soon as i see 'whipped' i have to ask

what are the trans-fat levels in these chocolates?

kate
Old 31-08-2011, 04:00 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Tiger Lily" wrote in message
[...]

Doesn't say, do you have to declare it in the US?
http://www.hersheys.com/kisses/produ...r-delight.aspx

Old 31-08-2011, 06:06 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" wrote in message
none of the flavors are good unless you really sugarysweet, except i do
like the one that is white and dark chocolate for a once a year treat, Lee

I do not like white chocolate. I have used it. I used to make chocolates
and I used it to make marbled chocolates or when I did the hand painted
ones, either as is or tinted. I don't mind a small amount like that. But
in general it is too sweet for me. I did use the real stuff, even though I
know it is not technically not chocolate. No way would I ever use those
Wilton melts. How can people eat that stuff?

Old 31-08-2011, 06:10 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" wrote in message
Julie Bove wrote:
[...]

I would never give out Kisses for Halloween! As I said, I feel it is cheap
to give out little things. And Kisses are one thing I was never allowed to
have if it was in my bag. They are too easy to open and reclose. I never
allowed Angela to have them either.

I always tried to make Halloween somewhat of a big deal for Angela which is
why we gave out better toys like rubber ducks and stuffed animals or the
full sized candy bars. Because her diet is so limited I wanted her to have
something special and to be able to give something special away to the kids
she knows.

I know the Fruit Rollups aren't a really big deal but they are the full size
ones and not the half sized that they put out for Halloween.

I also don't want to take leftover chocolate to the dance studio now that I
know that there are two girls with life threatening dairy allergies. But
the Fruit Rollups would be fine.

Old 31-08-2011, 06:25 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Tiger Lily" wrote in message
[...]

I didn't look. Let me see if I can see the ingredients online.

Here's a link with nutritional information but no ingredients.

http://www.hersheys.com/kisses/produ...r-delight.aspx

Of course can't find it online. Let me go get the bag...

*Stomps off wearily*

Ingredients: Milk Chocolate (Sugar,Milk, Chocolate, Cocoa Butter, Lactose,
Milk Fat, Soy Lecithin, PGPR Emulsifier, Vanillin, Artificial Flavor).

Are there trans-fats in there? I don't know.

Old 31-08-2011, 06:27 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" wrote in message

"Tiger Lily" wrote in message
[...]

I don't think we have to declare it. Some manufacturers will say "no
trans-fats" but it is a meaningless declaration because if it is under a
certain amount per serving they can call it that.

Old 31-08-2011, 06:29 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

The air whipped comes in bars too, not just kisses. I tried one of the
chunks in the bar and I thought it was good.

Cheri