Posted to rec.food.cooking
PatETC

Default New Hershey Kisses

I was told that there is a new Hershey Kiss--a cherry cordial. Anyone
seen this?

Pat

Posted to rec.food.cooking
King's Crown

I bought 3 bags during December. We ate the first 2 like they were
desperately needed nutrients. I put the 3rd in the freezer. Saving it for
Valentine's Day. They were really good if you like chocolate covered
cherries.

Lynne

"PatETC" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>I was told that there is a new Hershey Kiss--a cherry cordial. Anyone
> seen this?
>
> Pat

Posted to rec.food.cooking
hw

"PatETC" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>I was told that there is a new Hershey Kiss--a cherry cordial. Anyone
> seen this?
>
> Pat

no, but I saw an ad for a coated Kiss..looked like a big M & M.

Harriet & critters

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Margaret Suran

King's Crown wrote:
> I bought 3 bags during December. We ate the first 2 like they were
> desperately needed nutrients. I put the 3rd in the freezer. Saving it for
> Valentine's Day. They were really good if you like chocolate covered
> cherries.
>
> Lynne
>

> "PatETC" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>
>>I was told that there is a new Hershey Kiss--a cherry cordial. Anyone
>>seen this?
>>
>>Pat

I didn't see the Hershey Cherry Kisses, but I saw Cherry Flavored Kit
Kats for Valentine's Day. I did not buy them, it did not sound very good.

Are the Cherry Kisses made with Milk or Dark Chocolate?
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Edwin Pawlowski

"hw" > wrote in message

> no, but I saw an ad for a coated Kiss..looked like a big M & M.

Kissables! Much better than M & M's IMO. They are the same as Hersheyettes.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nexis

"PatETC" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>I was told that there is a new Hershey Kiss--a cherry cordial. Anyone
> seen this?
>
> Pat

Yep. I bought some for my mom, who loves chocolate covered cherries. She
said they taste like those, except there's no actual cherry in the middle,
just the cordial.

kimberly

Posted to rec.food.cooking
King's Crown

> Are the Cherry Kisses made with Milk or Dark Chocolate?

They are milk chocolate and as someone else said there is no actual cherry
in them, but they are still really good. I'm going to try and something
like a Peanut Blossom cookie, but with maybe a chocolate dough then press
the Cherry Kiss on top.

Lynne

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Edwin Pawlowski

"King's Crown" > wrote in message
ink.net...

>> Are the Cherry Kisses made with Milk or Dark Chocolate?

> They are milk chocolate and as someone else said there is no actual cherry
> in them, but they are still really good.

I'll try them, but Cellas are hard to beat.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Karen AKA Kajikit

On 22 Jan 2006 12:01:16 -0800, "PatETC" > wrote:

>I was told that there is a new Hershey Kiss--a cherry cordial. Anyone
>seen this?

DH bought me a bag because I love chocolate... they were ICKY! I've
never tasted anything so artificial in my life. If it says cherry on
it I want to see a REAL cherry (or at least an imitation) in it, not
just pink goo.
Their orange kisses are yummy though... and so are the light/dark
ones. Caramel's my favourite.

--
~Karen aka Kajikit
Crafts, cats, and chocolate - the three essentials of life

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Boron Elgar

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 00:57:33 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski" >
wrote:

>"King's Crown" > wrote in message
link.net...

>>> Are the Cherry Kisses made with Milk or Dark Chocolate?

>> They are milk chocolate and as someone else said there is no actual cherry
>> in them, but they are still really good.

>I'll try them, but Cellas are hard to beat.

Ya know, I really do like Cellas. I am a sucker for a chocolate
covered cherry and much as I love to cook and bake, using paraffin in
a recipe just makes me step back & go buy a box of cheap-o's at CVS.
I'll eat it, but I ain't gonna mess with it.

Boron
Posted to rec.food.cooking

You can get these kisses at CVS pharmacy, walmart Etc...
they are a "Limited Edition" release hersheys Kiss they are AWESOME if
you can still find them!!

On 22 Jan 2006 12:01:16 -0800, "PatETC" > wrote:

>I was told that there is a new Hershey Kiss--a cherry cordial. Anyone
>seen this?
>
>Pat

Posted to rec.food.cooking
BoboBonobo

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
> On 22 Jan 2006 12:01:16 -0800, "PatETC" > wrote:
>
> >I was told that there is a new Hershey Kiss--a cherry cordial. Anyone
> >seen this?
> >

> DH bought me a bag because I love chocolate... they were ICKY! I've
> never tasted anything so artificial in my life. If it says cherry on
> it I want to see a REAL cherry (or at least an imitation) in it, not
> just pink goo.

Then they should go over big on this NG. It astounds me how crappy
most of the food described here is. Velveeta, and condensed cream of
mushroom soup are considered ingredients by a lot of regulars. Empty a
few buckets of those artificial cherry things into a trough, then look
out for the stampede of hungry a.f.cookingers.

I have a buddy who makes chocolate covered cherries. He starts out
with sweet dark cherries, and soaks them in sugared cherry Kirschwasser
liqueur. They're heavenly.

> --
> ~Karen aka Kajikit

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Wayne Boatwright

On Mon 23 Jan 2006 05:03:03a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it BoboBonobo?

> Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
>> On 22 Jan 2006 12:01:16 -0800, "PatETC" > wrote:
>>
>> >I was told that there is a new Hershey Kiss--a cherry cordial. Anyone
>> >seen this?
>> >

>> DH bought me a bag because I love chocolate... they were ICKY! I've
>> never tasted anything so artificial in my life. If it says cherry on
>> it I want to see a REAL cherry (or at least an imitation) in it, not
>> just pink goo.

> Then they should go over big on this NG. It astounds me how crappy
> most of the food described here is. Velveeta, and condensed cream of
> mushroom soup are considered ingredients by a lot of regulars. Empty a
> few buckets of those artificial cherry things into a trough, then look
> out for the stampede of hungry a.f.cookingers.
>
> I have a buddy who makes chocolate covered cherries. He starts out
> with sweet dark cherries, and soaks them in sugared cherry Kirschwasser
> liqueur. They're heavenly.
>>
>> --
>> ~Karen aka Kajikit

> --Bryan

Food Snob!

--
Wayne Boatwright Õ¿Õ¬

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Vilco

Mi e' parso che Wayne Boatwright abbia scritto:

>> Then they should go over big on this NG. It astounds me
>> how crappy most of the food described here is.
>> Velveeta, and condensed cream of mushroom soup are
>> considered ingredients by a lot of regulars.

> Food Snob!

Well, maybe, but also maybe he said something true. Using an
industrial product is just like using what Sheldon calls "mistery
meat". Regarding this I'm with Sheldon: no pre-ground meat,
please, but identifiable pieces of meat to grind (at the shop or
at home). The same goes for a mushroom soup: why use "mistery
mushrooms" when you can get real 'shrooms and make a soup
yourself, so that you know what you are eating? If you do it at
home there sure will be less "chemicals" and "fake flavors" in
it.
--
Vilco
Think Pink , Drink Rose'

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy1

PatETC wrote:
> I was told that there is a new Hershey Kiss--a cherry cordial. Anyone
> seen this?
>
> Pat

Haven't seen it - there's also a peanut butter filled Kiss. Haven't
seen that, either.

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jude

I like the fact that they're coming pout with limited edition kisses
every few months. We try them all. Last summr was dulce de leche; then
the orange; then cherry, now PB. They're interesting. Wonder what's
next? I saw mint chocolate ones recently; are those for St Pat's?
What's gonna get made for Easter?

Posted to rec.food.cooking
SD

Default Exotic Almond Joy Flavors WAS: New Hershey Kisses

PatETC wrote:
> I was told that there is a new Hershey Kiss--a cherry cordial. Anyone
> seen this?
>
> Pat

Have you tried the exotic Almond Joy Flavors? I just bought White
Chocolate-Key Lime and Milk Chocolate-Passionfruit.

Both are good, a change from the plain milk chocoalte but we like the
key lime better than the passionfruit flavor

SD

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jude

SD wrote:

> Have you tried the exotic Almond Joy Flavors? I just bought White
> Chocolate-Key Lime and Milk Chocolate-Passionfruit.
>
> Both are good, a change from the plain milk chocoalte but we like the
> key lime better than the passionfruit flavor
>
> SD

Yeah, I like the new candy variations craze. Some of them are good and
others are awful, but it gives me excuses to try them all!

Some new favorites: Peanut Butter M&Mazings, Nestle Crunch wth caramel,
and the dark kit-kats.

Some big duds (no, not milk duds!): all the weird reeses flavors like
inside out ones, which taste the same to me as regular ones; orange kit
kats; and the mars with peanuts instead of almons - aren't those the
same as snickers?

Posted to rec.food.cooking
dizzi

Since my daughter works at the Hershey Chocolate Factory I can tell you that
the next new candy to come out is called STIX. She said they are long
chocolate sticks, like twizzlers, come 8 in a box, 5 different
flavors...milk, dark, white, peppermint and caramel. She said some are
filled in the middle with different stuff. So now you got the inside scoop!

"Jude" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> I like the fact that they're coming pout with limited edition kisses
> every few months. We try them all. Last summr was dulce de leche; then
> the orange; then cherry, now PB. They're interesting. Wonder what's
> next? I saw mint chocolate ones recently; are those for St Pat's?
> What's gonna get made for Easter?

Posted to rec.food.cooking
-L.

BoboBonobo wrote:

> Velveeta,

Hey, only on Gooey Cheese Popcorn! Don't knock it till you've tried
it. Pre-snackin' Big Fatty torching optional.

-L.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
-L.

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
> Kissables! Much better than M & M's IMO. They are the same as Hersheyettes.

Someone at playgroup had these today and I tried them - I agree they
are better than M&Ms. M&Ms taste "burnt" to me. These Kissables would
be cute decorations for a cake or cookies.
-L.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
-L.

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
> Kissables! Much better than M & M's IMO. They are the same as Hersheyettes.

Someone at playgroup had these today and I tried them - I agree they
are better than M&Ms. M&Ms taste "burnt" to me. These Kissables would
be cute decorations for a cake or cookies.
-L.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
The Bubbo

-L. wrote:

> BoboBonobo wrote:
>
>> Velveeta,

> Hey, only on Gooey Cheese Popcorn! Don't knock it till you've tried
> it. Pre-snackin' Big Fatty torching optional.
>
> -L.

Dude.
how do you get the velveeta on the popcorn while maintaining a semblance of
the popcorn's integrity.

you know, for research purposes

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Elaine Parrish

On 23 Jan 2006, SD wrote:

> PatETC wrote:
> > I was told that there is a new Hershey Kiss--a cherry cordial. Anyone
> > seen this?
> >
> > Pat

> Have you tried the exotic Almond Joy Flavors? I just bought White
> Chocolate-Key Lime and Milk Chocolate-Passionfruit.
>
> Both are good, a change from the plain milk chocoalte but we like the
> key lime better than the passionfruit flavor
>
> SD

No, but have you tried the white chocolate peanut butter cups? They are
good, but they are different from the milk chocolate.

Elaine, too

Posted to rec.food.cooking
SD

Elaine Parrish wrote:
> On 23 Jan 2006, SD wrote:
>

> > PatETC wrote:
> > > I was told that there is a new Hershey Kiss--a cherry cordial. Anyone
> > > seen this?
> > >
> > > Pat

> > Have you tried the exotic Almond Joy Flavors? I just bought White
> > Chocolate-Key Lime and Milk Chocolate-Passionfruit.
> >
> > Both are good, a change from the plain milk chocoalte but we like the
> > key lime better than the passionfruit flavor
> >
> > SD
> >

> No, but have you tried the white chocolate peanut butter cups? They are
> good, but they are different from the milk chocolate.
>
> Elaine, to

Yup...they are ok. I like the milk chocolate ones better though.

SD

Posted to rec.food.cooking
-L.

The Bubbo wrote:

> Dude.

Dudette

> how do you get the velveeta on the popcorn while maintaining a semblance of
> the popcorn's integrity.
>
> you know, for research purposes

My original recipe from the archives:

**paste**

"Gooey Cheese Popcorn (By my sister Li)

One bag of microwave popcorn, light, or no-butter type (popped)
If you are poor like I used to be, pop regular popcorn the
old-fashioned way, with oil in a pan.

Put popcorn in a large bowl

Next, in small microwave-safe dish, add about 2 T margerine and about
2X as much Velveeta, thinly diced.

Microwave on high in 30-second intervals, until melted. May need a
little more velveeta or margerine, depending on thickness. Wisk with
fork until creamy, and very quickly, mix into the popcorn by pouring a
thin stream onto the popcorn while mixing the popcorn with the fork.
This mixing takes much practice, to get the distribution of cheese and
popcorn right (avoid big globs). You may have to pick up the bowl and
shake it. Much easier to do after a big fatty. By this time, the dog
has noticed what you are doing, and is very interested in catching any
"escapee" popcorns that have fled the bowl. Add salt to taste (if you
can even imagine adding salt to something topped with Velveeta).

Eat while warm, with large glass of icewater, and watch old reruns of
Lucy, Bewitched, Stooges/Rascal hour, and/or HR Puffinstuff (oranges,
poranges). When brother-in-law and cute friend come in, hand bowl of
popcorn to co-conspirator (friend or sister), so as not to look like
the pig who invented this conconction. Turn bright red. Start laughing
hysterically. "

**end paste**

Once you go Gooey, you never go back. Just ask Michael (Dog3).

HTH,
-L.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Elaine Parrish

On 24 Jan 2006, SD wrote:

> Elaine Parrish wrote:

> > > Have you tried the exotic Almond Joy Flavors? I just bought White
> > > Chocolate-Key Lime and Milk Chocolate-Passionfruit.
> > >
> > > Both are good, a change from the plain milk chocoalte but we like the
> > > key lime better than the passionfruit flavor
> > >
> > > SD
> > >

> > No, but have you tried the white chocolate peanut butter cups? They are
> > good, but they are different from the milk chocolate.
> >
> > Elaine, to

> Yup...they are ok. I like the milk chocolate ones better though.
>
> SD

I like the milk chocolate better, too

Elaine, too

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jude

dizzi wrote:
> Since my daughter works at the Hershey Chocolate Factory I can tell you that
> the next new candy to come out is called STIX. She said they are long
> chocolate sticks, like twizzlers, come 8 in a box, 5 different
> flavors...milk, dark, white, peppermint and caramel. She said some are
> filled in the middle with different stuff. So now you got the inside scoop!

That's awesome, I can't wait to try them! I love caramel. They;ve got
good flavors. But I'm surprised no PB. That seems to be a big one.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
MareCat

"Jude" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>I like the fact that they're coming pout with limited edition kisses
> every few months. We try them all. Last summr was dulce de leche; then
> the orange; then cherry, now PB. They're interesting. Wonder what's
> next? I saw mint chocolate ones recently; are those for St Pat's?
> What's gonna get made for Easter?

I love the combination of chocolate and raspberry (Lindt makes a wonderful
bar with a liquid raspberry filling). That would make a nice kiss, IMO.

Mary

Posted to rec.food.cooking
MareCat

"Elaine Parrish" > wrote in message

> No, but have you tried the white chocolate peanut butter cups? They are
> good, but they are different from the milk chocolate.

I like the white chocolate PB cups. Have you ever tried the white chocolate
Kit Kats? Good stuff.

Mary

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Glitter Ninja

"King's Crown" > writes:

>I bought 3 bags during December. We ate the first 2 like they were
>desperately needed nutrients.

They weren't?
Kisses have had some new limited time flavors lately. There was one
that had a white chocolate top with some darker chocolate on the base
that was pretty good, but tasted a lot like a current Hug flavor you can
get. I OD'ed on chocolate a few weeks ago and haven't checked out the
chocolate aisle since.

Stacia

Posted to rec.food.cooking
L'Espérance

Glitter Ninja wrote:

> "King's Crown" > writes:
>

>>I bought 3 bags during December. We ate the first 2 like they were
>>desperately needed nutrients.

> They weren't?
> Kisses have had some new limited time flavors lately. There was one
> that had a white chocolate top with some darker chocolate on the base
> that was pretty good, but tasted a lot like a current Hug flavor you can
> get. I OD'ed on chocolate a few weeks ago and haven't checked out the
> chocolate aisle since.
>
> Stacia

We got DD a singing Hershey's kiss candy bowl for Christmas. It has
three different songs that play when you press the button that opens the
lid. I thought it was really cute. She love the mint Hershey kisses
that only come out at Christmas time. We got her three bags