Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default KFC Coleslaw

KFC Coleslaw (taken from Top Secret Recipes)

8 cups very finely chopped cabbage (about 1head)

1/4 cup shredded carrot

1/3 cup granulated sugar (sugar substitute works great here)

1/2 tsp salt

1/8 tsp pepper

1/4 cup milk

1/2 cup mayonnaise

1/4 cup buttermilk

1 1/2 TBS white vinegar

2 1/2 TBS lemon juice

1. Be sure that the cabbage and carrots are chopped up into very fine pieces
(about the size of rice kernels)

2. Combine the sugar (or substitute) salt, pepper, milk, mayonnaise,
buttermilk, vinegar and lemon juice. Beat until very smooth.

3. Add the cabbage and carrots. Mix well.

4. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.

The critical part of this cole slaw recipe is the flavor-enhancement period
prior to eating. Be absolutely certain that the cole slaw sits in the
refrigerator for at least 2 hours prior to serving for a great tasting slew
of slaw.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

awesome!

I'm going to make this Thursday when i do my shopping!

my attempts left out the buttermilk which I bet adds a lot to it

I will post the results

thnx!

:-)

KROM

"Cheri" wrote in message ...

[...]

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Mon, 25 Jul 2011 12:42:26 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>KFC Coleslaw (taken from Top Secret Recipes)
>
>8 cups very finely chopped cabbage (about 1head)
>
>1/4 cup shredded carrot
>
>1/3 cup granulated sugar (sugar substitute works great here)
>
>1/2 tsp salt
>
>1/8 tsp pepper
>
>1/4 cup milk
>
>1/2 cup mayonnaise
>
>1/4 cup buttermilk
>
>1 1/2 TBS white vinegar
>
>2 1/2 TBS lemon juice
>
>1. Be sure that the cabbage and carrots are chopped up into very fine pieces
>(about the size of rice kernels)
>
>2. Combine the sugar (or substitute) salt, pepper, milk, mayonnaise,
>buttermilk, vinegar and lemon juice. Beat until very smooth.
>
>3. Add the cabbage and carrots. Mix well.
>
>4. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
>
>The critical part of this cole slaw recipe is the flavor-enhancement period
>prior to eating. Be absolutely certain that the cole slaw sits in the
>refrigerator for at least 2 hours prior to serving for a great tasting slew
>of slaw.

Hubby loves this stuff. I think I've mentioned before, too, that if
you put your chopped cabbage in a colander, salt it well, let it drain
for an hour or so, and then rinse it well, it stays crispy (if you
like it crispy :-) ) and it removes the water from the cabbage that
ends up pooling at the bottom of the bowl on day two. :-)
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"KROM" > wrote in message
> awesome!
>
> I'm going to make this Thursday when i do my shopping!
>
> my attempts left out the buttermilk which I bet adds a lot to it
>
> I will post the results
>
> thnx!
>
> :-)

Yes please do I might be tempted to do this recipe myself I'd do
the veggies in the food processor, separate from each other and in small
batches, can judge the exact right moment to stop the processor.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"BlueBrooke" > wrote in message

> Hubby loves this stuff. I think I've mentioned before, too, that if
> you put your chopped cabbage in a colander, salt it well, let it drain
> for an hour or so, and then rinse it well, it stays crispy (if you
> like it crispy :-) ) and it removes the water from the cabbage that
> ends up pooling at the bottom of the bowl on day two. :-)

Yes, you did. It was a great tip BB! I always do that now. :-)

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Tue, 26 Jul 2011 18:03:22 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"BlueBrooke" > wrote in message
.. .

>> Hubby loves this stuff. I think I've mentioned before, too, that if
>> you put your chopped cabbage in a colander, salt it well, let it drain
>> for an hour or so, and then rinse it well, it stays crispy (if you
>> like it crispy :-) ) and it removes the water from the cabbage that
>> ends up pooling at the bottom of the bowl on day two. :-)

>Yes, you did. It was a great tip BB! I always do that now. :-)
>
>Cheri

Thanks, Cheri. :-) I really like it because even half of a cabbage
makes a much bigger batch than we can finish off in a couple of days.
This keeps it "fresh" for the day or two longer that we need to eat it
all. I sure wish I could remember where I heard or read about it
originally. Hum -- probably Cook's Illustrated. :-)
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I am debating on buying a pre chopped mix or doing fresh..I am leaning fresh
but I'm lazy..lol

we decided to wait until she's off Saturday and will grill steaks and have
the slaw as the side

cant wait!

KROM

"Ozgirl" wrote in message ...

"KROM" > wrote in message
> awesome!
>
> I'm going to make this Thursday when i do my shopping!
>
> my attempts left out the buttermilk which I bet adds a lot to it
>
> I will post the results
>
> thnx!
>
> :-)

Yes please do I might be tempted to do this recipe myself I'd do
the veggies in the food processor, separate from each other and in small
batches, can judge the exact right moment to stop the processor.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"KROM" > wrote in message
> I am debating on buying a pre chopped mix or doing fresh..I am leaning
> fresh but I'm lazy..lol

I often buy dry slaw and add ranch at home but I haven't seen the finely
chopped lately. Only the shredded. Mind you I think a second or 2 of
zapping the shredded in a processor would work. Only thing is pre-packed
comes with purple cabbage here, something not in the KFC stuff.

I might get ingredients today if I can. Busy day though. Kid went with
his dad to motor registry to do learner's computer test yesterday and
missed 2 vital questions. I am taking him today while he still has the
questions fresh in his head, lol. Then I have to find an indicator stick
for the car because I snapped mine off (long story) and get two tyres
replaced. Plus book him a couple of lessons (if he passes the test
today) in a dual control car, lol.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

they finally removed the trick questions from the tests here..was a actual
news story..lol

for funzies while your there take your motorcycle test while he is doing the
car one..I did that when I went with a friend and passed and got a permit to
drive for a year..lol

I tired to get a truckers one once too when I went with a GF but I failed it
buy 3 questions.

KROM

"Ozgirl" wrote in message ...

"KROM" > wrote in message
> I am debating on buying a pre chopped mix or doing fresh..I am leaning
> fresh but I'm lazy..lol

I often buy dry slaw and add ranch at home but I haven't seen the finely
chopped lately. Only the shredded. Mind you I think a second or 2 of
zapping the shredded in a processor would work. Only thing is pre-packed
comes with purple cabbage here, something not in the KFC stuff.

I might get ingredients today if I can. Busy day though. Kid went with
his dad to motor registry to do learner's computer test yesterday and
missed 2 vital questions. I am taking him today while he still has the
questions fresh in his head, lol. Then I have to find an indicator stick
for the car because I snapped mine off (long story) and get two tyres
replaced. Plus book him a couple of lessons (if he passes the test
today) in a dual control car, lol.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

This motor registry was a real eye opener, they haven't reached the 21st
century yet, lol. He had to do the test on paper and the licence itself
is laminated paper! Looks like he made it himself, lol. As to the bike
licence. Here in QLD you have to hold a car licence for a year before
getting a bike one. In NSW where we lived previously, another son got
his motorcycle licence first as he was working full time at Maccas (on a
freeway), doing overnight shift and for me it was a 35 km round trip
twice a day. When we moved here he was still on learner licence for
both car and bike but when he went to do the changeover to a QLD licence
they wouldn't let him have a bike licence anymore. He is happier driving
a car anyway and the bike licence served its purpose while we were
living in NSW. I remember trick questions too. I also remember that as
soon as I got in a car I forgot everything I knew for the test. Being
young, nervous and a novice seems to do that to you My ex, the father
of my youngest 4, is a heavy truck driver, even drives road trains. He
learnt at 17 in the Army, before he even had a car licence!

"KROM" > wrote in message
> they finally removed the trick questions from the tests here..was a
> actual news story..lol
>
> for funzies while your there take your motorcycle test while he is
> doing the car one..I did that when I went with a friend and passed and
> got a permit to drive for a year..lol
>
> I tired to get a truckers one once too when I went with a GF but I
> failed it buy 3 questions.
>
> KROM
>
> "Ozgirl" wrote in message ...
>

> "KROM" > wrote in message
>> I am debating on buying a pre chopped mix or doing fresh..I am
>> leaning fresh but I'm lazy..lol

> I often buy dry slaw and add ranch at home but I haven't seen the
> finely
> chopped lately. Only the shredded. Mind you I think a second or 2 of
> zapping the shredded in a processor would work. Only thing is
> pre-packed
> comes with purple cabbage here, something not in the KFC stuff.
>
> I might get ingredients today if I can. Busy day though. Kid went with
> his dad to motor registry to do learner's computer test yesterday and
> missed 2 vital questions. I am taking him today while he still has the
> questions fresh in his head, lol. Then I have to find an indicator
> stick
> for the car because I snapped mine off (long story) and get two tyres
> replaced. Plus book him a couple of lessons (if he passes the test
> today) in a dual control car, lol.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

awesome that he passed!

btw I got all the fixins for the slaw..I am thinking more black pepper as I
love pepper and am debating white or cider vinegar...

maybe do half as the recipe is written and half with a twist..

KROM

"KROM" > wrote in message
> they finally removed the trick questions from the tests here..was a actual
> news story..lol
>
> for funzies while your there take your motorcycle test while he is doing
> the car one..I did that when I went with a friend and passed and got a
> permit to drive for a year..lol
>
> I tired to get a truckers one once too when I went with a GF but I failed
> it buy 3 questions.
>
> KROM
>
> "Ozgirl" wrote in message ...
>

> "KROM" > wrote in message
>> I am debating on buying a pre chopped mix or doing fresh..I am leaning
>> fresh but I'm lazy..lol

> I often buy dry slaw and add ranch at home but I haven't seen the finely
> chopped lately. Only the shredded. Mind you I think a second or 2 of
> zapping the shredded in a processor would work. Only thing is pre-packed
> comes with purple cabbage here, something not in the KFC stuff.
>
> I might get ingredients today if I can. Busy day though. Kid went with
> his dad to motor registry to do learner's computer test yesterday and
> missed 2 vital questions. I am taking him today while he still has the
> questions fresh in his head, lol. Then I have to find an indicator stick
> for the car because I snapped mine off (long story) and get two tyres
> replaced. Plus book him a couple of lessons (if he passes the test
> today) in a dual control car, lol.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I'd do cider but that's just me I found white balsamic here but as
yet haven't used it. Must do that soon. We found out that we can get a
free driving lesson BTW. I got the voucher, booked in with one of the 2
approved schools in my area and Tuesday morning first lesson. Won't be
like a traditional driving school lesson apparently as I have to be in
the car for this one and it will be more a preparation lesson. Then I
can book the real lessons None of the kids have had formal driving
school lessons so this will be a first for us. My nerves aren't handling
novice drivers so well these days, lol. Actually one did have formal
lessons now that I remember. My eldest daughter learned to drive for
free in high school but I took her for some lessons as well. One night
during a lesson she was confronted with a steep'ish hill start (manual
gearbox) at a stop sign leading onto a busy road (doing a right turn,
your left turn, lol). She couldn't do it but was embarrassed to let me
get into the driver's seat with a male driver waiting behind us. So she
put on the parking brake, made me get out and "check" under the bonnet
before I got into the driver's seat Weird but it apparently saved
face for her, lol.

"KROM" > wrote in message
> awesome that he passed!
>
> btw I got all the fixins for the slaw..I am thinking more black pepper
> as I love pepper and am debating white or cider vinegar...
>
> maybe do half as the recipe is written and half with a twist..
>
> KROM

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Great to hear he passed his learners!

Teenlet has his learners too.......... he was just a baby the other week!

kate

On 7/29/2011 2:46 AM, KROM wrote:
> awesome that he passed!
>
> btw I got all the fixins for the slaw..I am thinking more black pepper
> as I love pepper and am debating white or cider vinegar...
>
> maybe do half as the recipe is written and half with a twist..
>
> KROM
>

> "Ozgirl" wrote in message ...
>
> This motor registry was a real eye opener, they haven't reached the 21st
> century yet, lol. He had to do the test on paper and the licence itself
> is laminated paper! Looks like he made it himself, lol. As to the bike
> licence. Here in QLD you have to hold a car licence for a year before
> getting a bike one. In NSW where we lived previously, another son got
> his motorcycle licence first as he was working full time at Maccas (on a
> freeway), doing overnight shift and for me it was a 35 km round trip
> twice a day. When we moved here he was still on learner licence for
> both car and bike but when he went to do the changeover to a QLD licence
> they wouldn't let him have a bike licence anymore. He is happier driving
> a car anyway and the bike licence served its purpose while we were
> living in NSW. I remember trick questions too. I also remember that as
> soon as I got in a car I forgot everything I knew for the test. Being
> young, nervous and a novice seems to do that to you My ex, the father
> of my youngest 4, is a heavy truck driver, even drives road trains. He
> learnt at 17 in the Army, before he even had a car licence!
>
> "KROM" > wrote in message
>> they finally removed the trick questions from the tests here..was a
>> actual news story..lol
>>
>> for funzies while your there take your motorcycle test while he is
>> doing the car one..I did that when I went with a friend and passed and
>> got a permit to drive for a year..lol
>>
>> I tired to get a truckers one once too when I went with a GF but I
>> failed it buy 3 questions.
>>
>> KROM
>>
>> "Ozgirl" wrote in message ...
>>

>> "KROM" > wrote in message
>>> I am debating on buying a pre chopped mix or doing fresh..I am
>>> leaning fresh but I'm lazy..lol

>> I often buy dry slaw and add ranch at home but I haven't seen the finely
>> chopped lately. Only the shredded. Mind you I think a second or 2 of
>> zapping the shredded in a processor would work. Only thing is pre-packed
>> comes with purple cabbage here, something not in the KFC stuff.
>>
>> I might get ingredients today if I can. Busy day though. Kid went with
>> his dad to motor registry to do learner's computer test yesterday and
>> missed 2 vital questions. I am taking him today while he still has the
>> questions fresh in his head, lol. Then I have to find an indicator stick
>> for the car because I snapped mine off (long story) and get two tyres
>> replaced. Plus book him a couple of lessons (if he passes the test
>> today) in a dual control car, lol.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Tiger Lily > wrote:
: Great to hear he passed his learners!

: Teenlet has his learners too.......... he was just a baby the other week!

: kate

Scary, isn't it? Wait until you get in the car and have him drive you:-)

Happy and Safe driving

Wendy-now without a lisence for the first time in close to 60 years:-(

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 7/29/2011 10:30 AM, W. Baker wrote:
> Tiger > wrote:
> : Great to hear he passed his learners!
>
> : Teenlet has his learners too.......... he was just a baby the other week!
>
> : kate
>
> Scary, isn't it? Wait until you get in the car and have him drive you:-)
>
> Happy and Safe driving
>
> Wendy-now without a lisence for the first time in close to 60 years:-(

well, he has been driving me around, Wendy........ but in very quiet
areas, where he will be safe to learn the vehicle, get a feel for it and
how to turn corners and such

oddly enough, i discovered my rad fan had failed, only because we had
been driving very slowly for a long time, pulled over to change places,
and heard this odd noise...... the water in the system was boiling in
the overflow tank! yikes!

sorry to hear you have given up your license, that has to be very hard
to do!

kate

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

: > Tiger > wrote:
: > : Great to hear he passed his learners!
: >
[...]

It's not bd in NYC where a car is an expensive nusience, but when I am up
in Margaretville it is a toweing nusience. I have to keep finding peoel
to hire to drive me or beg peole going close to my house to be wiling to
stop and pick me up. I tend to not get more than walking distance from my
house most days. that is why I am splitting my time this summer between
the City and Margaretville. More htan a week alone gets to be a bit much.

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I learned to drive in school from a genius of a instructor..they guy was
amazing..he had us do things that stuck with me to this day..he had us drive
down alleys that barely let the car through..he had us try to drive a long
time never using the breaks just using the gas etc...by time we graduated
his course we could drive in all conditions and do it well and knew the
rules of the road plus unwritten rules like 3 cars go through the
intersection when turning left at a light..if your number four you wait you
dont try to race through.

we were taught how to make proper turns and keep proper distance...all of
which nobody does anymore..everyone's a inch from your bumper at stops signs
and lights etc.

KROM

"KROM" > wrote in message
> awesome that he passed!
>
> btw I got all the fixins for the slaw..I am thinking more black pepper as
> I love pepper and am debating white or cider vinegar...
>
> maybe do half as the recipe is written and half with a twist..
>
> KROM

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 7/29/2011 12:18 PM, W. Baker wrote:
> : sorry to hear you have given up your license, that has to be very hard
> : to do!
>
> : kate
>
> It's not bd in NYC where a car is an expensive nusience, but when I am up
> in Margaretville it is a toweing nusience. I have to keep finding peoel
> to hire to drive me or beg peole going close to my house to be wiling to
> stop and pick me up. I tend to not get more than walking distance from my
> house most days. that is why I am splitting my time this summer between
> the City and Margaretville. More htan a week alone gets to be a bit much.
>
> Wendy

oh, Wendy, i'm sorry to hear this. It would be nice if you knew someone
who would enjoy going to Margaretville with you, who may have a vehicle too!

Mom sold her house and moved to an apartment that is in easy walking
distance to medical, groceries, mall shopping and such. Her knees are
pretty bad, so she can't walk too far. We feel much better knowing that
she is in a less isolated location (her house was in a lovely community
but the nearest facilities for anything was 8 miles away..... unless the
local pub and convenience store count )

kate
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Tiger Lily > wrote:
[...]

That's why my main home is NYC,which is a great place to be retired adn
older, as long as yo have housing. I have been in my plac efor 47 years
and could never afford to move in now. I just like to get up to our
little house in the summer to enjoy the green, the cooth, the beauty and
looking at the gardenthat I can no longer do aanything with go to rack and
ruin.

I had a friend come up one week adn we found that it was hairier than we
had thought even just working out meals, etc adn no cell phone service on
my mountain. I a used to using the regular phone in a limited way, but
she no longer was. Needed instant contact with her grandshildren all the
time. I use email:-)

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

They were all babies just the other week! Look at Lynne! Boyfriends
already, lol. And Jazzy was that pathetic scrap of humanity not expected
to live. How time flies.

"Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
> Great to hear he passed his learners!
>
> Teenlet has his learners too.......... he was just a baby the other
> week!
>
> kate

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Tiger Lily > wrote:
> : On 7/29/2011 10:30 AM, W. Baker wrote:
> : > Tiger > wrote:
> : > : Great to hear he passed his learners!
> : >
> : > : Teenlet has his learners too.......... he was just a baby the
> other week!
> : >
> : > : kate
> : >
> : > Scary, isn't it? Wait until you get in the car and have him drive
> you:-)
> : >
> : > Happy and Safe driving
> : >
> : > Wendy-now without a lisence for the first time in close to 60
> years:-(
> : >
> : >
>
> : well, he has been driving me around, Wendy........ but in very quiet
> : areas, where he will be safe to learn the vehicle, get a feel for it
> and
> : how to turn corners and such
>
> : oddly enough, i discovered my rad fan had failed, only because we
> had
> : been driving very slowly for a long time, pulled over to change
> places,
> : and heard this odd noise...... the water in the system was boiling
> in
> : the overflow tank! yikes!
>
> : sorry to hear you have given up your license, that has to be very
> hard
> : to do!
>
> : kate
>
> It's not bd in NYC where a car is an expensive nusience, but when I am
> up
> in Margaretville it is a toweing nusience. I have to keep finding
> peoel
> to hire to drive me or beg peole going close to my house to be wiling
> stop and pick me up. I tend to not get more than walking distance
> from my
> house most days. that is why I am splitting my time this summer
> between
> the City and Margaretville. More htan a week alone gets to be a bit
> much.
>
> Wendy

We often don't realise how much we depend on our cars/licences. A new
set of circumstances to get used to ;(

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

having never driven, the one tip i can give you is to put back the money you
would have spent on having the car gas. tags, upkeep, parking... if you
figure out what this was for a month and put into the envelope you will find
hiring won't be quite as harsh on your heart, Lee

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> "W. Baker" > wrote in message
>> Tiger Lily > wrote:
>> : On 7/29/2011 10:30 AM, W. Baker wrote:
>> : > Tiger > wrote:
>> : > : Great to hear he passed his learners!
>> : >
>> : > : Teenlet has his learners too.......... he was just a baby the other
>> week!
>> : >
>> : > : kate
>> : >
>> : > Scary, isn't it? Wait until you get in the car and have him drive
>> you:-)
>> : >
>> : > Happy and Safe driving
>> : >
>> : > Wendy-now without a lisence for the first time in close to 60
>> years:-(
>> : >
>> : >
>>
>> : well, he has been driving me around, Wendy........ but in very quiet
>> : areas, where he will be safe to learn the vehicle, get a feel for it
>> and
>> : how to turn corners and such
>>
>> : oddly enough, i discovered my rad fan had failed, only because we had
>> : been driving very slowly for a long time, pulled over to change places,
>> : and heard this odd noise...... the water in the system was boiling in
>> : the overflow tank! yikes!
>>
>> : sorry to hear you have given up your license, that has to be very hard
>> : to do!
>>
>> : kate
>>
>> It's not bd in NYC where a car is an expensive nusience, but when I am up
>> in Margaretville it is a toweing nusience. I have to keep finding peoel
>> to hire to drive me or beg peole going close to my house to be wiling to
>> stop and pick me up. I tend to not get more than walking distance from
>> my
>> house most days. that is why I am splitting my time this summer between
>> the City and Margaretville. More htan a week alone gets to be a bit
>> much.
>>
>> Wendy

> We often don't realise how much we depend on our cars/licences. A new set
> of circumstances to get used to ;(

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> having never driven, the one tip i can give you is to put back the
> money you would have spent on having the car gas. tags, upkeep,
> parking... if you figure out what this was for a month and put into
> the envelope you will find hiring won't be quite as harsh on your
> heart, Lee

Good idea Lee.

> "Ozgirl" > wrote in message
>>

>> "W. Baker" > wrote in message
>>> Tiger Lily > wrote:
>>> : On 7/29/2011 10:30 AM, W. Baker wrote:
>>> : > Tiger > wrote:
>>> : > : Great to hear he passed his learners!
>>> : >
>>> : > : Teenlet has his learners too.......... he was just a baby the
>>> other week!
>>> : >
>>> : > : kate
>>> : >
>>> : > Scary, isn't it? Wait until you get in the car and have him
>>> drive you:-)
>>> : >
>>> : > Happy and Safe driving
>>> : >
>>> : > Wendy-now without a lisence for the first time in close to 60
>>> years:-(
>>> : >
>>> : >
>>>
>>> : well, he has been driving me around, Wendy........ but in very
>>> quiet
>>> : areas, where he will be safe to learn the vehicle, get a feel for
>>> it and
>>> : how to turn corners and such
>>>
>>> : oddly enough, i discovered my rad fan had failed, only because we
>>> had
>>> : been driving very slowly for a long time, pulled over to change
>>> places,
>>> : and heard this odd noise...... the water in the system was boiling
>>> in
>>> : the overflow tank! yikes!
>>>
>>> : sorry to hear you have given up your license, that has to be very
>>> hard
>>> : to do!
>>>
>>> : kate
>>>
>>> It's not bd in NYC where a car is an expensive nusience, but when I
>>> am up
>>> in Margaretville it is a toweing nusience. I have to keep finding
>>> peoel
>>> to hire to drive me or beg peole going close to my house to be
>>> wiling to
>>> stop and pick me up. I tend to not get more than walking distance
>>> from my
>>> house most days. that is why I am splitting my time this summer
>>> between
>>> the City and Margaretville. More htan a week alone gets to be a bit
>>> much.
>>>
>>> Wendy

>> We often don't realise how much we depend on our cars/licences. A
>> new set of circumstances to get used to ;(

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Whimper, my baby has a girlfriend now (or has for a few years now). I'm
kinda glad the girlfriend has changed too.

kate

On 7/29/2011 6:38 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
> They were all babies just the other week! Look at Lynne! Boyfriends
> already, lol. And Jazzy was that pathetic scrap of humanity not expected
> to live. How time flies.
>
> "Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
>> Great to hear he passed his learners!
>>
>> Teenlet has his learners too.......... he was just a baby the other week!
>>
>> kate

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
> Whimper, my baby has a girlfriend now (or has for a few years now).
> I'm kinda glad the girlfriend has changed too.

Two of my boys are smart. They have watched all their mates go through
massive dramas with girlfriends and live in partners, including one of
my boys and they don't want a part of it, lol.

They are way into cars, xbox and living on the edge.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

since i live in a rural area it is quite pricey if the dh doesn't drive me,
but i have a special stash in an a pocket of my wallet that covers a round
trip to the er vet and a downpayment in case he is out and one of the cats
gets ill, Lee
"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>> having never driven, the one tip i can give you is to put back the money
>> you would have spent on having the car gas. tags, upkeep, parking... if
>> you figure out what this was for a month and put into the envelope you
>> will find hiring won't be quite as harsh on your heart, Lee

> Good idea Lee.

>>> We often don't realise how much we depend on our cars/licences. A new
>>> set of circumstances to get used to ;(

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Storrmmee > wrote:
: having never driven, the one tip i can give you is to put back the money you
: would have spent on having the car gas. tags, upkeep, parking... if you
: figure out what this was for a month and put into the envelope you will find
: hiring won't be quite as harsh on your heart, Lee

I realize that and the bus trips from NYC as well as the hiring is not
breaking me compared to total car costs. It is the hand-operated way of
having to do things. No spur oof the moment trips or getting into town
when you find you need something. Everything has to be planned and can
necessitate several phone calls until you get someone who can help you,
often not at the exact time you want. Of course, you have that all the
time, I imagine. One learns to live with what is on hand, but sometimes
it can get kind of not pleasant. I had been eatign fish most of the week,
but wanted a meat meal for Friday night for the Sabbath. All I had was
frankfurters, so that was my dinner, along with baked yellow squash, some
avocado , tomato and olive salad(my invention-no recipe) and a low carb
pumpernickel wrap cut in half to wrap the frianks. Not very festive.
tonight, the same meal. tomorrow i wiill have an eggplant and will se if
I have some jarred pasta sauce around, if not I have tomatoes so wil
improvise with some onions, olives-you get the idea. I will leave Tuesday
for a 4 1/2hr bus ride to NYC(Toonerville trolley that stops at every
small town). and wil, probbaly take a PB&J(home meade bluberry sugarlees)
as I have nothing else exxcept soem tuna which wets up the low carb wrap
too much and, of course, no mayo in the house. You do it, but it takes
abit of scramling.

Wendy

: "Ozgirl" > wrote in message
: >> : >
: >> : > Wendy-now without a lisence for the first time in close to 60
: >> years:-(
: >> : >
: >> : >
: >>
[...]

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

its often more than a small pita, but i have learned when dh is away to keep
that grocery/errand list up to date, then when i get to the store i get
everything i can on the list... and i am so learning to shop on line, Lee

coleslaw KROM Diabetic 9 20-09-2011 12:02 AM
Coleslaw Corey Richardson[_3_] General Cooking 16 01-09-2008 10:35 PM
KFC Coleslaw Marita Blessing Recipes (moderated) 0 14-10-2006 01:56 AM
KFC Coleslaw Old Magic1 Recipes (moderated) 0 28-05-2005 01:46 AM
Coleslaw Blondie Lou General Cooking 0 06-04-2005 10:43 PM