Old 12-07-2011, 12:07 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default lunch

My hubby wants to bring lunch to work. He is a newbie and trying to
figure out lo-carb meals, especially for lunch. He cannot bring salads
and was thinking more about sandwichs. Any suggestions?

Old 12-07-2011, 12:40 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ingebird" wrote in message
My hubby wants to bring lunch to work. He is a newbie and trying to
figure out lo-carb meals, especially for lunch. He cannot bring salads
and was thinking more about sandwichs. Any suggestions?

Sandwiches are not low carb unless you put them on low carb bread or use low
carb wraps. Or you can simply wrap the filling in large lettuce leaves.

There is also something called a gorilla sandwich. You can buy them in some
locations. I think maybe Whole Foods sells them. Or you can make them at
home. Take a cucumber, cut off one end then hollow it out as best you can.
I have never tried this but have heard that an iced tea spoon works well.
You can save the hollowed out cucumber, chop it and put it in the sandwich
filling. The best fillings for this would be something like an egg, chicken
or tuna salad. Fill up the cucumber and wrap in plastic.

There are also low carb things that are not sandwiches like cheese and meat
cubes, hard boiled eggs and nuts.

Old 12-07-2011, 12:46 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ingebird" wrote in message
My hubby wants to bring lunch to work. He is a newbie and trying to
figure out lo-carb meals, especially for lunch. He cannot bring salads
and was thinking more about sandwichs. Any suggestions?

First up, why can't he bring salads? In the meantime you can make
frittatas, hard boiled eggs, small amounts of nuts, small cans of
tuna.... Is the salad definitely a no no? Because salad with cold meats
etc or cut up raw veggies are ideal low carb meals. I wouldn't recommend
sandwiches at all if he wants to gain control.

Old 12-07-2011, 01:03 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Ingebird wrote:
: My hubby wants to bring lunch to work. He is a newbie and trying to
: figure out lo-carb meals, especially for lunch. He cannot bring salads
: and was thinking more about sandwichs. Any suggestions?

Check out low carb breads, tortilas, wraps and pita. They can be used for
sandwiches but be careful aobut wet fillings as they have less strength
than regular breads and rolls.

Other suggestions-hard boiled eggs, small quarters of bakes or broiled
chicken(make a few extra pieces when making dinner) Take a green pepper
and cut off the top and remove the seeds and stuff, but keep whole. Stuff
it tuna, egg salad, cottage cheese with some flavoring in it like sarroway
seeds, dried onion flakes, etc, If there is a microwave at work, a
container of some left over dinner main course to heat up quickly.

Good luck with this project.

Wendy
Old 12-07-2011, 07:08 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article , "Julie Bove"
wrote:

Sandwiches are not low carb unless you put them on low carb bread or use low
carb wraps. Or you can simply wrap the filling in large lettuce leaves.

don't you ever have anything nice to say?

Old 12-07-2011, 08:39 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds" wrote:
: In article , "Julie Bove"
: wrote:

: Sandwiches are not low carb unless you put them on low carb bread or
use low : carb wraps. Or you can simply wrap the filling in large
lettuce leaves.

: don't you ever have anything nice to say?

Like what? sandwiches on regular bread are OK? I don't see anything no
"nice" about this post of Julie's. I suggest you desensitize yourself to
seeing her name on a post.

Wendy
Old 12-07-2011, 10:30 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" wrote in message
In article , "Julie Bove"

wrote:

Sandwiches are not low carb unless you put them on low carb bread or use
low
carb wraps. Or you can simply wrap the filling in large lettuce leaves.

don't you ever have anything nice to say?

How is that not nice?

Old 12-07-2011, 10:30 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" wrote in message
"Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds" wrote:
: In article , "Julie Bove"

: wrote:

: Sandwiches are not low carb unless you put them on low carb bread or
use low : carb wraps. Or you can simply wrap the filling in large
lettuce leaves.

: don't you ever have anything nice to say?

Like what? sandwiches on regular bread are OK? I don't see anything no
"nice" about this post of Julie's. I suggest you desensitize yourself to
seeing her name on a post.

Yeah. He is making it his career to take pot shots at me no matter what I
say.

Old 13-07-2011, 12:04 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"W. Baker" wrote in message
"Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds" wrote:
: In article , "Julie Bove"

: wrote:

: Sandwiches are not low carb unless you put them on low carb bread
or
use low : carb wraps. Or you can simply wrap the filling in large
lettuce leaves.

: don't you ever have anything nice to say?

Like what? sandwiches on regular bread are OK? I don't see anything
no
"nice" about this post of Julie's. I suggest you desensitize
yourself to
seeing her name on a post.

Yeah. He is making it his career to take pot shots at me no matter
what I say.

It only manages to make him look like a fool.

Old 13-07-2011, 12:04 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

wrote:

Sandwiches are not low carb unless you put them on low carb bread or
use low
carb wraps. Or you can simply wrap the filling in large lettuce
leaves.

don't you ever have anything nice to say?

How is that not nice?

Trolls don't need a reason for the things they say, that's why they are
trolls. Moving along.....

Old 13-07-2011, 05:14 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

wrote:

Sandwiches are not low carb unless you put them on low carb bread or use
low
carb wraps. Or you can simply wrap the filling in large lettuce leaves.

don't you ever have anything nice to say?

How is that not nice?

The same way that my suggesting that unless you fed your cat a premium dry food
you were looking to get a diabetic cat wasn't nice
Old 13-07-2011, 05:15 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article , "Julie Bove"
wrote:

"W. Baker" wrote in message
"Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds" wrote:
: In article , "Julie Bove"

: wrote:

: Sandwiches are not low carb unless you put them on low carb bread or
use low : carb wraps. Or you can simply wrap the filling in large
lettuce leaves.

: don't you ever have anything nice to say?

Like what? sandwiches on regular bread are OK? I don't see anything no
"nice" about this post of Julie's. I suggest you desensitize yourself to
seeing her name on a post.

Yeah. He is making it his career to take pot shots at me no matter what I
say.

only when your true nature as a rude ass comes out
Old 13-07-2011, 05:19 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

wrote:

Sandwiches are not low carb unless you put them on low carb bread or
use
low
carb wraps. Or you can simply wrap the filling in large lettuce
leaves.

don't you ever have anything nice to say?

How is that not nice?

The same way that my suggesting that unless you fed your cat a premium dry
food
you were looking to get a diabetic cat wasn't nice

It's also not true. I would venture to guess that most cats get grocery
store foods and they aren't diabetic.

Old 13-07-2011, 07:17 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

wrote:

Sandwiches are not low carb unless you put them on low carb bread or
use
low
carb wraps. Or you can simply wrap the filling in large lettuce
leaves.

don't you ever have anything nice to say?

How is that not nice?

The same way that my suggesting that unless you fed your cat a premium dry
food
you were looking to get a diabetic cat wasn't nice

It's also not true. I would venture to guess that most cats get grocery
store foods and they aren't diabetic.

If it's not true, why are you feeding your cats premium food? Your guess has
nothing to do with the fact that your reply to me was rude, inconsiderate and
definitely representative of your nature
Old 13-07-2011, 11:16 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

wrote:

[...]

Because when I got them, this is what they were already being fed.