Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Tonights dinner - it was awesome!

started out with tossed salad

Beets with vinaigrette dressing and thinly sliced onions

Halibut filet.

Here's how I cooked the Halibut (my favorite fish)

Cut the fish into serving size portions and keep cold while you get
everything else ready.

Assemble these first.

Thinly sliced garlic - a few cloves
A generous few tablespoons of butter
Juice of one lemon
1/2 cup of white wine (I used chardonnay)

Get your frying pan quite hot with a good non-smoky oil in it.
(Turn on your exhaust fan, you will be searing the fish)

Dredge fish in flour and sprinkle with a little salt
Lay the pieces in the hot oil carefully, and sear them on one side
only till golden brown crunchy on that side.

Turn over once, and brown the other side.

Reserve to a serving dish on the side.

Dump out remaining frying oil and add the butter and garlic slices.
Sautee them for a moment till the butter is melted and garlic is just
barely beginning to brown.

Add the lemon juice and wine and reduce to about half the volume.

Dump the sauce over the fish in the serving dish and serve.

This was absolutely delicious.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Beautiful ! its only missing the fresh dill

"Evelyn" > wrote in message

> started out with tossed salad
>
> Beets with vinaigrette dressing and thinly sliced onions
>
> Halibut filet.
>

> Here's how I cooked the Halibut (my favorite fish)
>
> Cut the fish into serving size portions and keep cold while you get
> everything else ready.
>
> Assemble these first.
>
> Thinly sliced garlic - a few cloves
> A generous few tablespoons of butter
> Juice of one lemon
> 1/2 cup of white wine (I used chardonnay)
>
> Get your frying pan quite hot with a good non-smoky oil in it.
> (Turn on your exhaust fan, you will be searing the fish)
>
> Dredge fish in flour and sprinkle with a little salt
> Lay the pieces in the hot oil carefully, and sear them on one side
> only till golden brown crunchy on that side.
>
> Turn over once, and brown the other side.
>
> Reserve to a serving dish on the side.
>
> Dump out remaining frying oil and add the butter and garlic slices.
> Sautee them for a moment till the butter is melted and garlic is just
> barely beginning to brown.
>
> Add the lemon juice and wine and reduce to about half the volume.
>
> Dump the sauce over the fish in the serving dish and serve.
>
> This was absolutely delicious.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

or a sprig of Rosemary

or lemon grass

On 5/20/2011 8:09 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
> Beautiful ! its only missing the fresh dill
>
> "Evelyn" > wrote in message
>>

>> started out with tossed salad
>>
>> Beets with vinaigrette dressing and thinly sliced onions
>>
>> Halibut filet.
>>

>> Here's how I cooked the Halibut (my favorite fish)
>>
>> Cut the fish into serving size portions and keep cold while you get
>> everything else ready.
>>
>> Assemble these first.
>>
>> Thinly sliced garlic - a few cloves
>> A generous few tablespoons of butter
>> Juice of one lemon
>> 1/2 cup of white wine (I used chardonnay)
>>
>> Get your frying pan quite hot with a good non-smoky oil in it.
>> (Turn on your exhaust fan, you will be searing the fish)
>>
>> Dredge fish in flour and sprinkle with a little salt
>> Lay the pieces in the hot oil carefully, and sear them on one side
>> only till golden brown crunchy on that side.
>>
>> Turn over once, and brown the other side.
>>
>> Reserve to a serving dish on the side.
>>
>> Dump out remaining frying oil and add the butter and garlic slices.
>> Sautee them for a moment till the butter is melted and garlic is just
>> barely beginning to brown.
>>
>> Add the lemon juice and wine and reduce to about half the volume.
>>
>> Dump the sauce over the fish in the serving dish and serve.
>>
>> This was absolutely delicious.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sat, 21 May 2011 12:09:17 +1000, "Ozgirl"
> wrote:

>Beautiful ! its only missing the fresh dill

I never missed it at all!

Evelyn

.. .