Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Tonights dinner

Took out a couple of pork loin chops, so I'm going to cube the meat off the
bone, ditch the rind, and make a small coconut chilli and lemon myrtle
'curry'.... which is not really a curry, more a meat and sauce thing.

--
Peter
Tasmania
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/03/2012 3:16 PM, I'm back on the laptop wrote:
> Took out a couple of pork loin chops, so I'm going to cube the meat off the
> bone, ditch the rind, and make a small coconut chilli and lemon myrtle
> 'curry'.... which is not really a curry, more a meat and sauce thing.

This will be a meal prepared for your SO of course since a gutless
wonder like yourself wouldn't have the stomach for chilli or curry. It
might leave you doubled over in pain again. Maybe you're a slow learner?
Maybe you're just thick!

--

Krypsis
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"I'm back on the laptop" > wrote in message
> Took out a couple of pork loin chops, so I'm going to cube the meat off
> the
> bone, ditch the rind, and make a small coconut chilli and lemon myrtle
> 'curry'.... which is not really a curry, more a meat and sauce thing.

We went out. We are getting over getting sick so our choices maybe weren't
the best but we hadn't eaten much since last Sunday. Daughter had half a
Western Omelet and fries. I had a patty melt and fries but didn't finish
it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 3 Mar 2012 04:16:40 +0000 (UTC), "I'm back on the laptop"
> wrote:

> Took out a couple of pork loin chops, so I'm going to cube the meat off the
> bone, ditch the rind, and make a small coconut chilli and lemon myrtle
> 'curry'.... which is not really a curry, more a meat and sauce thing.

Are you winging this or do you have a recipe to follow (not saying
you'll follow it to a T). If you do, would you please post the link?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote in
:

> "I'm back on the laptop" > wrote in message
>> Took out a couple of pork loin chops, so I'm going to cube the meat
>> off the
>> bone, ditch the rind, and make a small coconut chilli and lemon
>> myrtle 'curry'.... which is not really a curry, more a meat and sauce
>> thing.

> We went out. We are getting over getting sick so our choices maybe
> weren't the best but we hadn't eaten much since last Sunday. Daughter
> had half a Western Omelet and fries. I had a patty melt and fries but
> didn't finish it.

Sometimes, after you've been crook, it's the best medicine to get out and
be waited on.

*No-one* wants to cook, even for two, when you're sick!!

Flu/colds?

--
Peter
Tasmania

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf > wrote in
:

> On Sat, 3 Mar 2012 04:16:40 +0000 (UTC), "I'm back on the laptop"
> > wrote:
>
>> Took out a couple of pork loin chops, so I'm going to cube the meat
>> off the bone, ditch the rind, and make a small coconut chilli and
>> lemon myrtle 'curry'.... which is not really a curry, more a meat and
>> sauce thing.

> Are you winging this or do you have a recipe to follow (not saying
> you'll follow it to a T). If you do, would you please post the link?

Using a coconut chilli recipe, but adding the ground lemon myrtle as it's
been sitting in the pantry looking all forlorn from not being used.

I was going to chuck in some mango slices (tinned) as well, but I think
it's probably sweet enough.

I used this recipe (below) as a 'base'.. except I mortar and pestle all of
the 'big' stuff and mix the paste and the moosh together and fry it off,
then add some chicken stock to cook off the pork, so that the sauce reduces
down and then I add the coconut cream/milk. (Depending what I have in the
pantry, usually the cream). I also cut back on the red curry paste, and
added a bit of cayenne powder for that slow burn :-)

http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/7378...+chicken+curry

Lemon Myrtle are a 'dime a dozen' over here........

http://teachers.ash.org.au/bushtucker/lemon_myrtle.html

I have taken some pics.

--
Peter
Tasmania
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"I'm back on the laptop" > wrote in
:

> sf > wrote in
> :
>
>> On Sat, 3 Mar 2012 04:16:40 +0000 (UTC), "I'm back on the laptop"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Took out a couple of pork loin chops, so I'm going to cube the meat
>>> off the bone, ditch the rind, and make a small coconut chilli and
>>> lemon myrtle 'curry'.... which is not really a curry, more a meat
>>> and sauce thing.

>> Are you winging this or do you have a recipe to follow (not saying
>> you'll follow it to a T). If you do, would you please post the link?
>>

> Using a coconut chilli recipe, but adding the ground lemon myrtle as
> it's been sitting in the pantry looking all forlorn from not being
> used.
>
> I was going to chuck in some mango slices (tinned) as well, but I
> think it's probably sweet enough.
>

> I used this recipe (below) as a 'base'.. except I mortar and pestle
> all of the 'big' stuff and mix the paste and the moosh together and
> fry it off, then add some chicken stock to cook off the pork, so that
> the sauce reduces down and then I add the coconut cream/milk.
> (Depending what I have in the pantry, usually the cream). I also cut
> back on the red curry paste, and added a bit of cayenne powder for
> that slow burn :-)
>

> http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/7378...+chicken+curry
>

> Lemon Myrtle are a 'dime a dozen' over here........
>
> http://teachers.ash.org.au/bushtucker/lemon_myrtle.html
>

> I have taken some pics.

Forgot......... also add a good handful of dessicated coconut..... I
probably should toast it off first..... will do that next time and wait
for the feedback :-)

--
Peter
Tasmania
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Krypsis replied to Captain Peter Swallows:

> This will be a meal prepared for your SO of course since a gutless
> wonder like yourself wouldn't have the stomach for chilli or curry. It
> might leave you doubled over in pain again. Maybe you're a slow learner?
> Maybe you're just thick!

Swallows spends a good portion of her time bent over anyway. Some
service industry workers claim that they bend over backward for their
customers, but Swallows bends over FORWARD!

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

>> Took out a couple of pork loin chops, so I'm going to cube the meat off the
>> bone, ditch the rind, and make a small coconut chilli and lemon myrtle
>> 'curry'.... which is not really a curry, more a meat and sauce thing.

> Are you winging this or do you have a recipe to follow (not saying
> you'll follow it to a T). If you do, would you please post the link?

She'll be opening a jar of this:

http://outbackspirit.com.au/products...oconut-chilli/

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Captain Peter Swallows lied in the hopes of gaining approval:

>>> Took out a couple of pork loin chops, so I'm going to cube the meat
>>> off the bone, ditch the rind, and make a small coconut chilli and
>>> lemon myrtle 'curry'.... which is not really a curry, more a meat and
>>> sauce thing.

>> Are you winging this or do you have a recipe to follow (not saying
>> you'll follow it to a T). If you do, would you please post the link?

> Using a coconut chilli recipe, but adding the ground lemon myrtle as it's
> been sitting in the pantry looking all forlorn from not being used.
>
> I was going to chuck in some mango slices (tinned) as well, but I think
> it's probably sweet enough.
>
> I used this recipe (below) as a 'base'.. except I mortar and pestle all of
> the 'big' stuff and mix the paste and the moosh together and fry it off,
> then add some chicken stock to cook off the pork, so that the sauce reduces
> down and then I add the coconut cream/milk. (Depending what I have in the
> pantry, usually the cream). I also cut back on the red curry paste, and
> added a bit of cayenne powder for that slow burn :-)
>
> http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/7378...+chicken+curry

That's complete bullshit. I nailed it already when I posted a link to
the exact bottled curry sauce you'll be using.

Don't you HATE it when people point out your lies? Why don't you just
stop lying?

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"I'm back on the laptop" > wrote in message
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in
> :
>

>> "I'm back on the laptop" > wrote in message
>>> Took out a couple of pork loin chops, so I'm going to cube the meat
>>> off the
>>> bone, ditch the rind, and make a small coconut chilli and lemon
>>> myrtle 'curry'.... which is not really a curry, more a meat and sauce
>>> thing.

>> We went out. We are getting over getting sick so our choices maybe
>> weren't the best but we hadn't eaten much since last Sunday. Daughter
>> had half a Western Omelet and fries. I had a patty melt and fries but
>> didn't finish it.
>>

> Sometimes, after you've been crook, it's the best medicine to get out and
> be waited on.
>
> *No-one* wants to cook, even for two, when you're sick!!
>
> Flu/colds?

Stomach virus.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 02 Mar 2012 22:19:24 -0800, Bob Terwilliger
> wrote:

>Captain Peter Swallows lied in the hopes of gaining approval:

>>> Are you winging this or do you have a recipe to follow (not saying
>>> you'll follow it to a T). If you do, would you please post the link?

>> Using a coconut chilli recipe, but adding the ground lemon myrtle as it's
>> been sitting in the pantry looking all forlorn from not being used.
>>
>> I was going to chuck in some mango slices (tinned) as well, but I think
>> it's probably sweet enough.
>>
>> I used this recipe (below) as a 'base'.. except I mortar and pestle all of
>> the 'big' stuff and mix the paste and the moosh together and fry it off,
>> then add some chicken stock to cook off the pork, so that the sauce reduces
>> down and then I add the coconut cream/milk. (Depending what I have in the
>> pantry, usually the cream). I also cut back on the red curry paste, and
>> added a bit of cayenne powder for that slow burn :-)
>>
>> http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/7378...+chicken+curry

>That's complete bullshit. I nailed it already when I posted a link to
>the exact bottled curry sauce you'll be using.
>
>Don't you HATE it when people point out your lies? Why don't you just
>stop lying?

She can't help it Bob, it is all she knows after decades of poorly
constructed fairy tales about his life and background. A liar, fraud
and coward....................thats Swallows to a 'T'.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 3 Mar 2012 04:16:40 +0000 (UTC), "I'm back on the laptop"
> wrote:

>Took out a couple of pork loin chops, so I'm going to cube the meat off the
>bone, ditch the rind, and make a small coconut chilli and lemon myrtle
>'curry'.... which is not really a curry, more a meat and sauce thing.

Which is of course your very favorite thing, meat and man sauce.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 03 Mar 2012 06:03:54 GMT, "I'm back on the laptop"
> wrote:

> I used this recipe (below) as a 'base'.. except I mortar and pestle all of
> the 'big' stuff and mix the paste and the moosh together and fry it off,
> then add some chicken stock to cook off the pork, so that the sauce reduces
> down and then I add the coconut cream/milk. (Depending what I have in the
> pantry, usually the cream). I also cut back on the red curry paste, and
> added a bit of cayenne powder for that slow burn :-)
>

> http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/7378...+chicken+curry

Thanks for the link. I love things made with coconut cream.

> Lemon Myrtle are a 'dime a dozen' over here........
>
> http://teachers.ash.org.au/bushtucker/lemon_myrtle.html

I wondered what it was! Guess I can substitute lemon.

> I have taken some pics.

Thanks.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf > wrote in
:

> On Sat, 03 Mar 2012 06:03:54 GMT, "I'm back on the laptop"
> > wrote:
>
>> I used this recipe (below) as a 'base'.. except I mortar and pestle
>> all of the 'big' stuff and mix the paste and the moosh together and
>> fry it off, then add some chicken stock to cook off the pork, so that
>> the sauce reduces down and then I add the coconut cream/milk.
>> (Depending what I have in the pantry, usually the cream). I also cut
>> back on the red curry paste, and added a bit of cayenne powder for
>> that slow burn :-)
>>

>> http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/7378...+chicken+curry

> Thanks for the link. I love things made with coconut cream.

Hmmmm, have you tried coconut jelly?

I usually make it for a dessert/cooling dish when I throw a curry night.

>> Lemon Myrtle are a 'dime a dozen' over here........
>>
>> http://teachers.ash.org.au/bushtucker/lemon_myrtle.html
>>

> I wondered what it was! Guess I can substitute lemon.

I haven't been game to just 'snort'/try some of the powder, but it
smells rather citrusy.
I think the blurb said lemon/lime flavour.

Hmmmmmmm, wonder how it'd go mixed in a G&T or a Margarita?
Will it blend...... hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

>> I have taken some pics.

> Thanks.

Made the hummus too, and from the report I got....... "Very damn nice, I
like that!!"
So it's in the fridge maturing till tomorrow for sundowners, and I also
have the candied ginger still sitting in the crockpot syrup in the
fridge as well!!

Good thing it's been raining.

So I'll most likely get all pics up and running tomorrow.

--
Peter
Tasmania

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 3 Mar 2012 13:41:06 +0000 (UTC), "I'm back on the laptop"
> wrote:

> sf > wrote in
> :
>
> > On Sat, 03 Mar 2012 06:03:54 GMT, "I'm back on the laptop"
> > > wrote:
> >

> >> http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/7378...+chicken+curry

> > Thanks for the link. I love things made with coconut cream.

> Hmmmm, have you tried coconut jelly?

I've never heard of coconut jelly.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf > wrote in news:5ui4l7ddk2121vmjht9safdm5kqgrkrq5m@
4ax.com:

> On Sat, 3 Mar 2012 13:41:06 +0000 (UTC), "I'm back on the laptop"
> > wrote:
>
>> sf > wrote in
>> :
>>
>> > On Sat, 03 Mar 2012 06:03:54 GMT, "I'm back on the laptop"

>> > Thanks for the link. I love things made with coconut cream.

>> Hmmmm, have you tried coconut jelly?

> I've never heard of coconut jelly.

I use this one.........

http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/253/coconut+jelly

but use one can of milk and one can of cream (no light stuff!!), and I
leave off the passionfruit at the end.

I put it in a rectangular baking dish till it's set, then cut into squares.
I first tried it at Yum Cha in the Valley @ King of Kings, fell in love
with it (absolutely wonderful at the end of a Yum Cha meal!!) so decided to
start making it for home parties. It's *way* to much to have on hand just
for two of us :-)

--
Peter
Tasmania
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"I'm back on the laptop" > wrote in
:

> sf > wrote in news:5ui4l7ddk2121vmjht9safdm5kqgrkrq5m@
> 4ax.com:
>
>> On Sat, 3 Mar 2012 13:41:06 +0000 (UTC), "I'm back on the laptop"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> sf > wrote in
>>> :

>>> Hmmmm, have you tried coconut jelly?

>> I've never heard of coconut jelly.
>>

> I use this one.........
>
> http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/253/coconut+jelly
>

> but use one can of milk and one can of cream (no light stuff!!), and I
> leave off the passionfruit at the end.

(Coconut milk and cream......... just in case anyone was wondering.)

--
Peter
Tasmania
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"I'm back on the laptop" wrote:
>"I'm back on the laptop"wrote:
>> sf wrote:

>>> I've never heard of coconut jelly.

>> I use this one.........
>>
>> http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/253/coconut+jelly
>>
>> but use one can of milk and one can of cream (no light stuff!!), and I
>> leave off the passionfruit at the end.

>(Coconut milk and cream......... just in case anyone was wondering.)

In Belize coconut jelly is the gelatinous insides of immature
coconuts.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 03 Mar 2012 19:44:22 -0500, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:

>"I'm back on the laptop" wrote:

>>> I use this one.........
>>>
>>> http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/253/coconut+jelly
>>>
>>> but use one can of milk and one can of cream (no light stuff!!), and I
>>> leave off the passionfruit at the end.

>>(Coconut milk and cream......... just in case anyone was wondering.)

>In Belize coconut jelly is the gelatinous insides of immature
>coconuts.

http://coconutthailand.webs.com/coconutfacts.htm

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 3 Mar 2012 23:22:00 +0000 (UTC), "I'm back on the laptop"
> wrote:

> I use this one.........
>
> http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/253/coconut+jelly
>

> but use one can of milk and one can of cream (no light stuff!!), and I
> leave off the passionfruit at the end.
>

> I put it in a rectangular baking dish till it's set, then cut into squares.
> I first tried it at Yum Cha in the Valley @ King of Kings, fell in love
> with it (absolutely wonderful at the end of a Yum Cha meal!!) so decided to
> start making it for home parties. It's *way* to much to have on hand just
> for two of us :-)

I don't think I've ever used/tasted passion fruit except for in the
Hawaiian drink - what's it called.... POG?

I have only tried panna cotta once which was quite recently, but I
think I'd like it in coconut.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 03 Mar 2012 23:33:30 GMT, "I'm back on the laptop"
> wrote:

> (Coconut milk and cream......... just in case anyone was wondering.)

Thanks, I did.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf > wrote in
:

> On Sat, 3 Mar 2012 23:22:00 +0000 (UTC), "I'm back on the laptop"
> > wrote:
>
>> I use this one.........
>>
>> http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/253/coconut+jelly
>>

>> but use one can of milk and one can of cream (no light stuff!!), and
>> I leave off the passionfruit at the end.
>>

>> I put it in a rectangular baking dish till it's set, then cut into
>> squares. I first tried it at Yum Cha in the Valley @ King of Kings,
>> fell in love with it (absolutely wonderful at the end of a Yum Cha
>> meal!!) so decided to start making it for home parties. It's *way* to
>> much to have on hand just for two of us :-)
>>

> I don't think I've ever used/tasted passion fruit except for in the
> Hawaiian drink - what's it called.... POG?

Passionfruit vines grow crazy over here...... we have people always giving
away the fresh fruit.

You should look for some and try them. Cut the shell open and scoop out the
yummy sweet, slightly tart fruit and juice inside.

http://www.newworldwinemakerblog.com...ion-fruit1.jpg

> I have only tried panna cotta once which was quite recently, but I
> think I'd like it in coconut.

The panna cotta is probably a little more 'delicate' than the coconut
jelly, because of the cream that's added to the cotta.

http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/7522...+mixed+berries

Don't know how well the panna cotta would keep...... the jelly will keep
for approx 5-6 days after making, longer if properly sealed in a container.

--
Peter
Tasmania
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 4 Mar 2012 08:01:56 +0000 (UTC), "I'm back on the laptop"
> wrote:

> The panna cotta is probably a little more 'delicate' than the coconut
> jelly, because of the cream that's added to the cotta.
>
> http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/7522...+mixed+berries
>
> Don't know how well the panna cotta would keep...... the jelly will keep
> for approx 5-6 days after making, longer if properly sealed in a container.

Mmm. I have all the ingredients on hand, so I think I'll give it a
try. Thanks!