Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default New Year's menu?

I'm doing easy stuff this year. For New Year's Eve there will be Little
Smokies in BBQ sauce for Angela and husband. I'm making two packages so
they can eat some the next day too. Also Tater Tots, black olives and baby
carrots or maybe green beans if Angela prefers those.

The canned green beans are starting to frustrate me. I was buying the S & W
from Costco. But I found they often had stems in the can. So when they
came out with their own brand, I bought those. Organic and sea salt. My
kind of beans! And I thought they tasted fine. Angela hated them though
and refused to eat them although she could not give a reason. She does love
canned beans though so I took her to the store and allowed her to pick out
what she wanted. Her favorite brand is Del Monte. Not sure why. So I got
four cans of those and guess what? That's right. A stem in the can! Gah!
When we lived in CA, I would buy odd brands of beans for 25 cents a can.
Back then, Angela would often eat a whole can all by herself in the course
of a day. She wanted them at every meal and also for snacks. I don't mind
stems in a cheap can of beans. But when I'm paying good money for the beans
I want good beans! But I digress.

I will probably pop some corn to eat during the fireworks. Not sure how
long those will last but since it is a weekend they could go on all night.
Sometimes they do. Luckily it is not bitter cold. I have only worn my coat
a few times and not even the heavy duty one. I got a gray fleece jacket
this year. I have it in my van but have only had to put it on maybe 2 or 3
times.

For breakfast, I will make the sausage and applesauce casserole for Angela
and husband. I will probably have some applesauce and black eyed peas
(nobody else likes them).

For dinner, I will make faux pierogies and we will have leftover meatloaves.

Angela bought some festive hats and party blowers. I bought some holiday
crackers. Not edible ones. The kind where you pull the end and prizes come
out.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

not sure what we are doing, the smoked turkey turned out so well from the
grocery may do that again, Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> I'm doing easy stuff this year. For New Year's Eve there will be Little
> Smokies in BBQ sauce for Angela and husband. I'm making two packages so
> they can eat some the next day too. Also Tater Tots, black olives and
> baby carrots or maybe green beans if Angela prefers those.
>
> The canned green beans are starting to frustrate me. I was buying the S &
> W from Costco. But I found they often had stems in the can. So when they
> came out with their own brand, I bought those. Organic and sea salt. My
> kind of beans! And I thought they tasted fine. Angela hated them though
> and refused to eat them although she could not give a reason. She does
> love canned beans though so I took her to the store and allowed her to
> pick out what she wanted. Her favorite brand is Del Monte. Not sure why.
> So I got four cans of those and guess what? That's right. A stem in the
> can! Gah! When we lived in CA, I would buy odd brands of beans for 25
> cents a can. Back then, Angela would often eat a whole can all by herself
> in the course of a day. She wanted them at every meal and also for
> snacks. I don't mind stems in a cheap can of beans. But when I'm paying
> good money for the beans I want good beans! But I digress.
>
> I will probably pop some corn to eat during the fireworks. Not sure how
> long those will last but since it is a weekend they could go on all night.
> Sometimes they do. Luckily it is not bitter cold. I have only worn my
> coat a few times and not even the heavy duty one. I got a gray fleece
> jacket this year. I have it in my van but have only had to put it on
> maybe 2 or 3 times.
>
> For breakfast, I will make the sausage and applesauce casserole for Angela
> and husband. I will probably have some applesauce and black eyed peas
> (nobody else likes them).
>
> For dinner, I will make faux pierogies and we will have leftover
> meatloaves.
>
> Angela bought some festive hats and party blowers. I bought some holiday
> crackers. Not edible ones. The kind where you pull the end and prizes
> come out.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> not sure what we are doing, the smoked turkey turned out so well from the
> grocery may do that again, Lee

Daughter and husband like smoked meats but I do not. They just taste funny
to me.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

its one of the few ways i can enjoy meat smokier the better, this particular
place has turkey legs on offer regularily, but you can special order the
same day and have them gaurenteed. after the turkey day disaster this
seemed to b a better option,
Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>> not sure what we are doing, the smoked turkey turned out so well from the
>> grocery may do that again, Lee

> Daughter and husband like smoked meats but I do not. They just taste
> funny to me.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> its one of the few ways i can enjoy meat smokier the better, this
> particular place has turkey legs on offer regularily, but you can special
> order the same day and have them gaurenteed. after the turkey day
> disaster this seemed to b a better option,

I found some smoked cooked turkey legs here once. I think the brand was
Dietz. We like their turkey so I bought a lot of them. And then my husband
wouldn't eat them. I don't think Angela tried them.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

i like turkey legs in general, smoked i really like and could eat very often
in place of chicken, Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>> its one of the few ways i can enjoy meat smokier the better, this
>> particular place has turkey legs on offer regularily, but you can special
>> order the same day and have them gaurenteed. after the turkey day
>> disaster this seemed to b a better option,

> I found some smoked cooked turkey legs here once. I think the brand was
> Dietz. We like their turkey so I bought a lot of them. And then my
> husband wouldn't eat them. I don't think Angela tried them.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

New Year's menus aren't a tradition here. You are more likely to find
many parties at which there are bbq's, nibblies, copious amounts of
alcohol and drunks trying to kiss you at midnight

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> I'm doing easy stuff this year. For New Year's Eve there will be
> Little Smokies in BBQ sauce for Angela and husband. I'm making two
> packages so they can eat some the next day too. Also Tater Tots,
> black olives and baby carrots or maybe green beans if Angela prefers
> those.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>i like turkey legs in general, smoked i really like and could eat very
>often in place of chicken, Lee

I do not like dark meat from turkey or chicken. I can eat turkey breast a
few times a year but it is by no means a favorite food.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
> New Year's menus aren't a tradition here. You are more likely to find many
> parties at which there are bbq's, nibblies, copious amounts of alcohol and
> drunks trying to kiss you at midnight

Oh, okay. Thanks!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> I'm doing easy stuff this year. For New Year's Eve there will be Little
> Smokies in BBQ sauce for Angela and husband. I'm making two packages so
> they can eat some the next day too. Also Tater Tots, black olives and
> baby carrots or maybe green beans if Angela prefers those.
>
> The canned green beans are starting to frustrate me. I was buying the S &
> W from Costco. But I found they often had stems in the can. So when they
> came out with their own brand, I bought those. Organic and sea salt. My
> kind of beans! And I thought they tasted fine. Angela hated them though
> and refused to eat them although she could not give a reason. She does
> love canned beans though so I took her to the store and allowed her to
> pick out what she wanted. Her favorite brand is Del Monte. Not sure why.
> So I got four cans of those and guess what? That's right. A stem in the
> can! Gah! When we lived in CA, I would buy odd brands of beans for 25
> cents a can. Back then, Angela would often eat a whole can all by herself
> in the course of a day. She wanted them at every meal and also for
> snacks. I don't mind stems in a cheap can of beans. But when I'm paying
> good money for the beans I want good beans! But I digress.
>
> I will probably pop some corn to eat during the fireworks. Not sure how
> long those will last but since it is a weekend they could go on all night.
> Sometimes they do. Luckily it is not bitter cold. I have only worn my
> coat a few times and not even the heavy duty one. I got a gray fleece
> jacket this year. I have it in my van but have only had to put it on
> maybe 2 or 3 times.
>
> For breakfast, I will make the sausage and applesauce casserole for Angela
> and husband. I will probably have some applesauce and black eyed peas
> (nobody else likes them).
>
> For dinner, I will make faux pierogies and we will have leftover
> meatloaves.
>
> Angela bought some festive hats and party blowers. I bought some holiday
> crackers. Not edible ones. The kind where you pull the end and prizes
> come out.

I bought a nice Pork Loin, which we will have with sauerkraut , mashed
potatoes, corn, biscuits, applesauce. I Lay a bed of sauerkraut in the pan
mixed with chunky onions, then place the pork on top of it...cover and bake
....I take the cover off the last half hour. My Mother always made pork ribs
with sauerkraut .

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Jacquie" > wrote in message
m...
> I bought a nice Pork Loin, which we will have with sauerkraut , mashed
> potatoes, corn, biscuits, applesauce. I Lay a bed of sauerkraut in the
> pan mixed with chunky onions, then place the pork on top of it...cover and
> bake ...I take the cover off the last half hour. My Mother always made
> pork ribs with sauerkraut .

I don't think my mother every made sauerkraut. Hmmm...

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Jacquie" > wrote in message
> m...
>> I bought a nice Pork Loin, which we will have with sauerkraut , mashed
>> potatoes, corn, biscuits, applesauce. I Lay a bed of sauerkraut in the
>> pan mixed with chunky onions, then place the pork on top of it...cover
>> and bake ...I take the cover off the last half hour. My Mother always
>> made pork ribs with sauerkraut .

> I don't think my mother every made sauerkraut. Hmmm...

My Mother's Father was from Germany, and my husband's family is Pennsylvania
Dutch...it's mandatory to have Pork and sauerkraut for New Years...LOL

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Jacquie" > wrote in message
m...

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Jacquie" > wrote in message
>> m...
>>> I bought a nice Pork Loin, which we will have with sauerkraut , mashed
>>> potatoes, corn, biscuits, applesauce. I Lay a bed of sauerkraut in the
>>> pan mixed with chunky onions, then place the pork on top of it...cover
>>> and bake ...I take the cover off the last half hour. My Mother always
>>> made pork ribs with sauerkraut .

>> I don't think my mother every made sauerkraut. Hmmm...
>>

> My Mother's Father was from Germany, and my husband's family is
> Pennsylvania Dutch...it's mandatory to have Pork and sauerkraut for New
> Years...LOL

Ohhh. We don't have anything traditional in my family.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

my mom did the same, sometimes put the ribs, onions, sk and potatoes in the
ressure cooker, Lee
"Jacquie" > wrote in message
m...

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>> I'm doing easy stuff this year. For New Year's Eve there will be Little
>> Smokies in BBQ sauce for Angela and husband. I'm making two packages so
>> they can eat some the next day too. Also Tater Tots, black olives and
>> baby carrots or maybe green beans if Angela prefers those.
>>
>> The canned green beans are starting to frustrate me. I was buying the S
>> & W from Costco. But I found they often had stems in the can. So when
>> they came out with their own brand, I bought those. Organic and sea
>> salt. My kind of beans! And I thought they tasted fine. Angela hated
>> them though and refused to eat them although she could not give a reason.
>> She does love canned beans though so I took her to the store and allowed
>> her to pick out what she wanted. Her favorite brand is Del Monte. Not
>> sure why. So I got four cans of those and guess what? That's right. A
>> stem in the can! Gah! When we lived in CA, I would buy odd brands of
>> beans for 25 cents a can. Back then, Angela would often eat a whole can
>> all by herself in the course of a day. She wanted them at every meal and
>> also for snacks. I don't mind stems in a cheap can of beans. But when
>> I'm paying good money for the beans I want good beans! But I digress.
>>
>> I will probably pop some corn to eat during the fireworks. Not sure how
>> long those will last but since it is a weekend they could go on all
>> night. Sometimes they do. Luckily it is not bitter cold. I have only
>> worn my coat a few times and not even the heavy duty one. I got a gray
>> fleece jacket this year. I have it in my van but have only had to put it
>> on maybe 2 or 3 times.
>>
>> For breakfast, I will make the sausage and applesauce casserole for
>> Angela and husband. I will probably have some applesauce and black eyed
>> peas (nobody else likes them).
>>
>> For dinner, I will make faux pierogies and we will have leftover
>> meatloaves.
>>
>> Angela bought some festive hats and party blowers. I bought some holiday
>> crackers. Not edible ones. The kind where you pull the end and prizes
>> come out.
>>

> I bought a nice Pork Loin, which we will have with sauerkraut , mashed
> potatoes, corn, biscuits, applesauce. I Lay a bed of sauerkraut in the
> pan mixed with chunky onions, then place the pork on top of it...cover and
> bake ...I take the cover off the last half hour. My Mother always made
> pork ribs with sauerkraut .

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

your black eyed peas are part of my family's tradition, man do i hate those
things, Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Jacquie" > wrote in message
> m...
>>
>> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Jacquie" > wrote in message
>>> m...
>>>
>>> I don't think my mother every made sauerkraut. Hmmm...
>>>

>> My Mother's Father was from Germany, and my husband's family is
>> Pennsylvania Dutch...it's mandatory to have Pork and sauerkraut for New
>> Years...LOL

> Ohhh. We don't have anything traditional in my family.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 12/29/2010 10:22 PM, Jacquie wrote:

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>> I'm doing easy stuff this year. For New Year's Eve there will be
>> Little Smokies in BBQ sauce for Angela and husband. I'm making two
>> packages so they can eat some the next day too. Also Tater Tots, black
>> olives and baby carrots or maybe green beans if Angela prefers those.
>>
>> The canned green beans are starting to frustrate me. I was buying the
>> S & W from Costco. But I found they often had stems in the can. So
>> when they came out with their own brand, I bought those. Organic and
>> sea salt. My kind of beans! And I thought they tasted fine. Angela
>> hated them though and refused to eat them although she could not give
>> a reason. She does love canned beans though so I took her to the store
>> and allowed her to pick out what she wanted. Her favorite brand is Del
>> Monte. Not sure why. So I got four cans of those and guess what?
>> That's right. A stem in the can! Gah! When we lived in CA, I would buy
>> odd brands of beans for 25 cents a can. Back then, Angela would often
>> eat a whole can all by herself in the course of a day. She wanted them
>> at every meal and also for snacks. I don't mind stems in a cheap can
>> of beans. But when I'm paying good money for the beans I want good
>> beans! But I digress.
>>
>> I will probably pop some corn to eat during the fireworks. Not sure
>> how long those will last but since it is a weekend they could go on
>> all night. Sometimes they do. Luckily it is not bitter cold. I have
>> only worn my coat a few times and not even the heavy duty one. I got a
>> gray fleece jacket this year. I have it in my van but have only had to
>> put it on maybe 2 or 3 times.
>>
>> For breakfast, I will make the sausage and applesauce casserole for
>> Angela and husband. I will probably have some applesauce and black
>> eyed peas (nobody else likes them).
>>
>> For dinner, I will make faux pierogies and we will have leftover
>> meatloaves.
>>
>> Angela bought some festive hats and party blowers. I bought some
>> holiday crackers. Not edible ones. The kind where you pull the end and
>> prizes come out.
>>

> I bought a nice Pork Loin, which we will have with sauerkraut , mashed
> potatoes, corn, biscuits, applesauce. I Lay a bed of sauerkraut in the
> pan mixed with chunky onions, then place the pork on top of it...cover
> and bake ...I take the cover off the last half hour. My Mother always
> made pork ribs with sauerkraut .

you have to have pork and kraut on new years day for good luck
through out the coming year.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"dave" > wrote in message
> On 12/29/2010 10:22 PM, Jacquie wrote:
>>
>> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>> I'm doing easy stuff this year. For New Year's Eve there will be
>>> Little Smokies in BBQ sauce for Angela and husband. I'm making two
>>> packages so they can eat some the next day too. Also Tater Tots, black
>>> olives and baby carrots or maybe green beans if Angela prefers those.
>>>
>>> The canned green beans are starting to frustrate me. I was buying the
>>> S & W from Costco. But I found they often had stems in the can. So
>>> when they came out with their own brand, I bought those. Organic and
>>> sea salt. My kind of beans! And I thought they tasted fine. Angela
>>> hated them though and refused to eat them although she could not give
>>> a reason. She does love canned beans though so I took her to the store
>>> and allowed her to pick out what she wanted. Her favorite brand is Del
>>> Monte. Not sure why. So I got four cans of those and guess what?
>>> That's right. A stem in the can! Gah! When we lived in CA, I would buy
>>> odd brands of beans for 25 cents a can. Back then, Angela would often
>>> eat a whole can all by herself in the course of a day. She wanted them
>>> at every meal and also for snacks. I don't mind stems in a cheap can
>>> of beans. But when I'm paying good money for the beans I want good
>>> beans! But I digress.
>>>
>>> I will probably pop some corn to eat during the fireworks. Not sure
>>> how long those will last but since it is a weekend they could go on
>>> all night. Sometimes they do. Luckily it is not bitter cold. I have
>>> only worn my coat a few times and not even the heavy duty one. I got a
>>> gray fleece jacket this year. I have it in my van but have only had to
>>> put it on maybe 2 or 3 times.
>>>
>>> For breakfast, I will make the sausage and applesauce casserole for
>>> Angela and husband. I will probably have some applesauce and black
>>> eyed peas (nobody else likes them).
>>>
>>> For dinner, I will make faux pierogies and we will have leftover
>>> meatloaves.
>>>
>>> Angela bought some festive hats and party blowers. I bought some
>>> holiday crackers. Not edible ones. The kind where you pull the end and
>>> prizes come out.
>>>

>> I bought a nice Pork Loin, which we will have with sauerkraut , mashed
>> potatoes, corn, biscuits, applesauce. I Lay a bed of sauerkraut in the
>> pan mixed with chunky onions, then place the pork on top of it...cover
>> and bake ...I take the cover off the last half hour. My Mother always
>> made pork ribs with sauerkraut .
>>

> you have to have pork and kraut on new years day for good luck through
> out the coming year.

Black Eyed Peas here. Happy New Year Everyone.

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" > wrote in message

> "dave" > wrote in message

>>> I bought a nice Pork Loin, which we will have with sauerkraut , mashed
>>> potatoes, corn, biscuits, applesauce. I Lay a bed of sauerkraut in the
>>> pan mixed with chunky onions, then place the pork on top of it...cover
>>> and bake ...I take the cover off the last half hour. My Mother always
>>> made pork ribs with sauerkraut .
>>>

>> you have to have pork and kraut on new years day for good luck through
>> out the coming year.

> Black Eyed Peas here. Happy New Year Everyone.

I only heard about the black eyed peas a few years ago. But I love black
eyes peas so... What better excuse to eat them?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article > ,
"Jacquie" > wrote:

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Jacquie" > wrote in message
> > m...
> >> I bought a nice Pork Loin, which we will have with sauerkraut , mashed
> >> potatoes, corn, biscuits, applesauce. I Lay a bed of sauerkraut in the
> >> pan mixed with chunky onions, then place the pork on top of it...cover
> >> and bake ...I take the cover off the last half hour. My Mother always
> >> made pork ribs with sauerkraut .

> > I don't think my mother every made sauerkraut. Hmmm...
> >

> My Mother's Father was from Germany, and my husband's family is Pennsylvania
> Dutch...it's mandatory to have Pork and sauerkraut for New Years...LOL

I didn't know about this tradition, but I find that I like to eat the
way Germans reputedly eat. Give me pork and cabbage any day!

However, I'll be working on the turkey carcass until I go back to work
on Monday, so it'll probably be tetrazzini (sans pasta) or turkey and
mushrooms in leftover gravy or the like. I think Saturday will be when
I make the soup.

PP, up to her elbows in turkey
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Dark meat turkey was New Year's menu?

In article >,
"Julie Bove" > wrote:

> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> >i like turkey legs in general, smoked i really like and could eat very
> >often in place of chicken, Lee

> I do not like dark meat from turkey or chicken. I can eat turkey breast a
> few times a year but it is by no means a favorite food.

My sibling-in-law and I both vastly prefer dark meat to white. The
three of them (sister, s-i-l, and niece) come here for Christmas, and
then I send them home with 1/2 the leftover turkey and all the carby
leftovers. It's always so painful to give away some of the leftover
dark meat, so this year I did something different. We had a big turkey
(27.7 lbs), but I also got three extra thighs. I make a foundation
layer of thighs and then put the whole turkey on top. I was sick over
Christmas (sinus infection that I've had since 12/03), so I cut back and
didn't do stuffing. I just put quartered onions, rough chopped garlic
and ginger root, and fresh herbs into the cavities, which gave a nice
flavor.

It turned out well, and each house got two complete thighs in their
leftovers, even after my sibling-in-law and I pigged out on dark meat on
Boxing Day (which is when we have our turkey).

PP

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>
>> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>> >i like turkey legs in general, smoked i really like and could eat very
>> >often in place of chicken, Lee

>> I do not like dark meat from turkey or chicken. I can eat turkey breast
>> few times a year but it is by no means a favorite food.

> My sibling-in-law and I both vastly prefer dark meat to white. The
> three of them (sister, s-i-l, and niece) come here for Christmas, and
> then I send them home with 1/2 the leftover turkey and all the carby
> leftovers. It's always so painful to give away some of the leftover
> dark meat, so this year I did something different. We had a big turkey
> (27.7 lbs), but I also got three extra thighs. I make a foundation
> layer of thighs and then put the whole turkey on top. I was sick over
> Christmas (sinus infection that I've had since 12/03), so I cut back and
> didn't do stuffing. I just put quartered onions, rough chopped garlic
> and ginger root, and fresh herbs into the cavities, which gave a nice
> flavor.
>
> It turned out well, and each house got two complete thighs in their
> leftovers, even after my sibling-in-law and I pigged out on dark meat on
> Boxing Day (which is when we have our turkey).

My husband loves the legs. If we are eating at home, I just do a whole lot
of legs for him in the crockpot. One year my mom got a leg for him, my
brother and my nephew. My dad didn't want one. Somebody took a picture of
them all eating them at the same time. It was pretty funny.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

LOL...I know what you mean, we lived in the Florida Panhandle(Southern
Alabama they call it...LOL) and when ever we went to a New Year Party we
always had to have those Black-eyed peas...not to bad if there was enough
Ham in them. Then if you were at the party long enough for the early
breakfast you got Grits...
"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> your black eyed peas are part of my family's tradition, man do i hate
> those things, Lee
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Jacquie" > wrote in message
>> m...

>>> My Mother's Father was from Germany, and my husband's family is
>>> Pennsylvania Dutch...it's mandatory to have Pork and sauerkraut for New
>>> Years...LOL

>> Ohhh. We don't have anything traditional in my family.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

grits with cheese good, black eyed peas, NOT good,... its a hill billie
thing, Lee
"Jacquie" > wrote in message
m...
> LOL...I know what you mean, we lived in the Florida Panhandle(Southern
> Alabama they call it...LOL) and when ever we went to a New Year Party we
> always had to have those Black-eyed peas...not to bad if there was enough
> Ham in them. Then if you were at the party long enough for the early
> breakfast you got Grits...
> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>> your black eyed peas are part of my family's tradition, man do i hate
>> those things, Lee
>> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Jacquie" > wrote in message
>>> m...

>>> Ohhh. We don't have anything traditional in my family.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 12/30/2010 5:40 PM, Peppermint Patootie wrote:
> In article<wvmdnYcLLfylgYHQnZ2dnUVZ_j6dnZ2d@earthlink .com>,
> > wrote:

>>> m...
>>>
>>> I don't think my mother every made sauerkraut. Hmmm...
>>>

>> My Mother's Father was from Germany, and my husband's family is Pennsylvania
>> Dutch...it's mandatory to have Pork and sauerkraut for New Years...LOL

> I didn't know about this tradition, but I find that I like to eat the
> way Germans reputedly eat. Give me pork and cabbage any day!
>
> However, I'll be working on the turkey carcass until I go back to work
> on Monday, so it'll probably be tetrazzini (sans pasta) or turkey and
> mushrooms in leftover gravy or the like. I think Saturday will be when
> I make the soup.
>
> PP, up to her elbows in turkey

hmmm, Turkey broth, Curried Butternut Squash Soup recipe, add some
crispy bacon (the fat goes into the turkey broth)

oh, i think i have an idea here............ can anyone else taste it??
never ask me for a recipe, i go looking for 3 or 4 recipes and sorta mix
them together......... when i drool, i know i have a good idea

oh, and garlic and tomatoes and and ............ time to clean out the
fridge and check the cold room for what we have grown 100% organically
during the summer (now to get hubby to set a ledge for herbs 365/yr )

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> grits with cheese good, black eyed peas, NOT good,... its a hill billie
> thing, Lee

Well, call me a hillbilly then!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

welcome aboard, Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>> grits with cheese good, black eyed peas, NOT good,... its a hill billie
>> thing, Lee

> Well, call me a hillbilly then!

Member

I like to .that's nice !

Why Taco Bell is turning its health menu into a muscle menu Travis McGee General Cooking 2 12-07-2014 02:48 PM
New Year's Menu? Cheri[_3_] Diabetic 11 31-12-2013 01:41 AM
New Year's Eve Menu Bob Terwilliger[_1_] General Cooking 21 02-01-2011 09:24 PM
what's on your New Year's Eve menu? Dawn General Cooking 28 03-01-2004 03:16 AM