Old 25-06-2010, 04:24 AM posted to alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic,alt.coffee,rec.food.drink.tea

Default Sugar-free/Splenda coffee syrups in Chicgo.

read this thread, am wondering why one couldn't buy bottles of flavoring and
just put a few drops of say rasberry extract in the water then add splendia
to taste, does anyone know is these extracts have sugar/carbs in them, I am
thinking of those bottles that are the same size as a standard vanilla
bottle or food dye bottle? Lee
"BubbaT" wrote in message
Sorry about crossposting to so many groups just trying to cast a wide net
to catch the info I want. So I'll try to be brief and get to the point.
( I said I will *try*. )

hate the local tap water. Even filter it tastes bad. Bottled water
( Hinkley-Schmidt ) is too expensive. The solution I had was to not drink
water. I kept searching for sugar free coffee syrups every so often but
couldn't find any appropriate ones for a while. Now I find Cost Plus/
World Market carries Torani. The one problem the Cost Plus I went to was
hard to get to. I had to go to the UIC library with ehm my laptop and
scanner. After words I walked ( with cane and laptop ) to Taylor and
Canal, bought a couple bottles, then walked to the Blue line station.

The main problem for me is two fold. The first is finding good syrups.
The second is finding a place with a good location. Let me deal with the
first.

I hate Aspartame so I want Splenda ( and possibly Ace-K ) flavored
syrups. I think that this is the case for many of the large brand makers
nowadays. Calling some local coffee ships/grocery stores, they may stock
some flavors, but they are things I don't think taste well with water
( maybe as accents in coffee/tea/cocoa/drinks, but not as the main
flavor ): french vanilla/caramel/hazelnut ( most don't stock raspberry
which surprises me ). So I'm looking for places that sell a wide range of
flavors watermelon/amaretto/cherry/pineapple/cookie-dough/lime.

Now for location. I live near the Blue line but need a cane. I can only
take two bottles at once ( especially if they are glass bottles ). So I
don't want to spend more then $4.00 which means a transfer-free ride and
a short walk. Other then that places that are good are places that I
might pass by when I go out. These would be the Loop, Harlem-Irving Mall,
Golf Mill mall, Cicero/Irving-six corners.

Aside from that are places my sister can get to. She drives and lives in
Desplaines near the Target with a target on top, and works in Northbrook
near the mall. Logistics here are a bit hard though.

Well. it's shorter then I thought but not as short as I would like it to
be.
Thanks.

PS: Maybe in the future I will buy over the net but not right now.

--
/home/BubbaT/sig.txt

Old 25-06-2010, 09:16 AM posted to alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

my local water used to be gross until I bought a good water filter..but I
got used to drinking flavored water to cover the taste.

I used to use all sorts of flavorings etc...no carb or calories.

lately I have been using crystal light drink mix mixed heavier then they
recommend and its delicious like real juice..my current favorite is
cranberry/strawberry mix.

I used to use lemon concentrate a lot with splenda to make lemonade..you
just got to play around

KROM

Old 25-06-2010, 05:18 PM posted to alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic,alt.coffee,rec.food.drink.tea

On 6/10/2010 10:01 AM, LSMFT wrote:
Steve Freides wrote:
BubbaT wrote:

I hate Aspartame so I want Splenda ( and possibly Ace-K ) flavored
syrups.

Why not just use syrups with sugar? The amount of sugar (and calories,
etc.) in the little bit of a flavored syrup one adds to coffee is very
small - certainly many prepared foods contain more sugar than that per
serving.

It's very easy to make a syrup at home, too, typically just equal parts
water and sugar in a pot that you heat up and stir until the sugar is
dissolved. One can easily enough add flavoring, e.g., vanilla extract.

-S-

If you have to hide the taste of food with sugar maybe you should
consider what you are eating. I take only cream with my coffee.

If you have to hide the taste of your coffee with cream you should
consider your choice of coffee :-)

Paul
Old 25-06-2010, 06:05 PM posted to alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic,alt.coffee,rec.food.drink.tea

On 6/25/2010 11:18 AM, Paul L wrote:
On 6/10/2010 10:01 AM, LSMFT wrote:

If you have to hide the taste of food with sugar maybe you should
consider what you are eating. I take only cream with my coffee.

If you have to hide the taste of your coffee with cream you should
consider your choice of coffee :-)

I hide the taste of milk with coffee.