Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Espinaca Con Queso

Now that I'm no longer allergic to dairy, I can make this again! I used to
make it all the time and Angela loved it.

Start with some cheese and melt it. I think the original recipe I tried had
all cream cheese in it, but I usually use about half that and half Velveeta.
You can do this on the stove on a low heat or in a crock pot.

Once the cheese is melted, thin it down to the texture you like with salsa.
At this point I usually also add whatever I have in the house that I want to
get rid of. Like chopped onions, green onions, tomatoes, cilantro, chilies,
hot peppers, etc. But you don't have to add that stuff.

Then add some fresh spinach which has been washed well and chopped finely.
Add quite a lot of it. When you are done, there will be just enough cheese
to hold it all together.

This dip is great not only with tortilla chips but raw vegetables as well.
It's always a hit at parties.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote:
> Now that I'm no longer allergic to dairy, I can make this again! I used
> to make it all the time and Angela loved it.
>
> Start with some cheese and melt it. I think the original recipe I tried
> had all cream cheese in it, but I usually use about half that and half
> Velveeta. You can do this on the stove on a low heat or in a crock pot.
>
> Once the cheese is melted, thin it down to the texture you like with
> salsa. At this point I usually also add whatever I have in the house that
> I want to get rid of. Like chopped onions, green onions, tomatoes,
> cilantro, chilies, hot peppers, etc. But you don't have to add that
> stuff.
>
> Then add some fresh spinach which has been washed well and chopped
> finely. Add quite a lot of it. When you are done, there will be just
> enough cheese to hold it all together.
>
> This dip is great not only with tortilla chips but raw vegetables as
> well. It's always a hit at parties.

Glad to hear you can eat cheese again, Julie. I love spinach. This sound
good. Thanks.

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nick Cramer > wrote in news:20100513233213.209
:

> Julie. I love spinach.

Is here anything spinach can't do?

--
~Donna A~
http://www.thesewingdictionary.com
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I know you like other greens and they all work well treated this way, Lee