David Wright

Default queso blanco

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 16:19:56 -0500, "jmcquown"

http://www.pepperfool.com/recipes/ap...chihuahua.html

>> David

>Would this be the white cheese dip? A local Tex-Mex place makes a wonderful
>white cheese dip with spinach; I've never been able to duplicate it.
>
>Jill

Asadero is one Mexican melting white cheese, with which you can make
other good stuff.

David
Frogleg

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 21:39:26 GMT, David Wright
> wrote:

>>David Wright wrote:

>>> Here's a link to a recipe posted a couple of years ago by a late, good
>>> friend of mine, Jerry Jungmann, who was active in several newsgroups.

http://www.pepperfool.com/recipes/ap...chihuahua.html

>Asadero is one Mexican melting white cheese, with which you can make
>other good stuff.

I Googled 'asadero' and found this:

http://www.xenite.org/white_cheese/asadero-cheese.html

It seems clear (to me) that making a successful melted cheese dip
involves some kind of *processed* cheese that contains emulsifiers.
Vilco \(out\)

"Frogleg" ha scritto

> It seems clear (to me) that making a successful melted cheese

dip
> involves some kind of *processed* cheese that contains

emulsifiers.

Or maybe try with eggs and oil, the natural emulsifiers of the
Mayo.

Vilco

Mr. Wizard

"mdfloyd" > wrote in message
m...
> I am trying to duplicate that wonderful white cheese dip you get in
> TexMex restaurants. I've tried melting queso blanco slowly, quickly,
> with milk, and without milk.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

If the restaurant claims to use Queso Blanco, they grate it very finely
and add it slowly to chicken stock give it the right consistency.

mdfloyd

They won't tell me anything at the restaurant; I've just been
experimenting with Monterey Jack and then queso blanco . . . would
chicken stock keep it from hardening back up?

"Mr. Wizard" > wrote in message >...
> "mdfloyd" > wrote in message
> m...
> > I am trying to duplicate that wonderful white cheese dip you get in
> > TexMex restaurants. I've tried melting queso blanco slowly, quickly,
> > with milk, and without milk.
> >
> > What am I doing wrong?
> >

> If the restaurant claims to use Queso Blanco, they grate it very finely
> and add it slowly to chicken stock give it the right consistency.

Mr. Wizard

"mdfloyd" > wrote in message
om...
> They won't tell me anything at the restaurant; I've just been
> experimenting with Monterey Jack and then queso blanco . . . would
> chicken stock keep it from hardening back up?

Once it cools it will firm up. Heat it back up, soft again.
The liquid from the stock emulsifies the cheese when it is hot.

How to tell them to improve their Queso Blanco jmcquown General Cooking 1 22-06-2006 07:55 PM
Ghost Eaters Queso Blanco Duckie ® Recipes 0 02-10-2005 03:17 PM
Ajo Blanco Duckie ® Recipes 0 08-09-2005 10:18 PM
Guava Paste & Queso Blanco Filled Epanadas Woodruff's Recipes (moderated) 0 14-01-2005 04:03 AM
Guava Paste & Queso Blanco Filled Epanadas Woodruff's Recipes (moderated) 0 14-01-2005 04:03 AM