Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default For People that Watch, Menus for Super Bowl?

I am smoking a chicken, and making cheesy cauliflower bake and salad for
dinner. 1 small bag of peanuts in the shell, and 2 very cold, almost
freezing, Miller Chills during the game, one in the first half, and one in
the second half. Just the two of us this year, so nothing really fancy.
Yours? Friends coming, or you going somewhere else?

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" > wrote in message
> I am smoking a chicken, and making cheesy cauliflower bake and salad for
> dinner. 1 small bag of peanuts in the shell, and 2 very cold, almost
> freezing, Miller Chills during the game, one in the first half, and one in
> the second half. Just the two of us this year, so nothing really fancy.
> Yours? Friends coming, or you going somewhere else?
>

> Cheri

We're just staying home, watching the game on our new 47 inch flat screen.
I'll make something to munch on, and we'll hang out and relax.

--

Evelyn

"Even as a mother protects with her life her only child, So with a boundless
heart let one cherish all living beings." --Sutta Nipata 1.8

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Cheri wrote:
> I am smoking a chicken, and making cheesy cauliflower bake and salad for
> dinner. 1 small bag of peanuts in the shell, and 2 very cold, almost
> freezing, Miller Chills during the game, one in the first half, and one
> in the second half. Just the two of us this year, so nothing really
> fancy. Yours? Friends coming, or you going somewhere else?

I'm making chicken wings. We like them broiled with a coating of garlic,
Chinese 5 spice powder and soy sauce. A tablespoon of each does it.

I might also make some guacamole the real way without any crap from a
jar, just avocado, sweet onion, diced fresh tomato, salt and fresh key
lime juice. DH likes to dip baby carrots in it. I'll do a few corn chips.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
> Cheri wrote:
>> I am smoking a chicken, and making cheesy cauliflower bake and salad for
>> dinner. 1 small bag of peanuts in the shell, and 2 very cold, almost
>> freezing, Miller Chills during the game, one in the first half, and one
>> in the second half. Just the two of us this year, so nothing really
>> fancy. Yours? Friends coming, or you going somewhere else?

> I'm making chicken wings. We like them broiled with a coating of garlic,
> Chinese 5 spice powder and soy sauce. A tablespoon of each does it.
>
> I might also make some guacamole the real way without any crap from a jar,
> just avocado, sweet onion, diced fresh tomato, salt and fresh key lime
> juice. DH likes to dip baby carrots in it. I'll do a few corn chips.

That sounds really good. Who are you pulling for?

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 5/02/2010 8:09 AM, Cheri wrote:
> I am smoking a chicken, and making cheesy cauliflower bake and salad for
> dinner. 1 small bag of peanuts in the shell, and 2 very cold, almost
> freezing, Miller Chills during the game, one in the first half, and one
> in the second half. Just the two of us this year, so nothing really
> fancy. Yours? Friends coming, or you going somewhere else?
>

> Cheri

How do you smoke a chicken ? Must be hard to light. :+)

(- -)
=m=(_)=m=
RodS T2
Australia

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

RodS wrote:
> On 5/02/2010 8:09 AM, Cheri wrote:
>> I am smoking a chicken, and making cheesy cauliflower bake and salad
>> for dinner. 1 small bag of peanuts in the shell, and 2 very cold,
>> almost freezing, Miller Chills during the game, one in the first
>> half, and one in the second half. Just the two of us this year, so
>> nothing really fancy. Yours? Friends coming, or you going somewhere
>> else? Cheri
>>

> How do you smoke a chicken ? Must be hard to light. :+)

And all those feathers...

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"RodS" > wrote in message
> On 5/02/2010 8:09 AM, Cheri wrote:
>> I am smoking a chicken, and making cheesy cauliflower bake and salad for
>> dinner. 1 small bag of peanuts in the shell, and 2 very cold, almost
>> freezing, Miller Chills during the game, one in the first half, and one
>> in the second half. Just the two of us this year, so nothing really
>> fancy. Yours? Friends coming, or you going somewhere else?
>>

>> Cheri
>>

> How do you smoke a chicken ? Must be hard to light. :+)

LOL

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" > wrote in message
>I am smoking a chicken, and making cheesy cauliflower bake and salad
>for dinner. 1 small bag of peanuts in the shell, and 2 very cold,
>almost freezing, Miller Chills during the game, one in the first
>half, and one in the second half. Just the two of us this year, so
>nothing really fancy. Yours? Friends coming, or you going somewhere
>else?
>

> Cheri

What's a "super bowl?"

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

~ky~ wrote:
> "Cheri" > wrote in message
>> I am smoking a chicken, and making cheesy cauliflower bake and salad
>> for dinner. 1 small bag of peanuts in the shell, and 2 very cold,
>> almost freezing, Miller Chills during the game, one in the first
>> half, and one in the second half. Just the two of us this year, so
>> nothing really fancy. Yours? Friends coming, or you going somewhere
>> else?
>>

>> Cheri
>>

> What's a "super bowl?"

An oversized serving bowl, silly

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Cheri wrote:
> "Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
>> Cheri wrote:
>>> I am smoking a chicken, and making cheesy cauliflower bake and salad
>>> for dinner. 1 small bag of peanuts in the shell, and 2 very cold,
>>> almost freezing, Miller Chills during the game, one in the first
>>> half, and one in the second half. Just the two of us this year, so
>>> nothing really fancy. Yours? Friends coming, or you going somewhere
>>> else?

>> I'm making chicken wings. We like them broiled with a coating of
>> garlic, Chinese 5 spice powder and soy sauce. A tablespoon of each
>> does it.
>>
>> I might also make some guacamole the real way without any crap from a
>> jar, just avocado, sweet onion, diced fresh tomato, salt and fresh key
>> lime juice. DH likes to dip baby carrots in it. I'll do a few corn
>> chips.

> That sounds really good. Who are you pulling for?
>
> Cheri

I am rooting for New Orleans. The whole Katrina thing, you know. What I
really am interested in is the commercials.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
> ~ky~ wrote:
>> "Cheri" > wrote in message
>>> I am smoking a chicken, and making cheesy cauliflower bake and salad
>>> for dinner. 1 small bag of peanuts in the shell, and 2 very cold,
>>> almost freezing, Miller Chills during the game, one in the first
>>> half, and one in the second half. Just the two of us this year, so
>>> nothing really fancy. Yours? Friends coming, or you going somewhere
>>> else?
>>>

>>> Cheri
>>>

>> What's a "super bowl?"

> An oversized serving bowl, silly

Here that is called a popcorn bowl.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove wrote:
> "Ozgirl" > wrote in message
>> ~ky~ wrote:

>>> What's a "super bowl?"

>> An oversized serving bowl, silly

> Here that is called a popcorn bowl.

Here, a popcorn bowl is something big enough to fit your popcorn in I am
truly thankful to the Americans who over time have made a serving bowl/dish
etc for every occasion. My prized possession is my glass hard-boiled egg
plate. It looks fabulous filled with devilled eggs!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove wrote:

>>> An oversized serving bowl, silly

>> Here that is called a popcorn bowl.

> Here, a popcorn bowl is something big enough to fit your popcorn in I
> am truly thankful to the Americans who over time have made a serving
> bowl/dish etc for every occasion. My prized possession is my glass
> hard-boiled egg plate. It looks fabulous filled with devilled eggs!

I've had several egg things over the years. No glass ones though.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove wrote:
> "Ozgirl" > wrote in message
>> Julie Bove wrote:

>>> Here that is called a popcorn bowl.

>> Here, a popcorn bowl is something big enough to fit your popcorn in
>> I am truly thankful to the Americans who over time have made a
>> serving bowl/dish etc for every occasion. My prized possession is my
>> glass hard-boiled egg plate. It looks fabulous filled with devilled
>> eggs!

> I've had several egg things over the years. No glass ones though.

Similar to this which I am not sure is plastic or glass. Mine has a nice
glass.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove wrote:

>>> Here, a popcorn bowl is something big enough to fit your popcorn in
>>> I am truly thankful to the Americans who over time have made a
>>> serving bowl/dish etc for every occasion. My prized possession is my
>>> glass hard-boiled egg plate. It looks fabulous filled with devilled
>>> eggs!

>> I've had several egg things over the years. No glass ones though.

> Similar to this which I am not sure is plastic or glass. Mine has a nice
> glass.

I can remember one of my friends getting a lead crystal Ritz cracker server
at her wedding shower. She was impressed that it held a whole roll of Ritz.
I can't remember the last time I served Ritz to anyone. My husband does eat
them occasionally straight from the box with some sort of cheese. But
really I buy them once a year if that.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 6/02/2010 4:06 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
> Julie Bove wrote:
>> > wrote in message

>>> Here, a popcorn bowl is something big enough to fit your popcorn in
>>> I am truly thankful to the Americans who over time have made a
>>> serving bowl/dish etc for every occasion. My prized possession is my
>>> glass hard-boiled egg plate. It looks fabulous filled with devilled
>>> eggs!

>> I've had several egg things over the years. No glass ones though.

> Similar to this which I am not sure is plastic or glass. Mine has a nice
> glass.

Do you keep it in the same draw as your Automatic belly button brush :-)

(- -)
=m=(_)=m=
RodS T2
Australia
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove wrote:
> "Ozgirl" > wrote in message
>> Julie Bove wrote:

>>> I've had several egg things over the years. No glass ones though.

>> Similar to this which I am not sure is plastic or glass. Mine has a
>> nice glass.

> I can remember one of my friends getting a lead crystal Ritz cracker
> server at her wedding shower. She was impressed that it held a whole
> roll of Ritz. I can't remember the last time I served Ritz to anyone.
> My husband does eat them occasionally straight from the box with some
> sort of cheese. But really I buy them once a year if that.

We bought them at Xmas, first time in years! We put creamed cheese and chili
flavoured smoked oysters on top.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

RodS wrote:

>>> I've had several egg things over the years. No glass ones though.

>> Similar to this which I am not sure is plastic or glass. Mine has a
>> nice glass.
>>

> Do you keep it in the same draw as your Automatic belly button brush
> :-)

Aww, never seen those. My late aunt used to give all the adult nieces and
nephews a token pressie at Xmas, just something small. My girl cousins and I
used to have great fun trying to work out what the things were we actually
got. One year we decided my gift was a pickled onion picker upperer. Damn me
if it wasn't the coolest thing! I was so pleased. I used it for many, many
years. It looked sorta like a syringe and you grabbed the onion with claws,
like those claw games at amusements centres where you pay a bunch of money
to keep missing the toys I believe some of the things she gave out were
gifts for games at Tupperware parties. I recently acquired (from goodness
knows where) a keyring, It is a miniature Tupperware shape-o. I am thrilled!
http://www.tupperwarekeychains.com/shap_O%20ball.htm

Here is the original shape-o
http://www.tupperdiva.com/toys/pages/shapeo.html

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove wrote:

>>> Similar to this which I am not sure is plastic or glass. Mine has a
>>> nice glass.

>> I can remember one of my friends getting a lead crystal Ritz cracker
>> server at her wedding shower. She was impressed that it held a whole
>> roll of Ritz. I can't remember the last time I served Ritz to anyone.
>> My husband does eat them occasionally straight from the box with some
>> sort of cheese. But really I buy them once a year if that.

> We bought them at Xmas, first time in years! We put creamed cheese and
> chili flavoured smoked oysters on top.

I didn't know you could get them there. I'm not much of a cracker person,
myself. I think perhaps because the only time I ever got them at home was
when I was sick. Sort of like plain Jell-O.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
> RodS wrote:

>>> Similar to this which I am not sure is plastic or glass. Mine has a
>>> nice glass.
>>>

>> Do you keep it in the same draw as your Automatic belly button brush
>> :-)

> Aww, never seen those. My late aunt used to give all the adult nieces and
> nephews a token pressie at Xmas, just something small. My girl cousins and
> I used to have great fun trying to work out what the things were we
> actually got. One year we decided my gift was a pickled onion picker
> upperer. Damn me if it wasn't the coolest thing! I was so pleased. I used
> it for many, many years. It looked sorta like a syringe and you grabbed
> the onion with claws, like those claw games at amusements centres where
> you pay a bunch of money to keep missing the toys I believe some of the
> things she gave out were gifts for games at Tupperware parties. I recently
> acquired (from goodness knows where) a keyring, It is a miniature
> Tupperware shape-o. I am thrilled!
> http://www.tupperwarekeychains.com/shap_O%20ball.htm
>
> Here is the original shape-o
> http://www.tupperdiva.com/toys/pages/shapeo.html

We had one of those. Don't know if we still do. It was sold as an olive
grabber. My husband was intrigued by it. Not that he has the patience to
actually use such a thing.

My maternal grandma ordered cases of things when they had a store. We'd all
get the same thing for Christmas. One year it was stuffed poodles. One
cousin was angry with me because I got the pink one and she wanted it.

After the store closed, they kept all the stock in an old railroad car
behind the house. We were allowed to go in there and shop for birthday
presents.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove wrote:
> "Ozgirl" > wrote in message
>> RodS wrote:

>>> Do you keep it in the same draw as your Automatic belly button brush
>>> :-)

>> Aww, never seen those. My late aunt used to give all the adult
>> nieces and nephews a token pressie at Xmas, just something small. My
>> girl cousins and I used to have great fun trying to work out what
>> the things were we actually got. One year we decided my gift was a
>> pickled onion picker upperer. Damn me if it wasn't the coolest
>> thing! I was so pleased. I used it for many, many years. It looked
>> sorta like a syringe and you grabbed the onion with claws, like
>> those claw games at amusements centres where you pay a bunch of
>> money to keep missing the toys I believe some of the things she
>> gave out were gifts for games at Tupperware parties. I recently
>> acquired (from goodness knows where) a keyring, It is a miniature
>> Tupperware shape-o. I am thrilled!
>> http://www.tupperwarekeychains.com/shap_O%20ball.htm Here is the original
>> shape-o
>> http://www.tupperdiva.com/toys/pages/shapeo.html

> We had one of those. Don't know if we still do. It was sold as an
> olive grabber. My husband was intrigued by it. Not that he has the
> patience to actually use such a thing.
>
> My maternal grandma ordered cases of things when they had a store. We'd
> all get the same thing for Christmas. One year it was stuffed
> poodles. One cousin was angry with me because I got the pink one and
> she wanted it.
> After the store closed, they kept all the stock in an old railroad car
> behind the house. We were allowed to go in there and shop for
> birthday presents.

Ah, an olive grabber. Back in the day I never ate olives or most veggies
other than potatoes, lol. So to me it was a pickled onion "grabber".

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove wrote:

>>> Aww, never seen those. My late aunt used to give all the adult
>>> nieces and nephews a token pressie at Xmas, just something small. My
>>> girl cousins and I used to have great fun trying to work out what
>>> the things were we actually got. One year we decided my gift was a
>>> pickled onion picker upperer. Damn me if it wasn't the coolest
>>> thing! I was so pleased. I used it for many, many years. It looked
>>> sorta like a syringe and you grabbed the onion with claws, like
>>> those claw games at amusements centres where you pay a bunch of
>>> money to keep missing the toys I believe some of the things she
>>> gave out were gifts for games at Tupperware parties. I recently
>>> acquired (from goodness knows where) a keyring, It is a miniature
>>> Tupperware shape-o. I am thrilled!
>>> http://www.tupperwarekeychains.com/shap_O%20ball.htm Here is the
>>> original shape-o
>>> http://www.tupperdiva.com/toys/pages/shapeo.html

>> We had one of those. Don't know if we still do. It was sold as an
>> olive grabber. My husband was intrigued by it. Not that he has the
>> patience to actually use such a thing.
>>
>> My maternal grandma ordered cases of things when they had a store. We'd
>> all get the same thing for Christmas. One year it was stuffed
>> poodles. One cousin was angry with me because I got the pink one and
>> she wanted it.
>> After the store closed, they kept all the stock in an old railroad car
>> behind the house. We were allowed to go in there and shop for
>> birthday presents.

> Ah, an olive grabber. Back in the day I never ate olives or most veggies
> other than potatoes, lol. So to me it was a pickled onion "grabber".

I've seen similar things in the hardware dept. called nail grabbers or screw
grabbers or some such thing.

I've always eaten olives. As a child, I only knew of 2 kinds. The black
and the green. With or without pits. The green ones might be stuffed. We
were allowed 5 of each. I think perhaps because they are so expensive.

I always ate a lot of vegetables, mainly raw ones. I have some tiny tongs
for serving those.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove wrote:

>>> Aww, never seen those. My late aunt used to give all the adult
>>> nieces and nephews a token pressie at Xmas, just something small. My
>>> girl cousins and I used to have great fun trying to work out what
>>> the things were we actually got. One year we decided my gift was a
>>> pickled onion picker upperer. Damn me if it wasn't the coolest
>>> thing! I was so pleased. I used it for many, many years. It looked
>>> sorta like a syringe and you grabbed the onion with claws, like
>>> those claw games at amusements centres where you pay a bunch of
>>> money to keep missing the toys I believe some of the things she
>>> gave out were gifts for games at Tupperware parties. I recently
>>> acquired (from goodness knows where) a keyring, It is a miniature
>>> Tupperware shape-o. I am thrilled!
>>> http://www.tupperwarekeychains.com/shap_O%20ball.htm Here is the
>>> original shape-o
>>> http://www.tupperdiva.com/toys/pages/shapeo.html

>> We had one of those. Don't know if we still do. It was sold as an
>> olive grabber. My husband was intrigued by it. Not that he has the
>> patience to actually use such a thing.
>>
>> My maternal grandma ordered cases of things when they had a store. We'd
>> all get the same thing for Christmas. One year it was stuffed
>> poodles. One cousin was angry with me because I got the pink one and
>> she wanted it.
>> After the store closed, they kept all the stock in an old railroad car
>> behind the house. We were allowed to go in there and shop for
>> birthday presents.

> Ah, an olive grabber. Back in the day I never ate olives or most veggies
> other than potatoes, lol. So to me it was a pickled onion "grabber".

I have a sort of a claw like tongs, which work perfectly for serving
asparagus or long whole green beans. I got it for $.50 at a yard sale, and
it is one of the most well used items in my kitchen.

--

Evelyn

"Even as a mother protects with her life her only child, So with a boundless
heart let one cherish all living beings." --Sutta Nipata 1.8

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> Here, a popcorn bowl is something big enough to fit your popcorn in I
> am truly thankful to the Americans who over time have made a serving
> bowl/dish etc for every occasion. My prized possession is my glass
> hard-boiled egg plate. It looks fabulous filled with devilled eggs!

Yes, I like mine too. Around here everyone loves those eggs, but the really
bizarre thing about mine is that it holds 15 halves, why not 14 or 16? It's
a mystery to me. :-)

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" > wrote in message
> "Ozgirl" > wrote in message
>
>> Here, a popcorn bowl is something big enough to fit your popcorn in I
>> am truly thankful to the Americans who over time have made a serving
>> bowl/dish etc for every occasion. My prized possession is my glass
>> hard-boiled egg plate. It looks fabulous filled with devilled eggs!

> Yes, I like mine too. Around here everyone loves those eggs, but the
> really bizarre thing about mine is that it holds 15 halves, why not 14 or
> 16? It's a mystery to me. :-)
>
> Cheri

Because they KNOW you are going to taste ONE!

--

Evelyn

"Even as a mother protects with her life her only child, So with a boundless
heart let one cherish all living beings." --Sutta Nipata 1.8

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" > wrote in message

> "Cheri" > wrote in message
>> "Ozgirl" > wrote in message
>>
>>> Here, a popcorn bowl is something big enough to fit your popcorn in I
>>> am truly thankful to the Americans who over time have made a serving
>>> bowl/dish etc for every occasion. My prized possession is my glass
>>> hard-boiled egg plate. It looks fabulous filled with devilled eggs!

>> Yes, I like mine too. Around here everyone loves those eggs, but the
>> really bizarre thing about mine is that it holds 15 halves, why not 14 or
>> 16? It's a mystery to me. :-)
>>
>> Cheri

> Because they KNOW you are going to taste ONE!
>
> --
>
> Evelyn

You could be right, come to think of it!

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" > wrote in message
> "Evelyn" > wrote in message

>>> Yes, I like mine too. Around here everyone loves those eggs, but the
>>> really bizarre thing about mine is that it holds 15 halves, why not 14
>>> or 16? It's a mystery to me. :-)
>>>
>>> Cheri

>> Because they KNOW you are going to taste ONE!
>>
>> --
>>
>> Evelyn

> You could be right, come to think of it!
>
> Cheri

Of course I am :-) :-) :-)
Wouldn't you?

--

Evelyn

"Even as a mother protects with her life her only child, So with a boundless
heart let one cherish all living beings." --Sutta Nipata 1.8

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Cheri wrote:
> "Ozgirl" > wrote in message
>
>> Here, a popcorn bowl is something big enough to fit your popcorn in
>> I am truly thankful to the Americans who over time have made a
>> serving bowl/dish etc for every occasion. My prized possession is my
>> glass hard-boiled egg plate. It looks fabulous filled with devilled
>> eggs!

> Yes, I like mine too. Around here everyone loves those eggs, but the
> really bizarre thing about mine is that it holds 15 halves, why not
> 14 or 16? It's a mystery to me. :-)
>
> Cheri

I usually stuff up at least half an egg, would be ok for me

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 7/02/2010 12:03 AM, Cheri wrote:
> "Ozgirl" > wrote in message
>
>> Here, a popcorn bowl is something big enough to fit your popcorn in
>> I am truly thankful to the Americans who over time have made a serving
>> bowl/dish etc for every occasion. My prized possession is my glass
>> hard-boiled egg plate. It looks fabulous filled with devilled eggs!

> Yes, I like mine too. Around here everyone loves those eggs, but the
> really bizarre thing about mine is that it holds 15 halves, why not 14
> or 16? It's a mystery to me. :-)
>
> Cheri

Cooks privilege the cook gets to sample one to make sure he/she isn't
poisoning the rest :-)

(- -)
=m=(_)=m=
RodS T2
Australia
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" > wrote in message
> "Ozgirl" > wrote in message
>
>> Here, a popcorn bowl is something big enough to fit your popcorn in I
>> am truly thankful to the Americans who over time have made a serving
>> bowl/dish etc for every occasion. My prized possession is my glass
>> hard-boiled egg plate. It looks fabulous filled with devilled eggs!

> Yes, I like mine too. Around here everyone loves those eggs, but the
> really bizarre thing about mine is that it holds 15 halves, why not 14 or
> 16? It's a mystery to me. :-)
>
> Cheri

Maybe they assumed that you would eat one as you made them.

Robert Miles

Super Bowl Menus? Cheri[_3_] Diabetic 29 01-02-2014 05:11 AM
Super Bowl Menus? Cheri[_3_] Diabetic 4 31-01-2012 11:53 PM
TN: older Super Tuscan for the Super Bowl DaleW Wine 0 08-02-2010 03:13 PM
Super Bowl Menus? Cheri[_3_] Diabetic 12 02-02-2009 06:24 PM