Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default speaking of cauliflower

after reading this post i was telling DH i wanted to do this soon so if he
found a nice head for less than the price of gold to get it... he says well
if i get two can e do in the nuker like we used to... i had totally forgot
about this.

when we took a class one of the recipes was nuking the cauliflower. and this
is from memory so bear with me.

clean the head of cauliflower leaving it in tackt
set it upright in a dish that you can nuke. put about a quater cup of
water in the bottom and nuke on high for five mins then let rest for three
minutes... check the water add just a bit to keep the bottom from being dry
but don't overwater it. when it is about half to 3/4 of the way done
spread on the follwing
two tbsp worscheter or a 1 sauce, sp
1/4 c mayo and 14 mustard
after you have spread this on and you think it needs one more cycle sprinkle
on the shredded/grated cheese of your choice and finish off.

serve right in the dish you cooked it in, i always used one that would keep
it upright for presentation and after just put the lid on to store, if there
was any left.

also i increased the mayo to 1/3 c because the mustard was too strong for
DH,

I like this one because you can change the taste depending on which mustard
you use, or the cheese.

Lee
--
Have a wonderful day

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

worchester sauce still not spelled right but i know the first try was
unreadable, use this or the a-1 not both, Lee

--
Have a wonderful day

"Stormmee" > wrote in message
> after reading this post i was telling DH i wanted to do this soon so if he
> found a nice head for less than the price of gold to get it... he says
> well if i get two can e do in the nuker like we used to... i had totally
> forgot about this.
>
> when we took a class one of the recipes was nuking the cauliflower. and
> this is from memory so bear with me.
>

> clean the head of cauliflower leaving it in tackt
> set it upright in a dish that you can nuke. put about a quater cup of
> water in the bottom and nuke on high for five mins then let rest for three
> minutes... check the water add just a bit to keep the bottom from being
> dry but don't overwater it. when it is about half to 3/4 of the way done
> spread on the follwing
> two tbsp worscheter or a 1 sauce, sp
> 1/4 c mayo and 14 mustard
> after you have spread this on and you think it needs one more cycle
> sprinkle on the shredded/grated cheese of your choice and finish off.
>
> serve right in the dish you cooked it in, i always used one that would
> keep it upright for presentation and after just put the lid on to store,
> if there was any left.
>
> also i increased the mayo to 1/3 c because the mustard was too strong for
> DH,
>
> I like this one because you can change the taste depending on which
> mustard you use, or the cheese.
>
> Lee
> --
> Have a wonderful day

Cauliflower news.albasani.net Preserving 10 13-07-2008 03:17 AM
Cauliflower: How could it cause such brigmave Diabetic 144 24-10-2007 07:05 AM
Cauliflower Me General Cooking 11 30-06-2005 01:41 AM
Cauliflower Anny Middon Preserving 7 20-06-2005 09:20 PM
How do you say cauliflower Denise~* General Cooking 77 09-08-2004 04:10 PM