Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default I made this tonight

to accompany roast (spatchcocked) chicken and roasted new potatoes.
I changed the cheese to Cambozola. Damn, it was good and a definite
must repeat!

Roasted Endive And Pear Salad With Arugula, Walnuts, And Roquefort
http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2...ad-recipe.html

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, March 13, 2012 11:31:55 PM UTC-5, sf wrote:

> to accompany roast (spatchcocked) chicken and roasted new potatoes.
> I changed the cheese to Cambozola. Damn, it was good and a definite
> must repeat!
>
> Roasted Endive And Pear Salad With Arugula, Walnuts, And Roquefort
> http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2...ad-recipe.html

Looks good!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 13 Mar 2012 21:31:55 -0700, sf > wrote:

>to accompany roast (spatchcocked) chicken and roasted new potatoes.
>I changed the cheese to Cambozola. Damn, it was good and a definite
>must repeat!
>
>Roasted Endive And Pear Salad With Arugula, Walnuts, And Roquefort
>http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2...ad-recipe.html

That's just a recipe on a web site, I don't see where you cooked
anything.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 13 Mar 2012 22:14:41 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, March 13, 2012 11:31:55 PM UTC-5, sf wrote:
>>
>> to accompany roast (spatchcocked) chicken and roasted new potatoes.
>> I changed the cheese to Cambozola. Damn, it was good and a definite
>> must repeat!
>>
>> Roasted Endive And Pear Salad With Arugula, Walnuts, And Roquefort
>> http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2...ad-recipe.html
>>

>Looks good!

How can it look good, she only posted a recipe link. Anyone can post
a link to a recipe.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, March 13, 2012 11:31:55 PM UTC-5, sf wrote:

> to accompany roast (spatchcocked) chicken and roasted new potatoes.
> I changed the cheese to Cambozola. Damn, it was good and a definite
> must repeat!
>
> Roasted Endive And Pear Salad With Arugula, Walnuts, And Roquefort
> http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2...ad-recipe.html

I am assuming what she made looks very similar to this and this picture does look good whether it's her actual dish or not.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf > wrote in
:

> to accompany roast (spatchcocked) chicken and roasted new potatoes.
> I changed the cheese to Cambozola. Damn, it was good and a definite
> must repeat!
>
> Roasted Endive And Pear Salad With Arugula, Walnuts, And Roquefort
> http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2...ash-roasted-en
> dive-and-pear-salad-recipe.html

Nice!!

--
Peter
Tasmania
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 14, 10:26*pm, "
> wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 13, 2012 11:31:55 PM UTC-5, sf wrote:
>
> > to accompany roast (spatchcocked) chicken and roasted new potatoes.
> > I changed the cheese to Cambozola. *Damn, it was good and a definite
> > must repeat!

> > Roasted Endive And Pear Salad With Arugula, Walnuts, And Roquefort
> >http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2...flash-roasted-...

> I am assuming what she made looks very similar to this and this picture does look good whether it's her actual dish or not.

I think his point is that....anyone can link to a photo and claim he
cooked it. Hey - maybe THAT'S why someone here once gave me a ration
of crap when I asked for a mere turn of a plate for the pattern
name.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 13:32:38 -0700 (PDT), Kalmia
> wrote:

> On Mar 14, 10:26*pm, "
> > wrote:
> > On Tuesday, March 13, 2012 11:31:55 PM UTC-5, sf wrote:
> >
> > > to accompany roast (spatchcocked) chicken and roasted new potatoes.
> > > I changed the cheese to Cambozola. *Damn, it was good and a definite
> > > must repeat!

> > > Roasted Endive And Pear Salad With Arugula, Walnuts, And Roquefort
> > >http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2...flash-roasted-...

> > I am assuming what she made looks very similar to this and this picture does look good whether it's her actual dish or not.

> I think his point is that....anyone can link to a photo and claim he
> cooked it.

I have no idea who you're talking about or what they said, but it's
not my photo or my recipe. I thought it was pretty clear that they
weren't but I guess everything needs to be spelled out in detail for
certain readers of rfc.

> Hey - maybe THAT'S why someone here once gave me a ration
> of crap when I asked for a mere turn of a plate for the pattern
> name.

Some people will give you grief just because it's in their nature.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf > wrote in
:

> On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 13:32:38 -0700 (PDT), Kalmia
> > wrote:
>
>> On Mar 14, 10:26*pm, "
>> > wrote:

roaste

>> > I am assuming what she made looks very similar to this and this
>> > picture does look good whether it's her actual dish or not.

>> I think his point is that....anyone can link to a photo and claim he
>> cooked it.

> I have no idea who you're talking about or what they said, but it's
> not my photo or my recipe. I thought it was pretty clear that they
> weren't but I guess everything needs to be spelled out in detail for
> certain readers of rfc.

I think Kalmia was talking about a certain 'he', who posts pics of food
and passes them off as his own, when they are not.

>> Hey - maybe THAT'S why someone here once gave me a ration
>> of crap when I asked for a mere turn of a plate for the pattern
>> name.

Name names, Kalmia!!!
Please.... we'd love to hear :-)

> Some people will give you grief just because it's in their nature.

Indeed...... must be a missing enzyme in what's left of their brains
that does it.

--
Peter
Tasmania
Senior Member

Location: New York

I prepared this recipe by following the steps given in the link shared by you. The end result was a super tasty dish.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 30, 2:03*am, RussianFoodDire <RussianFoodDire.
> wrote:

> I prepared this recipe by following the steps given in the link shared
> by you. The end result was a super tasty dish.

Are you independently wealthy enough to run out each day and make
a new recipe with ingredients you have never before used and now must
buy to complete the recipe? If the answer is yes, then you should
declare yourself this newsgroup's official recipe reviewer who each
day picks at random (or any fair system), one recipe sent into this
group, prepares and eats it, then writes an honest review of the
results for people in the group to see. I am a nice guy though. I
would never send you a recipe that might require you to buy things
you've never used before and will probably not use again. I would
only send simple but good recipes. So simple in fact that some snobs
could not possibly imagine how good they really are. If you really
did as you say, I like the concept a lot - but only if you do it every
day - like a job almost - but one that is perhaps rewarding and
fulfilling in more ways than one. You can be the chef/critic of this
newsgroup. I like it.

TJ
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 20, 5:51*pm, "I'm back on the laptop" >
wrote:
> sf > wrote :
>

> > On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 13:32:38 -0700 (PDT), Kalmia
> > > wrote:

> >> On Mar 14, 10:26*pm, "

> roaste

> >> I think his point is that....anyone can link to a photo and claim he
> >> cooked it.

> > I have no idea who you're talking about or what they said, but it's
> > not my photo or my recipe. *I thought it was pretty clear that they
> > weren't but I guess everything needs to be spelled out in detail for
> > certain readers of rfc.

> I think Kalmia was talking about a certain 'he', who posts pics of food
> and passes them off as his own, when they are not.
>

> >> Hey - maybe THAT'S why someone here once gave me a ration
> >> of crap when I asked for a mere turn of a *plate for the pattern
> >>name.

> Namenames, Kalmia!!!
> Please.... we'd love to hear :-)
>

> > Some people will give you grief just because it's in their nature.

> Indeed...... must be a missing enzyme in what's left of their brains
> that does it.
>
> --
> Peter
> Tasmania
> Australia

It was Aussie #1, Aussie* and Aussie-PL in thread:
PIC: Dinner tonight 11Jan11

I imagine that keeping all those aliases straight takes more of those
enzymes.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/4/2012 5:59 PM, Kalmia wrote:
> On Mar 20, 5:51 pm, "I'm back on the >
> wrote:
>> Indeed...... must be a missing enzyme in what's left of their brains
>> that does it.
>>
>> --
>> Peter
>> Tasmania
>> Australia

> It was Aussie #1, Aussie* and Aussie-PL in thread:
> PIC: Dinner tonight 11Jan11
>
> I imagine that keeping all those aliases straight takes more of those
> enzymes.

*coffee spew*

*kneeslap*

ROTFLMELFAO!!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kalmia > wrote in
:

> On Mar 20, 5:51*pm, "I'm back on the laptop" >
> wrote:

>> I think Kalmia was talking about a certain 'he', who posts pics of
>> food and passes them off as his own, when they are not.

>> Namenames, Kalmia!!!
>> Please.... we'd love to hear :-)
>>

>> > Some people will give you grief just because it's in their nature.

>> Indeed...... must be a missing enzyme in what's left of their brains
>> that does it.

> It was Aussie #1, Aussie* and Aussie-PL in thread:
> PIC: Dinner tonight 11Jan11
>
> I imagine that keeping all those aliases straight takes more of those
> enzymes.

LOL!! Just went and revisited that thread....... :-)

IIRC, the name changes were because our resident stalker/trolls here
were using my names to make posts and I was trying to throw them off. So
it wasn't a matter of "aliases"

However, that being said, looking at the conversation, I can see why it
evolved. I probably would answer the same if it started today.

BTW, I looked on the bottom of the plate, it says "Porcelain. Made in
China"

IIRC there was a pattern name on the box when I bought it, but the
pattern 'name' is of no consequence to me. I do, however, concede that
it is of vital importance to others ;-)

And looking back on *this* conversation, your comment about "a ration of
crap for asking for a mere turn of the plate"... seems to be insinuating
that I didn't give you 'a turn of the plate' because the pics weren't
mine.

You really should check the rest of the pictures...... the same plate
appears in quite a lot of them.

Starting from here........

http://tinypic.com/yourstuff.php?page=4

to here.....

http://tinypic.com/yourstuff.php?page=5

and here....

http://tinypic.com/yourstuff.php?page=6

and through pages 7, 9, 10, and more.

And then the same plate/s make appearances in here......

http://s199.photobucket.com/albums/a...whole%20bunch%
20of%20mainly%20food%20pics/?start=all

and right throughout....

http://s199.photobucket.com/albums/aa216/PeterL_2007/

Still want to insinuate that the food pics I post aren't mine???

And if you want to argue that it was *I* that insinuated that the pics I
post aren't mine...... I was talking about a certain other person on
here who practices it.

--
Peter
Tasmania
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Pennyaline > wrote in news:4f7ce2a0$0
:

> On 4/4/2012 5:59 PM, Kalmia wrote:
>> On Mar 20, 5:51 pm, "I'm back on the >
>> wrote:
>>> Indeed...... must be a missing enzyme in what's left of their brains
>>> that does it.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Peter
>>> Tasmania
>>> Australia

>> It was Aussie #1, Aussie* and Aussie-PL in thread:
>> PIC: Dinner tonight 11Jan11
>>
>> I imagine that keeping all those aliases straight takes more of those
>> enzymes.

> *coffee spew*
>
> *kneeslap*

Laughing at someone's grudge they've wrongly held for 15months??? Can't be
much joy in your life, hey?

--
Peter
Tasmania

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/4/2012 9:10 PM, I'm back on the laptop wrote:
> > wrote in news:4f7ce2a0$0
> :
>
>> On 4/4/2012 5:59 PM, Kalmia wrote:

>>> It was Aussie #1, Aussie* and Aussie-PL in thread:
>>> PIC: Dinner tonight 11Jan11
>>>
>>> I imagine that keeping all those aliases straight takes more of those
>>> enzymes.

>> *coffee spew*
>>
>> *kneeslap*
>>

> Laughing at someone's grudge they've wrongly held for 15months??? Can't be
> much joy in your life, hey?

I'm not laughing at someone's grudge, honey. I'm laughing at the
unexpected outcome. Cultivate a sense of humor. "...you be nice to me,
I'll be nice to you," remember... Oh, right. That was all crap, wasn't it.

There's lots of joy in my life, bub, and that there was just another
little bit of it!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Pennyaline > wrote in
:

> On 4/4/2012 9:10 PM, I'm back on the laptop wrote:
>> > wrote in
>> news:4f7ce2a0$0 :

>>> *coffee spew*
>>>
>>> *kneeslap*
>>>

>> Laughing at someone's grudge they've wrongly held for 15months???
>> Can't be much joy in your life, hey?

> I'm not laughing at someone's grudge, honey. I'm laughing at the
> unexpected outcome.

You can sugar coat a piece of shit, honey, but it's still a piece of
shit.

As has been proven already, Kalmia had a 'misguided' grudge. You laughed
at/about it.

> Cultivate a sense of humor.

Mine is watered regularly and grows.

Yours seems rather withered and dry.

> "...you be nice to me,
> I'll be nice to you," remember... Oh, right. That was all crap, wasn't
> it.

Not at all.
You mistakingly jumped on a bandwagon that wasn't going anywhere. I just
pointed it out to you. That was me being helpful/nice.

> There's lots of joy in my life, bub, and that there was just another
> little bit of it!

Even when it's been shown to you to be wrong? You have a warped sense of
'joy'.

--
Peter
Tasmania
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/4/2012 10:26 PM, I'm back on the laptop wrote:

<snipped>

It's incredibly sad that you feel the need to defend yourself so
vehemently over something like this.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Pennyaline wrote:

> It's incredibly sad that you feel the need to defend yourself so
> vehemently over something like this.

Petey doesn't like words that start with "veh".

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Pennyaline > wrote in news:4f7d3c8f$0
:

> On 4/4/2012 10:26 PM, I'm back on the laptop wrote:
>
> <snipped>
>
> It's incredibly sad that you feel the need to defend yourself so
> vehemently over something like this.

No. it's incredibly sad that you feel the need to beat this up, when it's
been put to sleep already.

Learn from your mistake, move on.

--
Peter
Tasmania

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/04/2012 10:33 PM, I'm back on the laptop wrote:
> > wrote in news:4f7d3c8f$0
> :
>
>> On 4/4/2012 10:26 PM, I'm back on the laptop wrote:
>>
>> <snipped>
>>
>> It's incredibly sad that you feel the need to defend yourself so
>> vehemently over something like this.
>>

> No. it's incredibly sad that you feel the need to beat this up, when it's
> been put to sleep already.
>
> Learn from your mistake, move on.

No Petey, the mistake was yours. Get over it. The only mistake anyone
else ever made here was thinking you weren't a sandwich short of a
picnic. I personally think you have a few kangaroos loose in your top
paddock!

--

Krypsis
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/5/2012 6:33 AM, I'm back on the laptop wrote:
> > wrote in news:4f7d3c8f$0
> :
>
>> On 4/4/2012 10:26 PM, I'm back on the laptop wrote:
>>
>> <snipped>
>>
>> It's incredibly sad that you feel the need to defend yourself so
>> vehemently over something like this.
>>

> No. it's incredibly sad that you feel the need to beat this up, when it's
> been put to sleep already.
>
> Learn from your mistake, move on.

LOLOL!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"I'm back on the laptop" > wrote:

> Pennyaline > wrote in news:4f7d3c8f$0
> :
>
> > On 4/4/2012 10:26 PM, I'm back on the laptop wrote:
> >
> > <snipped>
> >
> > It's incredibly sad that you feel the need to defend yourself so
> > vehemently over something like this.
> >

> No. it's incredibly sad that you feel the need to beat this up, when it's
> been put to sleep already.
>
> Learn from your mistake, move on.

What mistake? If you post a PIC of something that looks decent - you
didn't cook it. You'll never learn to cook 'cause you have a lot way too
much slack between your ears.

BULL
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Pennyaline > wrote in
:

> On 4/5/2012 6:33 AM, I'm back on the laptop wrote:
>> > wrote in
>> news:4f7d3c8f$0 :
>>
>>> On 4/4/2012 10:26 PM, I'm back on the laptop wrote:
>>>
>>> <snipped>
>>>
>>> It's incredibly sad that you feel the need to defend yourself so
>>> vehemently over something like this.
>>>

>> No. it's incredibly sad that you feel the need to beat this up, when
>> it's been put to sleep already.
>>
>> Learn from your mistake, move on.

> LOLOL!!

Embarrassed laughter, after being shown that you are clearly in the wrong.

Too bad you're not mature enough to admit it.

--
Peter
Tasmania