Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Happy new year with gonzo dessert recipe

krom > wrote:
: yum!

: i am experimenting with making cocoanut macaroons today.

: if they are edible i will post the recipe..lol

: KROM

Jennifer had a g reat recipe for macaroons made with Splenda that I just
loved. I think I lost the recipe when I got my Mac and lost many recipes
in the transfer. If anyone has tht recipe, coul dyu send it? I was
surprised that it worked without the sugar to help strengthen the
eggwhites. I wonder if you coul duse them to make a pavlova for
all our oz friends. I know tht AlanS has missed that dessert.

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

W. Baker wrote:
> krom > wrote:
>> yum!

>> i am experimenting with making cocoanut macaroons today.

>> if they are edible i will post the recipe..lol

>> KROM

> Jennifer had a g reat recipe for macaroons made with Splenda that I
> just loved. I think I lost the recipe when I got my Mac and lost
> many recipes in the transfer. If anyone has tht recipe, coul dyu
> send it? I was surprised that it worked without the sugar to help
> strengthen the eggwhites. I wonder if you coul duse them to make a
> pavlova for all our oz friends. I know tht AlanS has missed that
> dessert.

Here's Peter Romfh's lower carb pav. I sure miss Peter's postings!

http://www.bigoven.com/163244-Low-Ca...va-recipe.html

Here are some of Jenny's (not Jennifer) low carb recipes including
macaroons.

http://www.phlaunt.com/lowcarb/19060001.php

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

My macaroons were simple..3 beaten whites with liquid splenda and vanillia
and tols and one and a half cup coconut.

The taste was perfect but the texture was dry.they sorta melted in your moth
rather then chewy as i like..the sugar makes them sticky and i like
that...im thinking maybe if i use coconut cream or somthing to make the
bater wet it would be better..

these were ok..the experiment goes on..lol

KROM