Old 18-11-2008, 07:04 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Anyone seen turkey legs?

I need to get some for my husband. It's the only part he really likes,
although he will sometimes eat deli sliced turkey on a sandwich. I checked
at Costco thinking they would be cheaper there and they had none. Then I
checked at Safeway. They had all the other parts, but no legs. I checked
Albertson's online and didn't see any listed. It's possible they have some
in the store though. I hope they are not in short supply this year.
Although now that I think of it, that's a totally stupid thing to say. I am
picturing legless turkeys hopping around. They have to get those breasts
and thighs from somewhere!

Old 18-11-2008, 03:46 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" wrote in message
I need to get some for my husband. It's the only part he really likes,
although he will sometimes eat deli sliced turkey on a sandwich. I checked
at Costco thinking they would be cheaper there and they had none. Then I
checked at Safeway. They had all the other parts, but no legs. I checked
Albertson's online and didn't see any listed. It's possible they have some
in the store though. I hope they are not in short supply this year.
Although now that I think of it, that's a totally stupid thing to say. I
am picturing legless turkeys hopping around. They have to get those
breasts and thighs from somewhere!

Ha ha! anyway, I usually see smoked turkey legs in the deli. Don't know if
they do that at all stores, but they are popular here. And no mess, since
they are already cooked.

Old 18-11-2008, 04:25 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"DLynch" wrote in message
. ..

"Julie Bove" wrote in message
I need to get some for my husband. It's the only part he really likes,
although he will sometimes eat deli sliced turkey on a sandwich. I
checked at Costco thinking they would be cheaper there and they had none.
Then I checked at Safeway. They had all the other parts, but no legs. I
checked Albertson's online and didn't see any listed. It's possible they
have some in the store though. I hope they are not in short supply this
year. Although now that I think of it, that's a totally stupid thing to
say. I am picturing legless turkeys hopping around. They have to get
those breasts and thighs from somewhere!

Ha ha! anyway, I usually see smoked turkey legs in the deli. Don't know
if they do that at all stores, but they are popular here. And no mess,
since they are already cooked.

Oh yes! I remember seeing those at Central Market in a weird place. I
didn't know if you had to cook them or what. I'll get those if I can't find
any raw ones.

Turkey Legs Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 280 21-11-2011 09:30 PM
Turkey Legs Skylamar General Cooking 24 23-02-2011 05:50 AM
Turkey Legs Anonymous[_15_] Barbecue 1 08-05-2007 10:14 PM
Turkey legs p-nut Barbecue 9 30-06-2005 07:03 PM
turkey legs aem General Cooking 14 04-03-2005 04:13 PM