FoodBanter.com

-   -   Anyone seen turkey legs? (https://www.foodbanter.com/diabetic/164137-anyone-seen-turkey-legs.html)

Julie Bove 18-11-2008 07:04 AM

Anyone seen turkey legs?

I need to get some for my husband. It's the only part he really likes,
although he will sometimes eat deli sliced turkey on a sandwich. I checked
at Costco thinking they would be cheaper there and they had none. Then I
checked at Safeway. They had all the other parts, but no legs. I checked
Albertson's online and didn't see any listed. It's possible they have some
in the store though. I hope they are not in short supply this year.
Although now that I think of it, that's a totally stupid thing to say. I am
picturing legless turkeys hopping around. They have to get those breasts
and thighs from somewhere!

DLynch 18-11-2008 03:46 PM

Anyone seen turkey legs?

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>I need to get some for my husband. It's the only part he really likes,
>although he will sometimes eat deli sliced turkey on a sandwich. I checked
>at Costco thinking they would be cheaper there and they had none. Then I
>checked at Safeway. They had all the other parts, but no legs. I checked
>Albertson's online and didn't see any listed. It's possible they have some
>in the store though. I hope they are not in short supply this year.
>Although now that I think of it, that's a totally stupid thing to say. I
>am picturing legless turkeys hopping around. They have to get those
>breasts and thighs from somewhere!

Ha ha! anyway, I usually see smoked turkey legs in the deli. Don't know if
they do that at all stores, but they are popular here. And no mess, since
they are already cooked.

Julie Bove 18-11-2008 04:25 PM

Anyone seen turkey legs?

"DLynch" > wrote in message
. ..

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>I need to get some for my husband. It's the only part he really likes,
>>although he will sometimes eat deli sliced turkey on a sandwich. I
>>checked at Costco thinking they would be cheaper there and they had none.
>>Then I checked at Safeway. They had all the other parts, but no legs. I
>>checked Albertson's online and didn't see any listed. It's possible they
>>have some in the store though. I hope they are not in short supply this
>>year. Although now that I think of it, that's a totally stupid thing to
>>say. I am picturing legless turkeys hopping around. They have to get
>>those breasts and thighs from somewhere!

> Ha ha! anyway, I usually see smoked turkey legs in the deli. Don't know
> if they do that at all stores, but they are popular here. And no mess,
> since they are already cooked.

Oh yes! I remember seeing those at Central Market in a weird place. I
didn't know if you had to cook them or what. I'll get those if I can't find
any raw ones.