Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Decent breakfast cereal

Came across this the other day - delicious, healthy, zero spike... the
only drawback is that the rest of the family think it's good too... I
might need to cook it in industrial quantities soon, the quantities
given here are lasting about 4 days!
http://vikkiskitchn.spaces.live.com/...F53B!504.entry

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.4% BMI 25
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nicky wrote in message ...
>Came across this the other day - delicious, healthy, zero spike...

the
>only drawback is that the rest of the family think it's good too... I
>might need to cook it in industrial quantities soon, the quantities
>given here are lasting about 4 days!
>http://vikkiskitchn.spaces.live.com/...DAF53B!504.ent

ry

>Nicky.
>T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
>D&E, 100ug thyroxine
>Last A1c 5.4% BMI 25

This sounds really good. Thanks for the link.

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nicky" > wrote in message
> Came across this the other day - delicious, healthy, zero spike... the
> only drawback is that the rest of the family think it's good too... I
> might need to cook it in industrial quantities soon, the quantities
> given here are lasting about 4 days!
> http://vikkiskitchn.spaces.live.com/...F53B!504.entry

How much sesame seeds do you use? It says 2/2.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sat, 5 Jul 2008 09:42:18 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Nicky" > wrote in message
.. .
>> Came across this the other day - delicious, healthy, zero spike... the
>> only drawback is that the rest of the family think it's good too... I
>> might need to cook it in industrial quantities soon, the quantities
>> given here are lasting about 4 days!
>> http://vikkiskitchn.spaces.live.com/...F53B!504.entry

>How much sesame seeds do you use? It says 2/2.

1/2 cup.

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.4% BMI 25
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nicky" > wrote in message
news
> On Sat, 5 Jul 2008 09:42:18 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Nicky" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> Came across this the other day - delicious, healthy, zero spike... the
>>> only drawback is that the rest of the family think it's good too... I
>>> might need to cook it in industrial quantities soon, the quantities
>>> given here are lasting about 4 days!
>>> http://vikkiskitchn.spaces.live.com/...F53B!504.entry

>>How much sesame seeds do you use? It says 2/2.

> 1/2 cup.

Thanks.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 5 Jul, 04:39, Nicky > wrote:
> Came across this the other day - delicious, healthy, zero spike... the
> only drawback is that the rest of the family think it's good too... I
> might need to cook it in industrial quantities soon, the quantities
> given here are lasting about 4 days!http://vikkiskitchn.spaces.live.com/...4F22B307DAF53B!
> Last A1c 5.4% *BMI 25

I'm glad you like it. Patty and I chatted back and forth both making
it different ways, then we combined the best of what we came up with.
We've even made it with parmesan and cayanne pepper for a savory nosh
that's portable. Thanks for posting my link.
Vikki

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nicky wrote:
> Came across this the other day - delicious, healthy, zero spike... the
> only drawback is that the rest of the family think it's good too... I
> might need to cook it in industrial quantities soon, the quantities
> given here are lasting about 4 days!
> http://vikkiskitchn.spaces.live.com/...F53B!504.entry

I have no idea what this is. What is the "S/F" and what are the
ingredients in the syrup.

* 1 cup S/F flavored syrup such as DaVinci's

(- -)
=m=(_)=m=
RodS T2
Australia

> Nicky.
> T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
> D&E, 100ug thyroxine
> Last A1c 5.4% BMI 25

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"RodS" > wrote in message
> Nicky wrote:
>> Came across this the other day - delicious, healthy, zero spike... the
>> only drawback is that the rest of the family think it's good too... I
>> might need to cook it in industrial quantities soon, the quantities
>> given here are lasting about 4 days!
>> http://vikkiskitchn.spaces.live.com/...F53B!504.entry
>>

> I have no idea what this is. What is the "S/F" and what are the
> ingredients in the syrup.
>
> * 1 cup S/F flavored syrup such as DaVinci's
>
> (- -)
> =m=(_)=m=
> RodS T2
> Australia
>
>> Nicky.
>> T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
>> D&E, 100ug thyroxine
>> Last A1c 5.4% BMI 25

I suspect sugar free.

http://www.davincigourmet.com/for_yo...why_choose_us/

http://www.davincigourmet.com/produc...avored_syrups/

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"RodS" > wrote in message
> Nicky wrote:
>> Came across this the other day - delicious, healthy, zero spike... the
>> only drawback is that the rest of the family think it's good too... I
>> might need to cook it in industrial quantities soon, the quantities
>> given here are lasting about 4 days!
>> http://vikkiskitchn.spaces.live.com/...F53B!504.entry
>>

> I have no idea what this is. What is the "S/F" and what are the
> ingredients in the syrup.
>
> * 1 cup S/F flavored syrup such as DaVinci's

Sugar Free Syrup. I think DaVinci's is Splenda, flavoring and water.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

(- -)
=m=(_)=m=
RodS T2
Australia

Robert Miles wrote:
> "RodS" > wrote in message
>> Nicky wrote:
>>> Came across this the other day - delicious, healthy, zero spike... the
>>> only drawback is that the rest of the family think it's good too... I
>>> might need to cook it in industrial quantities soon, the quantities
>>> given here are lasting about 4 days!
>>> http://vikkiskitchn.spaces.live.com/...F53B!504.entry
>>>

>> I have no idea what this is. What is the "S/F" and what are the
>> ingredients in the syrup.
>>
>> * 1 cup S/F flavored syrup such as DaVinci's
>>
>> (- -)
>> =m=(_)=m=
>> RodS T2
>> Australia
>>
>>> Nicky.
>>> T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
>>> D&E, 100ug thyroxine
>>> Last A1c 5.4% BMI 25

> I suspect sugar free.

Thanks, I must start reading NG's later in the day after my brain starts
working. :-)

RodS

> http://www.davincigourmet.com/for_yo...why_choose_us/
>
> http://www.davincigourmet.com/produc...avored_syrups/

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sat, 5 Jul 2008 19:44:51 -0700 (PDT), Vikki_472 >
wrote:

>I'm glad you like it. Patty and I chatted back and forth both making
>it different ways, then we combined the best of what we came up with.
>We've even made it with parmesan and cayanne pepper for a savory nosh
>that's portable. Thanks for posting my link.

Mmmm - trail mix buttons! Good idea!

I'm working my way through quite a few of your recipes and enjoying
them. That cereal recipe was extra brilliant! My youngest, who's
dyslexic, really appreciates your photo instructions, too.

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.4% BMI 25
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "RodS" > wrote in message
>> Nicky wrote:
>>> Came across this the other day - delicious, healthy, zero spike... the
>>> only drawback is that the rest of the family think it's good too... I
>>> might need to cook it in industrial quantities soon, the quantities
>>> given here are lasting about 4 days!
>>> http://vikkiskitchn.spaces.live.com/...F53B!504.entry
>>>

>> I have no idea what this is. What is the "S/F" and what are the
>> ingredients in the syrup.
>>
>> * 1 cup S/F flavored syrup such as DaVinci's

> Sugar Free Syrup. I think DaVinci's is Splenda, flavoring and water.

Note that DaVinci's also comes in varieties with sugar.