Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Numbers Plunge!

Ok, they didn't plunge. They went down, though. A1c 5.9 - lowest so far.
All the other stuff much better this time, too. I told him I didn't take the
Antara (expensive pill he gave me last time). He said never mind, I don't
need, it now. I asked him if I should train for the Olympics. He muttered
something I didn't quite catch.

Weight down to 169 - probably because of today's fantastic bowel movement...
one of those great ones you really enjoy (maybe you didn't wanna know that).
But I've shrunk to 5' 10" (I'm a dwarf).

I'm thinkin' Baby Back Ribs for midnight grill, tonight. Don't be late. I
wish the girls would go visit their mother again. I wanna grill naked.

John

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Johnnie McCoy" > wrote in message
> Ok, they didn't plunge. They went down, though. A1c 5.9 - lowest so far.
> All the other stuff much better this time, too. I told him I didn't take
> the Antara (expensive pill he gave me last time). He said never mind, I
> don't need, it now. I asked him if I should train for the Olympics. He
> muttered something I didn't quite catch.
>
> Weight down to 169 - probably because of today's fantastic bowel
> movement... one of those great ones you really enjoy (maybe you didn't
> wanna know that). But I've shrunk to 5' 10" (I'm a dwarf).
>
> I'm thinkin' Baby Back Ribs for midnight grill, tonight. Don't be late. I
> wish the girls would go visit their mother again. I wanna grill naked.
>
> John

Sorry... this post was supposed to go in in alt.support.diabetes. (course,
they wouldn't give a damn, either)

John again

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Johnnie McCoy wrote:

> "Johnnie McCoy" > wrote in message
>> Ok, they didn't plunge. They went down, though. A1c 5.9 - lowest so
>> far. All the other stuff much better this time, too. I told him I
>> didn't take the Antara (expensive pill he gave me last time). He said
>> never mind, I don't need, it now. I asked him if I should train for
>> the Olympics. He muttered something I didn't quite catch.
>>
>> Weight down to 169 - probably because of today's fantastic bowel
>> movement... one of those great ones you really enjoy (maybe you didn't
>> wanna know that). But I've shrunk to 5' 10" (I'm a dwarf).
>>
>> I'm thinkin' Baby Back Ribs for midnight grill, tonight. Don't be
>> late. I wish the girls would go visit their mother again. I wanna
>> grill naked.
>>
>> John
>>

> Sorry... this post was supposed to go in in alt.support.diabetes.
> (course, they wouldn't give a damn, either)
>
> John again

bwha ha ha ha

so, why isn't it over there?
oh, i better download the ng's it's been a while and it's probably there
already

--
kate
type 1 since 1987
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Johnnie McCoy wrote:
> "Johnnie McCoy" > wrote in message
>> Ok, they didn't plunge. They went down, though. A1c 5.9 - lowest so
>> far. All the other stuff much better this time, too. I told him I
>> didn't take the Antara (expensive pill he gave me last time). He
>> said never mind, I don't need, it now. I asked him if I should train
>> for the Olympics. He muttered something I didn't quite catch.
>>
>> Weight down to 169 - probably because of today's fantastic bowel
>> movement... one of those great ones you really enjoy (maybe you
>> didn't wanna know that). But I've shrunk to 5' 10" (I'm a dwarf).
>>
>> I'm thinkin' Baby Back Ribs for midnight grill, tonight. Don't be
>> late. I wish the girls would go visit their mother again. I wanna
>> grill naked. John
>>

> Sorry... this post was supposed to go in in alt.support.diabetes.
> (course, they wouldn't give a damn, either)

lol

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I just had my first A1C.

Dr. Bloodbath said it was 5.9.

I have no idea what the number represents, but he seemed pleased and a
little shocked.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Miss Anne Thrope wrote:
> I just had my first A1C.
>
> Dr. Bloodbath said it was 5.9.
>
> I have no idea what the number represents, but he seemed pleased and a
> little shocked.

5.9 IS EQUIVALENT TO 100.3

It is the meter system. We use it in Canada
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Tue, 03 Jun 2008 19:44:39 -0400, Ben Koski
> wrote:

>Miss Anne Thrope wrote:
>> I just had my first A1C.
>>
>> Dr. Bloodbath said it was 5.9.
>>
>> I have no idea what the number represents, but he seemed pleased and a
>> little shocked.
>>

>5.9 IS EQUIVALENT TO 100.3
>
>It is the meter system. We use it in Canada

Actually, it isn't. We also use mmol/l in Australia.

A1c is not blood glucose, and a BG reading of 5.9 mmol/l is
actually closer to a mg/dl reading of 106.

Personally, I don't agree with the common practice of trying
to relate A1c to a blood glucose average. But, if you must,
the widget Jenny just listed on her blog is one of the
better ones: http://www.widgetbox.com/widget/a1c-converter

That gives:
A1c 5.9 %
Average Blood Glucose in mg/dl 123 mg/dl
Average Blood Glucose in mmol/L 6.8 mmol/L

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
--
d&e, metformin 1500mg, ezetrol 10mg
http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Miss Anne Thrope wrote:
> I just had my first A1C.
>
> Dr. Bloodbath said it was 5.9.
>
> I have no idea what the number represents, but he seemed pleased and a
> little shocked.

Excellent, a little room to improve but you are doing well. What was your bg
when diagnosed?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
Ben Koski > wrote:

> Miss Anne Thrope wrote:
> > I just had my first A1C.
> >
> > Dr. Bloodbath said it was 5.9.
> >
> > I have no idea what the number represents, but he seemed pleased and a
> > little shocked.
> >

> 5.9 IS EQUIVALENT TO 100.3
>
> It is the meter system. We use it in Canada

No, you're confusing it with a 5.9 BG reading. A1c translates (roughly)
to an average BG over the past 3 months, heavily weighted to the latest
weeks. 5.9 A1c translates to average 133 or 7.4 BG.

Priscilla