fg

Default froth milk in press/plunge pot?

I bought a moka pot today to make "the poor mans pseudo expresso". And we
have a stainless steel milk frothing pitcher (like a press pot with a
strainer on a central shaft) to froth up heated milk to try & make latte or
au lait or cappuccino.....any tips on how to do the milk (temp etc)
appreciated. I read somewhere (on a ng) that adding a tablespoon of
powdered skim milk helps ?

thanks

Richard Wakeford

> I bought a moka pot today to make "the poor mans pseudo expresso". And
> we
> have a stainless steel milk frothing pitcher (like a press pot with a
> strainer on a central shaft) to froth up heated milk to try & make
> latte or
> au lait or cappuccino.....any tips on how to do the milk (temp etc)
> appreciated. I read somewhere (on a ng) that adding a tablespoon of
> powdered skim milk helps ?

Well, I bought one recently too but mine is glass so I can use it in
the microwave which makes things easy. I find that I need 40 seconds to
heat the milk which provides a good froth. I then put it back into the
microwave and reheat for 20 seconds which makes the foam increase nicely
and adds to the heat of the coffee.

I realise that this will not be much help to you as you can't put your pot
in the microwave.

Richard
Richard Wakeford

Numbers Plunge! Johnnie McCoy Diabetic 8 04-06-2008 04:35 PM
Took the plunge, now need input Nyssa Preserving 2 02-06-2005 08:41 PM
WSM, ok so I finally took the plunge! Steve Calvin Barbecue 18 31-08-2004 05:14 PM
Well, I took the plunge barooo Barbecue 13 03-02-2004 06:59 PM
frothing milk with plunge/press pot ? fg General Cooking 1 19-11-2003 07:33 PM