Steve Calvin

Default WSM, ok so I finally took the plunge!

I finally broke down and ordered a WSM from the Yahoo sale before it
ends next week. (Yes, I went through
http://www.rbjb.com/rbjb/rbjbboard/ ) And I did enter the AUGUSTPROMOS
promotion code for the twenty-five bucks off.

I FINALLY realized that while my Weber Silver B is a very good grill
for grilling and I *can* do low and slow on it, it's just not what it
was meant to do and it just get grease build up everywhere. Then when
I want to grill on high for steaks or something, I've got a real fire
pit on my hands. Not a real good thing.

I've had enough and come to the realization that you guys are right!
Use the right tool for the right job, period!

So, I'm gonna clean out my W. grill, get new flavorizer bars and
grates to replace the ones that I've screwed up. Set the WSM right
beside it and to both at the same flippin' time if I wanna. No, it's
not one of the "big names" like the BGE, or K's but hey, it's a start.

THANKS guys for helping me see the light! (of course, now I need to
start searching for all of the "mods", "where to get lump" posts, and
back to the FAQ ;-) )

Thanks again for converting me.

--
Steve

Love may be blind but marriage is a real eye-opener.

Nathan Lau

Steve Calvin wrote:

> I finally broke down and ordered a WSM from the Yahoo sale before it
> ends next week. (Yes, I went through http://www.rbjb.com/rbjb/rbjbboard/
> ) And I did enter the AUGUSTPROMOS
> promotion code for the twenty-five bucks off.
>
> I FINALLY realized that while my Weber Silver B is a very good grill for
> grilling and I *can* do low and slow on it, it's just not what it was
> meant to do and it just get grease build up everywhere. Then when I want
> to grill on high for steaks or something, I've got a real fire pit on my
> hands. Not a real good thing.
>
> I've had enough and come to the realization that you guys are right! Use
> the right tool for the right job, period!
>
> So, I'm gonna clean out my W. grill, get new flavorizer bars and grates
> to replace the ones that I've screwed up. Set the WSM right beside it
> and to both at the same flippin' time if I wanna. No, it's not one of
> the "big names" like the BGE, or K's but hey, it's a start.
>
> THANKS guys for helping me see the light! (of course, now I need to
> start searching for all of the "mods", "where to get lump" posts, and
> back to the FAQ ;-) )
>
> Thanks again for converting me.

Hallelujah, another one saved from the pits!

--
Aloha,

Nathan Lau
San Jose, CA

#include <std.disclaimer>
Nathan Lau

Steve Calvin wrote:

> I finally broke down and ordered a WSM from the Yahoo sale before it
> ends next week. (Yes, I went through http://www.rbjb.com/rbjb/rbjbboard/
> ) And I did enter the AUGUSTPROMOS
> promotion code for the twenty-five bucks off.
>
> I FINALLY realized that while my Weber Silver B is a very good grill for
> grilling and I *can* do low and slow on it, it's just not what it was
> meant to do and it just get grease build up everywhere. Then when I want
> to grill on high for steaks or something, I've got a real fire pit on my
> hands. Not a real good thing.
>
> I've had enough and come to the realization that you guys are right! Use
> the right tool for the right job, period!
>
> So, I'm gonna clean out my W. grill, get new flavorizer bars and grates
> to replace the ones that I've screwed up. Set the WSM right beside it
> and to both at the same flippin' time if I wanna. No, it's not one of
> the "big names" like the BGE, or K's but hey, it's a start.
>
> THANKS guys for helping me see the light! (of course, now I need to
> start searching for all of the "mods", "where to get lump" posts, and
> back to the FAQ ;-) )
>
> Thanks again for converting me.

Hallelujah, another one saved from the pits!

--
Aloha,

Nathan Lau
San Jose, CA

#include <std.disclaimer>
Kent H.

You should get the 22" Weber Performer alongside; then you'll have a
trio. It's the best for any high heat grill, like steaks. Use the
silver B for fish, and chickens, etc. I like both, but you need both.
I'm on the verge of plunging for the WSM myself.
Kent

Steve Calvin wrote:

> I finally broke down and ordered a WSM from the Yahoo sale before it
> ends next week. (Yes, I went through
> http://www.rbjb.com/rbjb/rbjbboard/ ) And I did enter the AUGUSTPROMOS
> promotion code for the twenty-five bucks off.
>
> I FINALLY realized that while my Weber Silver B is a very good grill
> for grilling and I *can* do low and slow on it, it's just not what it
> was meant to do and it just get grease build up everywhere. Then when
> I want to grill on high for steaks or something, I've got a real fire
> pit on my hands. Not a real good thing.
>
> I've had enough and come to the realization that you guys are right!
> Use the right tool for the right job, period!
>
> So, I'm gonna clean out my W. grill, get new flavorizer bars and
> grates to replace the ones that I've screwed up. Set the WSM right
> beside it and to both at the same flippin' time if I wanna. No, it's
> not one of the "big names" like the BGE, or K's but hey, it's a start.
>
> THANKS guys for helping me see the light! (of course, now I need to
> start searching for all of the "mods", "where to get lump" posts, and
> back to the FAQ ;-) )
>
> Thanks again for converting me.
>
> --
> Steve
>
> Love may be blind but marriage is a real eye-opener.

Kent H.

Steve Calvin wrote:

> I finally broke down and ordered a WSM from the Yahoo sale before it
> ends next week. (Yes, I went through
> http://www.rbjb.com/rbjb/rbjbboard/ ) And I did enter the AUGUSTPROMOS
> promotion code for the twenty-five bucks off.
>
> I FINALLY realized that while my Weber Silver B is a very good grill
> for grilling and I *can* do low and slow on it, it's just not what it
> was meant to do and it just get grease build up everywhere. Then when
> I want to grill on high for steaks or something, I've got a real fire
> pit on my hands. Not a real good thing.
>
> I've had enough and come to the realization that you guys are right!
> Use the right tool for the right job, period!
>
> So, I'm gonna clean out my W. grill, get new flavorizer bars and
> grates to replace the ones that I've screwed up. Set the WSM right
> beside it and to both at the same flippin' time if I wanna. No, it's
> not one of the "big names" like the BGE, or K's but hey, it's a start.
>
> THANKS guys for helping me see the light! (of course, now I need to
> start searching for all of the "mods", "where to get lump" posts, and
> back to the FAQ ;-) )
>
> Thanks again for converting me.
>
> --
> Steve
>
> Love may be blind but marriage is a real eye-opener.

Tyler Hopper

"Steve Calvin" > wrote in message

> THANKS guys for helping me see the light! (of course, now I need to
> start searching for all of the "mods", "where to get lump" posts, and
> back to the FAQ ;-) )

The WSM needs no "mods". It works perfectly well out of the box.

Only thing I'd suggest is sand or rocks in the water pan instead of water.

_________
ht_redneck

Tyler Hopper

"Steve Calvin" > wrote in message

> THANKS guys for helping me see the light! (of course, now I need to
> start searching for all of the "mods", "where to get lump" posts, and
> back to the FAQ ;-) )

The WSM needs no "mods". It works perfectly well out of the box.

Only thing I'd suggest is sand or rocks in the water pan instead of water.

_________
ht_redneck

Ken Hannan

Try Smart & Final
"Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
>I finally broke down and ordered a WSM from the Yahoo sale before it
> ends next week. (Yes, I went through http://www.rbjb.com/rbjb/rbjbboard/ )
> And I did enter the AUGUSTPROMOS
> promotion code for the twenty-five bucks off.
>
> I FINALLY realized that while my Weber Silver B is a very good grill for
> grilling and I *can* do low and slow on it, it's just not what it was
> meant to do and it just get grease build up everywhere. Then when I want
> to grill on high for steaks or something, I've got a real fire pit on my
> hands. Not a real good thing.
>
> I've had enough and come to the realization that you guys are right! Use
> the right tool for the right job, period!
>
> So, I'm gonna clean out my W. grill, get new flavorizer bars and grates to
> replace the ones that I've screwed up. Set the WSM right beside it and to
> both at the same flippin' time if I wanna. No, it's not one of the "big
> names" like the BGE, or K's but hey, it's a start.
>
> THANKS guys for helping me see the light! (of course, now I need to start
> searching for all of the "mods", "where to get lump" posts, and back to
> the FAQ ;-) )
>
> Thanks again for converting me.
>
> --
> Steve
>
> Love may be blind but marriage is a real eye-opener.

Ken Hannan

Try Smart & Final
"Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
>I finally broke down and ordered a WSM from the Yahoo sale before it
> ends next week. (Yes, I went through http://www.rbjb.com/rbjb/rbjbboard/ )
> And I did enter the AUGUSTPROMOS
> promotion code for the twenty-five bucks off.
>
> I FINALLY realized that while my Weber Silver B is a very good grill for
> grilling and I *can* do low and slow on it, it's just not what it was
> meant to do and it just get grease build up everywhere. Then when I want
> to grill on high for steaks or something, I've got a real fire pit on my
> hands. Not a real good thing.
>
> I've had enough and come to the realization that you guys are right! Use
> the right tool for the right job, period!
>
> So, I'm gonna clean out my W. grill, get new flavorizer bars and grates to
> replace the ones that I've screwed up. Set the WSM right beside it and to
> both at the same flippin' time if I wanna. No, it's not one of the "big
> names" like the BGE, or K's but hey, it's a start.
>
> THANKS guys for helping me see the light! (of course, now I need to start
> searching for all of the "mods", "where to get lump" posts, and back to
> the FAQ ;-) )
>
> Thanks again for converting me.
>
> --
> Steve
>
> Love may be blind but marriage is a real eye-opener.

Ken Hannan

Try Smart & Final
"Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
>I finally broke down and ordered a WSM from the Yahoo sale before it
> ends next week. (Yes, I went through http://www.rbjb.com/rbjb/rbjbboard/ )
> And I did enter the AUGUSTPROMOS
> promotion code for the twenty-five bucks off.
>
> I FINALLY realized that while my Weber Silver B is a very good grill for
> grilling and I *can* do low and slow on it, it's just not what it was
> meant to do and it just get grease build up everywhere. Then when I want
> to grill on high for steaks or something, I've got a real fire pit on my
> hands. Not a real good thing.
>
> I've had enough and come to the realization that you guys are right! Use
> the right tool for the right job, period!
>
> So, I'm gonna clean out my W. grill, get new flavorizer bars and grates to
> replace the ones that I've screwed up. Set the WSM right beside it and to
> both at the same flippin' time if I wanna. No, it's not one of the "big
> names" like the BGE, or K's but hey, it's a start.
>
> THANKS guys for helping me see the light! (of course, now I need to start
> searching for all of the "mods", "where to get lump" posts, and back to
> the FAQ ;-) )
>
> Thanks again for converting me.
>
> --
> Steve
>
> Love may be blind but marriage is a real eye-opener.

BOB

Hey, is this a better price for a WSM?

http://www.rbjb.com/rbjb/rbjbboard/messages/339763.html

BOB

BOB

Hey, is this a better price for a WSM?

http://www.rbjb.com/rbjb/rbjbboard/messages/339763.html

BOB

BigDog

BOB wrote in alt.food.barbecue

> http://www.rbjb.com/rbjb/rbjbboard/messages/339763.html

damn...

--
BigDog
To E-mail me, you know what to do.
BigDog

BOB wrote in alt.food.barbecue

> http://www.rbjb.com/rbjb/rbjbboard/messages/339763.html

damn...

--
BigDog
To E-mail me, you know what to do.
Steve Calvin

BigDog wrote:
> BOB wrote in alt.food.barbecue
>

>>http://www.rbjb.com/rbjb/rbjbboard/messages/339763.html

> damn...

That's about $10 cheaper than then one at Amazon. Over there
it's $154. For ten bucks I'm not gonna bother cancelling though.
That would delay the shipping even more. I'll just consider the ten
buck shipping.

(couldn't have posted this last week could ya! Geeze) ;-)

--
Steve

Love may be blind but marriage is a real eye-opener.

Steve Calvin

BigDog wrote:
> BOB wrote in alt.food.barbecue
>

>>http://www.rbjb.com/rbjb/rbjbboard/messages/339763.html

> damn...

That's about $10 cheaper than then one at Amazon. Over there
it's $154. For ten bucks I'm not gonna bother cancelling though.
That would delay the shipping even more. I'll just consider the ten
buck shipping.

(couldn't have posted this last week could ya! Geeze) ;-)

--
Steve

Love may be blind but marriage is a real eye-opener.

BOB

Steve Calvin wrote:
> BigDog wrote:
>> BOB wrote in alt.food.barbecue
>>

>>> http://www.rbjb.com/rbjb/rbjbboard/messages/339763.html

>> damn...
>>

> That's about $10 cheaper than then one at Amazon. Over there
> it's $154. For ten bucks I'm not gonna bother cancelling though.
> That would delay the shipping even more. I'll just consider the ten
> buck shipping.
>
> (couldn't have posted this last week could ya! Geeze) ;-)

LOL (just found it about 5 minutes before I posted it)

BOB

> --
> Steve
>
> Love may be blind but marriage is a real eye-opener.

Kevin S. Wilson

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 17:24:56 GMT, "Ken Hannan" >
wrote:

>Try Smart & Final

<snip 34 lines of quoted text>

Try finding your delete key and using it, top-poster.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
Kevin S. Wilson

Numbers Plunge! Johnnie McCoy Diabetic 8 04-06-2008 04:35 PM
Took the plunge, now need input Nyssa Preserving 2 02-06-2005 08:41 PM
Well, I took the plunge barooo Barbecue 13 03-02-2004 06:59 PM
froth milk in press/plunge pot? fg Coffee 2 16-01-2004 09:55 AM
frothing milk with plunge/press pot ? fg General Cooking 1 19-11-2003 07:33 PM