Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default A low-carb recipe from ADA

For a low-carb recipe for marinated lamb chops from ADA, see:

<http://www.diabetes.org/recipeoftheday.jsp?WTLPromo=HOME_rotd&vms=26293622 7071>

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Thu, 1 May 2008 06:53:40 -0500, "Robert Miles"
> wrote:

>For a low-carb recipe for marinated lamb chops from ADA, see:
>
><http://www.diabetes.org/recipeoftheday.jsp?WTLPromo=HOME_rotd&vms=26293622 7071>

Wow! That is a vast improvement on their usual offerings.

I liked this statement in the text below as well:

"A key message for people with diabetes is "Carbs Count."
Foods high in carbs (carbohydrates) -- bread, tortillas,
rice, crackers, cereal, fruit, juice, milk, yogurt,
potatoes, corn, peas, sweets -- raise your blood glucose
levels the most."

Unfortunately, they don't seem to see the contradiction in
the sentence that follows it:

"For many people, having 3 or 4 servings of a carb choice at
each meal and 1 or 2 servings at snacks is about right."

But at least we are starting to see some tentative signs of
possible change.

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
d&e, metformin 1500mg, ezetrol 10mg
http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com
Latest:Is Testing Worthwhile?
and Cambodia
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com/2008/03/cambodia.html
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Robert Miles > wrote:
: For a low-carb recipe for marinated lamb chops from ADA, see:

: <http://www.diabetes.org/recipeoftheday.jsp?WTLPromo=HOME_rotd&vms=26293622 7071>
I don't know, but if I coule afford lamb chops I would have no worry abou
carb count as I like those babies just grilled or broiled wih just some
salt and pepper. i woul dhate to do anything to ruin their lovely natral
taste!!! At $25 a pound(Not a kilo) at my local butcher, I won't be
buying them adn Iwwouldn't llok for anyting fance to do with them.

Wendy-who just loves lammb chops, but only sees them in the meat case thse
days:-(

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Thu, 1 May 2008 19:27:43 +0000 (UTC), "W. Baker"
> wrote:

>Robert Miles > wrote:
>: For a low-carb recipe for marinated lamb chops from ADA, see:
>
>: <http://www.diabetes.org/recipeoftheday.jsp?WTLPromo=HOME_rotd&vms=26293622 7071>
>I don't know, but if I coule afford lamb chops I would have no worry abou
>carb count as I like those babies just grilled or broiled wih just some
>salt and pepper. i woul dhate to do anything to ruin their lovely natral
>taste!!! At $25 a pound(Not a kilo) at my local butcher, I won't be
>buying them adn Iwwouldn't llok for anyting fance to do with them.
>
>Wendy-who just loves lammb chops, but only sees them in the meat case thse
>days:-(

Wow!

I was impressed while wandering around the US at how cheap
your meats were - but I must have missed that one. Or is it
just NYC?

I just stocked up on meats when I got home and filled the
freezer. Lamb chops in bulk at AU$10.00/kg(US$4.30/lb), a
whole rump (flank beef) that I sliced myself into steaks and
casserole chunks at AU$6.00/Kg(US$2.60/lb), mid-loin pork
chops with fillet at AU$10/Kg. I saw cheaper prices for the
beef and pork in Dallas.

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
d&e, metformin 1500mg, ezetrol 10mg
http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com
Latest:Is Testing Worthwhile?
and Cambodia
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com/2008/03/cambodia.html
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

: > wrote:

: >Robert Miles > wrote:
: >: For a low-carb recipe for marinated lamb chops from ADA, see:
: >

:
: I was impressed while wandering around the US at how cheap
: your meats were - but I must have missed that one. Or is it
: just NYC?

: I just stocked up on meats when I got home and filled the
: freezer. Lamb chops in bulk at AU$10.00/kg(US$4.30/lb), a
: whole rump (flank beef) that I sliced myself into steaks and
: casserole chunks at AU$6.00/Kg(US$2.60/lb), mid-loin pork
: chops with fillet at AU$10/Kg. I saw cheaper prices for the
: beef and pork in Dallas.

I buy kosher meat, which is more expensive everywhere, especially lamb
chops!

Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"W. Baker" > wrote:

> Robert Miles > wrote:
> : For a low-carb recipe for marinated lamb chops from ADA, see:
>
> : <http://www.diabetes.org/recipeofthed...ms=26293622 7
> : 071>
> I don't know, but if I coule afford lamb chops I would have no worry abou
> carb count as I like those babies just grilled or broiled wih just some
> salt and pepper. i woul dhate to do anything to ruin their lovely natral
> taste!!! At $25 a pound(Not a kilo) at my local butcher, I won't be
> buying them adn Iwwouldn't llok for anyting fance to do with them.
>
> Wendy-who just loves lammb chops, but only sees them in the meat case thse
> days:-(

I think I've eaten loin lamb chops once in my life. I love blade or
shoulder lamb chops.

Priscilla
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Priscilla H. Ballou > wrote:
: In article >,
: "W. Baker" > wrote:

: > Robert Miles > wrote:
: > : For a low-carb recipe for marinated lamb chops from ADA, see:
: >
: > : <http://www.diabetes.org/recipeofthed...ms=26293622 7
: > : 071>
: > I don't know, but if I coule afford lamb chops I would have no worry abou
: > carb count as I like those babies just grilled or broiled wih just some
: > salt and pepper. i woul dhate to do anything to ruin their lovely natral
: > taste!!! At $25 a pound(Not a kilo) at my local butcher, I won't be
: > buying them adn Iwwouldn't llok for anyting fance to do with them.
: >
: > Wendy-who just loves lammb chops, but only sees them in the meat case thse
: > days:-(

: I think I've eaten loin lamb chops once in my life. I love blade or
: shoulder lamb chops.

: Priscilla

So do I. They used to be reasonable, even in he kosher market, but have
now gone up alot. I have ben geting quite lean, boneless lamb for sewing
so have been making lamb sew, which I also love, but tht is not lamb
chops:-(

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Robert Miles wrote:
> For a low-carb recipe for marinated lamb chops from ADA, see:
>
> <http://www.diabetes.org/recipeoftheday.jsp?WTLPromo=HOME_rotd&vms=26293622 7071>

It took me to a recipe for chicken breasts.

Even the ADA couldn't load carbs onto a lamb chop......or could they?

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
> Robert Miles wrote:
>> For a low-carb recipe for marinated lamb chops from ADA, see:
>>
>> <http://www.diabetes.org/recipeoftheday.jsp?WTLPromo=HOME_rotd&vms=26293622 7071>
>>

> It took me to a recipe for chicken breasts.
>
> Even the ADA couldn't load carbs onto a lamb chop......or could they?
>
> --
> Janet Wilder
> Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
> Good Friends. Good Life

Apparantly, what recipe it takes you to depends on what day you go there.
When I first went there, it went to a recipe for lamb chops. I don't see a
way to go to the recipes it reached on previous days.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
> Robert Miles wrote:
>> For a low-carb recipe for marinated lamb chops from ADA, see:
>>
>> <http://www.diabetes.org/recipeoftheday.jsp?WTLPromo=HOME_rotd&vms=26293622 7071>
>>

> It took me to a recipe for chicken breasts.
>
> Even the ADA couldn't load carbs onto a lamb chop......or could they?

They could bread it!

We have a grocery store near here that sells some prepared foods and they
are good to list all the ingredients. One thing I could get that Angela
wasn't allergic to was lamb shish kebabs for a whopping $4 per kebab. It's
one of those gourmet places that sells mainly organic food. I didn't mind
paying the price every once in a while because it was a quick meal I could
get for her that I didn't have to cook. They also sell rosemary and olive
oil roasted potatoes, plain rice, balsamic vinaigrette potato salad and have
a nice salad bar. Anyway...

One day as she was eating her kebab, she stopped mid bite and said with an
odd look on her face, "When they say lamb, do they mean...?"

I said, "Yes, it came from a lamb."

She dropped the kebab, started crying and said, "I can't eat a cut little
lambie!"

About a year went by when she spied them in the store and asked me why I
never bought them for her any more. Now she is back to eating them.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Fri, 02 May 2008 21:17:08 -0500, Janet Wilder
> wrote:

>Robert Miles wrote:
>> For a low-carb recipe for marinated lamb chops from ADA, see:
>>
>> <http://www.diabetes.org/recipeoftheday.jsp?WTLPromo=HOME_rotd&vms=26293622 7071>
>>

>It took me to a recipe for chicken breasts.
>
>Even the ADA couldn't load carbs onto a lamb chop......or could they?

Probably. If KFC can put enough on two pieces of chicken to
give me a 14(250) (back in my early days) then I'm sure they
can design some crumbed cutlets or chops to do the same.

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
d&e, metformin 1500mg, ezetrol 10mg
http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com
Latest:Is Testing Worthwhile?
and Cambodia
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com/2008/03/cambodia.html
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sat, 03 May 2008 04:30:46 GMT, "Julie Bove" >
wrote:

>One day as she was eating her kebab, she stopped mid bite and said with an
>odd look on her face, "When they say lamb, do they mean...?"
>
>I said, "Yes, it came from a lamb."
>
>She dropped the kebab, started crying and said, "I can't eat a cut little
>lambie!"
>
>About a year went by when she spied them in the store and asked me why I
>never bought them for her any more. Now she is back to eating them.

Mine have always known where their meat comes from. It's not uncommon
for us to go and visit a food animal on the hoof... Last night we had
some pinky-and-perky sausages :P

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.6% BMI 25
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nicky" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 03 May 2008 04:30:46 GMT, "Julie Bove" >
> wrote:
>
>>One day as she was eating her kebab, she stopped mid bite and said with an
>>odd look on her face, "When they say lamb, do they mean...?"
>>
>>I said, "Yes, it came from a lamb."
>>
>>She dropped the kebab, started crying and said, "I can't eat a cut little
>>lambie!"
>>
>>About a year went by when she spied them in the store and asked me why I
>>never bought them for her any more. Now she is back to eating them.
>>

> Mine have always known where their meat comes from. It's not uncommon
> for us to go and visit a food animal on the hoof... Last night we had
> some pinky-and-perky sausages :P

She can never seem to remember. Every once in a while she will ask, "What
am I eating again?" And she often calls meat by the wrong name.

Just the other day we were at the store and she picked up a little package
of something. I can't remember what it was called now, but it was made of
liver and came in a tube. She asked what it was and when I told her, she
squealed and dropped it, shaking her hand off as though she had been holding
poison. So I told her, "Don't go picking stuff up if you don't know what it
is!"

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"W. Baker" > wrote:

> I have been mking lamb sew with the boneless lamb hey have been carrying a
> my butcher(susan0kosher dept at Fairway in Manhattan)

I picked up a boneless leg at the market last week at I think 2.99 a
pound. I will further cut it up into a couple of individual-sized
roasts and some stew meat.

Priscilla