Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Another easy and delicious recipe.

Sounds good and easy Evelyn.

Cheri

Evelyn Ruut wrote in message
>Chicken Cacciatore.
>
>There are many different recipes for this dish, but this one is a

surefire
>winner.
>
>*************
>Chicken parts. I separate the legs and thighs, also cut the breasts

in
>half, separate the wings from the breasts. Lay in a large open

baking
>pan. (some people remove the skin).
>
>Chop an onion and spread the onion pieces all around the chicken

parts.

>Slice about 5 garlic cloves and lay those slices all around the

chicken
>parts.
>
>Sprinkle some spices over all.... Oregano, Basil, salt, pepper, a few

red
>pepper flakes.
>
>Drizzle a bit of olive oil around the pan
>Drizzle about a half cup of Marsala wine around the pan.
>
>Open a can of tomatoes and dump the entire can all around the chicken

parts,
>etc.
>
>(for the non diabetics, I peel a couple of potatoes and fit them in

wherever
>they will go).
>
>Bake at 350 uncovered for about an hour.
>
>Absolutely delicious!
>
>--
>Best Regards,
>
>Evelyn

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Cheri <gserviceatinreachdotcom> wrote:
: Sounds good and easy Evelyn.

: Cheri

: Evelyn Ruut wrote in message
: >...
: >Chicken Cacciatore.
: >
: >*************
[...]
: >--
: >Best Regards,
: >
: >Evelyn
: >

I do a similar, dead easy recipe with chicken parts (bottom quarters,
separated word beter than breasts), sliced onions adn greenpeppers,
somelemon to rub on the chicken before strteng, salt and pepper and
assored spices of your choosing and a dry wine of any color and a can of
tomatoes, a 14 oz can for 4 chicen quarters and a 18 oz can for more. I
cook itin the oven at betwee 375 and 425 until done, but not dried ut. In
a pinch this can be covered and microwaved, but it is not quite as good.
No oil, no browning, a lead pipe cinch.

If you like, you can always add mushrooms and, for the non-diabetic,
persh small halved red potatoes around the edges so the are not aubmerged.

Wendy