Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Carbalose Flour Experiment # 1 - Easy Cherry Cobbler

I tried the following recipe with my new Carbalose flour - it's rather
simple but was very good. It reminded me of the cherry pies my grandmother
use to make -- she used cornstarch of course and the juice was kind of
opaque. I served it at last nights card games and everyone liked it.
Sadly, we all ate a double portion - the four of us finished off the whole
pie .... now it's not as bad as it sounds, I spiked 1 hour at 124 and at 2
hours 108 and bedtime was 92. I'm okay with that. You could tweak the
serving size to small, normal servings which I hope to do next time! You
can also easily double the recipe to serve more people. By the way, I lost
every
game last night. Serves me right!

Here's the recipe:

Easy Low Carb Cherry Cobbler

Preheat Oven to 375°. Melt one fourth (¼) c. Butter in 9" glass pie plate
or your favorite baking dish.

Wisk together the following ingredients:
One half (½) cup Carbalose Flour
One half (½) cup Splenda or mix Erythritol & Splenda
One and one half (1 ½) tsp. Baking Powder
1 pinch salt
One half (½) cup skim milk

Pour batter over melted butter - do not stir

Spoon across batter one can of "No sugar Added" Cherry Pie Filling - again,
do not stir.

Bake 40 mins. or until top is golden brown.

Carbs:
Carbalose Flour ½ c. = 24 & 14 fiber = net carbs 10
½ c. skim milk = 6
Cherry Filling = 56
TOTAL CARBS IN COBBLER = 72

4 SERVINGS = 18 CARBS PER SERVING

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Sound good..i was naughty too and made bisquits and ate 3 instead of
two..lol..so i got the spike to 120...but was my fault of course.
I dont rise at all if i actually make things with the CQ like nut bread etc
because the extra protien and fiber and fat prevent it but i was just in the
mood for a plain bisquit and it yummy so i had three..lol.

Today ill behave and eat one with my brocoli and chicken dinner..i will be
plenty full...it was my bad eating just bisquits when hungry and they are
hot from the oven..lol..i should actually used one with peanutbutter or
somthing.

KROM

"Barbara H" > wrote in message
>I tried the following recipe with my new Carbalose flour - it's rather
> simple but was very good. It reminded me of the cherry pies my
> grandmother
> use to make -- she used cornstarch of course and the juice was kind of
> opaque. I served it at last nights card games and everyone liked it.
> Sadly, we all ate a double portion - the four of us finished off the whole
> pie .... now it's not as bad as it sounds, I spiked 1 hour at 124 and at 2
> hours 108 and bedtime was 92. I'm okay with that. You could tweak the
> serving size to small, normal servings which I hope to do next time! You
> can also easily double the recipe to serve more people. By the way, I
> lost every
> game last night. Serves me right!
>
> Here's the recipe:
>
> Easy Low Carb Cherry Cobbler
>
> Preheat Oven to 375°. Melt one fourth (¼) c. Butter in 9" glass pie
> plate or your favorite baking dish.
>
> Wisk together the following ingredients:
> One half (½) cup Carbalose Flour
> One half (½) cup Splenda or mix Erythritol & Splenda
> One and one half (1 ½) tsp. Baking Powder
> 1 pinch salt
> One half (½) cup skim milk
>
> Pour batter over melted butter - do not stir
>
> Spoon across batter one can of "No sugar Added" Cherry Pie Filling -
> again,
> do not stir.
>
> Bake 40 mins. or until top is golden brown.
>
> Carbs:
> Carbalose Flour ½ c. = 24 & 14 fiber = net carbs 10
> ½ c. skim milk = 6
> Cherry Filling = 56
> TOTAL CARBS IN COBBLER = 72
>
> 4 SERVINGS = 18 CARBS PER SERVING

Mama's Daughter's Diner Cherry Cobbler Carolyn Ranker Recipes (moderated) 0 23-07-2008 03:09 AM
Carbalose Flour ?? Barbara H Diabetic 8 12-01-2008 06:13 AM
Cherry Chocolate Cobbler Lucky Recipes (moderated) 0 01-09-2007 06:18 PM
Fresh Cherry Cobbler Duckie ® Recipes 0 28-06-2005 09:18 PM
Crockpot Cherry Cobbler Duckie ® Recipes 0 03-03-2005 03:12 PM