Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Carbalose Flour ??

Anyone have any experience or recommendations. I've used CarbQuick but not
the plain flour. Thought I might try a pie crust. The web site only has
recipes for CarbQuick. Although there are some general suggestions for
using Carbalose.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Barbara H Type 2, Dx 7/06, 1500 metformin

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Didnt know there was a plain flour..i was using carb quick to make all my
holiday treats...had i had just the flour and not all the salt and baking
soda in the quick mix it would have been alot easier to bake my regular
recipes..lol.

KROM

"Barbara H" > wrote in message
> Anyone have any experience or recommendations. I've used CarbQuick but
> not the plain flour. Thought I might try a pie crust. The web site only
> has recipes for CarbQuick. Although there are some general suggestions
> for using Carbalose.
>
> Any help will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Barbara H Type 2, Dx 7/06, 1500 metformin

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 17:44:44 -0600, "Barbara H" >
wrote:

>Anyone have any experience or recommendations. I've used CarbQuick but not
>the plain flour.

Is that all it is? - I've been avoiding it because it comes without an
ingredient list... might try it again now you've said!

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.6% BMI 25
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nicky" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 17:44:44 -0600, "Barbara H" >
> wrote:
>
>>Anyone have any experience or recommendations. I've used CarbQuick but
>>not
>>the plain flour.

> Is that all it is? - I've been avoiding it because it comes without an
> ingredient list... might try it again now you've said!
>
> Nicky.
> T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
> D&E, 100ug thyroxine
> Last A1c 5.6% BMI 25

I just ordered it from Netrition. They just recently started carrying it
and they do have the ingredients listed. I didn't think to compare it to
the CarbQuick list. Guess I'll go do that now.

Thanks
Barbara H Type 2, dx 07/06, 1500 metformin, exercise & diet
A1c ... barely in the 5% club at 5.9% after the holidays ... working on
improving that number.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Let us know if its the same cause i can tolerate carbquick very very
well..so this would be a exciting new try if it is the same type of flour
just without the extras the mix has for bisquits.

KROM

"Barbara H" > wrote in message

> "Nicky" > wrote in message
>> On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 17:44:44 -0600, "Barbara H" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Anyone have any experience or recommendations. I've used CarbQuick but
>>>not
>>>the plain flour.

>> Is that all it is? - I've been avoiding it because it comes without an
>> ingredient list... might try it again now you've said!
>>
>> Nicky.
>> T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
>> D&E, 100ug thyroxine
>> Last A1c 5.6% BMI 25

> I just ordered it from Netrition. They just recently started carrying it
> and they do have the ingredients listed. I didn't think to compare it to
> the CarbQuick list. Guess I'll go do that now.
>
> Thanks
> Barbara H Type 2, dx 07/06, 1500 metformin, exercise & diet
> A1c ... barely in the 5% club at 5.9% after the holidays ... working on
> improving that number.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"krom" > wrote in message
> Let us know if its the same cause i can tolerate carbquick very very
> well..so this would be a exciting new try if it is the same type of flour
> just without the extras the mix has for bisquits.
>
> KROM
>
> "Barbara H" > wrote in message

I checked both ingredient lists ... CQ has the "baking mix" extras but
otherwise Carbalose is the basic flour CQ uses.

Here are the copied lists:
CarbQuick

Ingredients: Carbalose Flour (Enzyme-Enriched Wheat & Wheat Protein, Wheat
Gluten, Wheat and Vegetable Fiber, High-Protein Wheat Flour, Canola Oil,
Salt, Emulsifiers, Enzymes, Ascorbic Acid, Sucralose, Calcium Propionate),
Palm Oil, Buttermilk Powder, Baking Powder, Egg White Solids, Lecithin,
Salt, Natural & Artificial Flavors.

Carbalose Flour

Ingredients: Enzyme enhanced wheat and wheat protein, vital wheat gluten,
wheat fiber, high-protein wheat flour, vegetable fiber, canola oil, salt,
emulsifiers, enzymes, ascorbic acid, sucralose, calcium propionate (a
preservative). Recommended Use: Use like regular flour in most recipes.

Mine came today so I will let you know how it goes. Like you, I can
tolerate CQ quite well. Although, I'm not crazy about the taste always.
Seems like the CQ biscuits have a slight metalic taste. I can add a pinch
of garlic powder and a bit of shredded cheese and that calms it down a lot.
The waffels on the other hand have no aftertaste at all. I can't figure
that out. I use it to make Susan's apple cake and again, great results, no
aftertaste. I'm anxious to try the carbalose and I've really been wanting
to make a peach cobbler. I have a bunch of local peaches frozen from
summer. Yum!

Let me know if you try something interesting down the road.

Barbara H - type 2, dx 7/06, 1500 metformin, exercise & diet

>> "Nicky" > wrote in message

>>> Is that all it is? - I've been avoiding it because it comes without an
>>> ingredient list... might try it again now you've said!
>>>
>>> Nicky.
>>> T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
>>> D&E, 100ug thyroxine
>>> Last A1c 5.6% BMI 25

>> I just ordered it from Netrition. They just recently started carrying it
>> and they do have the ingredients listed. I didn't think to compare it to
>> the CarbQuick list. Guess I'll go do that now.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Barbara H Type 2, dx 07/06, 1500 metformin, exercise & diet
>> A1c ... barely in the 5% club at 5.9% after the holidays ... working on
>> improving that number.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 15:06:04 -0600, "Barbara H" >
wrote:

>I checked both ingredient lists ... CQ has the "baking mix" extras but
>otherwise Carbalose is the basic flour CQ uses.

Cool! Thanks for doing the research, Barbara! I'd just as soon eat
something without liquid egg, too - I really don't like supporting the
battery hen industry.

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.6% BMI 25
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Very cool i am excited!
When i get some money im gonna order some and experiment!

Funny thing is my wife liked my cakes etc made with carbquick better then
the ones she made for herself over the holidays ...lol..probably because i
tweaked my recipes to have more butter and cream etc so my desserts were
much richer and the splenda /'tol mix tasted better then had i used sugar.

So if we are getting good results with the mix the plain flour should be
very tasty!

thnx barbara!

KROM

"Barbara H" > wrote
> I checked both ingredient lists ... CQ has the "baking mix" extras but
> otherwise Carbalose is the basic flour CQ uses.
>
> Here are the copied lists:
> CarbQuick
>
> Ingredients: Carbalose Flour (Enzyme-Enriched Wheat & Wheat Protein, Wheat
> Gluten, Wheat and Vegetable Fiber, High-Protein Wheat Flour, Canola Oil,
> Salt, Emulsifiers, Enzymes, Ascorbic Acid, Sucralose, Calcium Propionate),
> Palm Oil, Buttermilk Powder, Baking Powder, Egg White Solids, Lecithin,
> Salt, Natural & Artificial Flavors.
>
> Carbalose Flour
>
> Ingredients: Enzyme enhanced wheat and wheat protein, vital wheat gluten,
> wheat fiber, high-protein wheat flour, vegetable fiber, canola oil, salt,
> emulsifiers, enzymes, ascorbic acid, sucralose, calcium propionate (a
> preservative). Recommended Use: Use like regular flour in most recipes.
>
> Mine came today so I will let you know how it goes. Like you, I can
> tolerate CQ quite well. Although, I'm not crazy about the taste always.
> Seems like the CQ biscuits have a slight metalic taste. I can add a pinch
> of garlic powder and a bit of shredded cheese and that calms it down a
> lot. The waffels on the other hand have no aftertaste at all. I can't
> figure that out. I use it to make Susan's apple cake and again, great
> results, no aftertaste. I'm anxious to try the carbalose and I've really
> been wanting to make a peach cobbler. I have a bunch of local peaches
> frozen from summer. Yum!
>
> Let me know if you try something interesting down the road.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

True...
Besides its always better to control what goes into your baked goods such as
salt amounts etc and i cant do that with the mix.

KROM