Old 11-05-2009, 06:22 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Sky Sky is offline

Default corn flour versus wheat flour

nefletch wrote:

Good evening all.

We are having company soon, and they will be here for
one week. I have just discovered that one person in the
party is allergic to wheat, barley and rye. His biggest
hurdle is wheat flour. He suggested corn flour instead of
wheat flour. Is there any difference in cooking between
the two? Anything I should do differently? I am a big
fan of pancakes, and biscuits and gravy for breakfast,
any simple recipes for these two using corn flower?
Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.

As a quick fix, perhaps offer rice cakes when others are served biscuits
& breads? Or, fix rice often with different recipes; fried rice,
spanish rice, rice & beans, etc.

Sky

Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice!!