Old 10-05-2009, 12:15 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default corn flour versus wheat flour

"nefletch" wrote in message
scommunications...
Good evening all.

We are having company soon, and they will be here for
one week. I have just discovered that one person in the
party is allergic to wheat, barley and rye. His biggest
hurdle is wheat flour. He suggested corn flour instead of
wheat flour. Is there any difference in cooking between
the two? Anything I should do differently? I am a big
fan of pancakes, and biscuits and gravy for breakfast,
any simple recipes for these two using corn flower?
Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.

I'm pretty sure you're referring to what I call cornmeal. You can make
cornmeal pancakes (although my recipe also calls for white flour, I'm not
sure how they would turn out without it.) I've never tried gravy over
cornmeal muffins... it might work

Jill