Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Your best list of Foods .. NOT to eat ?

So many different ideas out there. For example .." Don't eat Beans if
you are
diabetic. " Thanks in advance for posting.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

DidiWinYet wrote:
> So many different ideas out there. For example .." Don't eat Beans if
> you are
> diabetic. " Thanks in advance for posting.

Who told you to not eat beans if you are Diabetic? Beans have a lot of
fiber and many diabetics tolerate them well. In fact, there shouldn't
even be a "don't eat" list because each person reacts differently.

Test your blood glucose one hour and two hours after you eat any
starchy food and make your own "don't eat" list.

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 16:09:24 -0700, DidiWinYet
> wrote:

>So many different ideas out there. For example .." Don't eat Beans if
>you are diabetic." Thanks in advance for posting.

Simple. Those that cause me to get high BG spikes. How do I
find which they are? I use this:

http://www.alt-support-diabetes.org/NewlyDiagnosed.htm

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
d&e, metformin 1500mg, ezetrol 10mg
http://loraltraveloz.blogspot.com/
latest: Mossman Gorge in the Daintree Rainforest
http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com/
latest: Self-Testing and Type 2 Management
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"DidiWinYet" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> So many different ideas out there. For example .." Don't eat Beans if
> you are
> diabetic. " Thanks in advance for posting.

There is no such list. Technically we can eat whatever we want. It all
boils down to portion size and that might mean just one bite. Now some
people might find that certain foods spike them and they can't eat them at
all. One of those foods for some people is potatoes and yet I eat them with
no problem.

What you need to do is use your meter and test after eating. See which
foods work for you and in what amounts.

The foods I don't eat are ones I am allergic to, don't like or don't sit
well with my stomach. I have additional medical problems besides diabetes.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
> DidiWinYet wrote:
>> So many different ideas out there. For example .." Don't eat Beans if
>> you are
>> diabetic. " Thanks in advance for posting.
>>

> Who told you to not eat beans if you are Diabetic? Beans have a lot of
> fiber and many diabetics tolerate them well. In fact, there shouldn't
> even be a "don't eat" list because each person reacts differently.
>
> Test your blood glucose one hour and two hours after you eat any starchy
> food and make your own "don't eat" list.

I eat beans almost daily. Sometimes more than once in a day.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

wrote:

>So many different ideas out there. For example .." Don't eat Beans if
>you are
>diabetic. " Thanks in advance for posting.

Where'd you find that little gem?

My List of foods not to eat?

1. Anything connected with spam, like Mario's Maplespam (TIC).
2. Anything that my meter tells me to avoid in the future.

For your own list, I highly recommend # 2 on my list.

Ross.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I hope you keep your windows open ...

"Julie Bove" > a écrit ...

> I eat beans almost daily. Sometimes more than once in a day.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Frank t2 wrote:
> I hope you keep your windows open ...
>

> "Julie Bove" > a écrit ...
>>
>> I eat beans almost daily. Sometimes more than once in a day.

When people eat beans more frequently, they begin to digest them better.
I usually put a little pinch of ground ginger in our beans and it works
as well as Beano.

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
Good Friends. Good Life
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

" Frank t2" > wrote in message
>I hope you keep your windows open ...

They don't give me gas.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Aug 15, 11:15 pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> " Frank t2" > wrote in ...
>
> >I hope you keep your windows open ...

> They don't give me gas.

Thanks to all of the posters who all had some good ideas.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

THEN WHY DO YOU EAT THEM ?

lol .. )

"Julie Bove" > a écrit ...