Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default What happened to Dreamfields?

Dreamfields pasta has disappeared off the shelves of my local supermarkets
in So. California. Anybody know what's going on? Their website is still
running.

Yes. I know about the delayed moderately high blood sugar levels but I found
it useful to mix DF and regular pasta with some zucchini thrown into the mix
to even out the bgs.

I also miss the very low carb, so-called "dairy beverages" that were a
great milk substitute at 3 to 4 grams per cup. Those came and went. One
carried the label of Hood's. The other was called Carb Conscious. They were
both great.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Uncle Enrico wrote:
> Dreamfields pasta has disappeared off the shelves of my local supermarkets
> in So. California. Anybody know what's going on? Their website is still
> running.

We can still get it here in deep-south Texas. I was surprised to find
that they began to stock the lasagna when it came out, too. I make a
generous 4 serving lasagna with only 6 noodles. We also count half of
the "actual" carbs, not the "absorbed" carbs for his bolus.

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Uncle Enrico" > wrote in message
t...
> Dreamfields pasta has disappeared off the shelves of my local supermarkets
> in So. California. Anybody know what's going on? Their website is still
> running.
>
> Yes. I know about the delayed moderately high blood sugar levels but I
> found it useful to mix DF and regular pasta with some zucchini thrown into
> the mix to even out the bgs.
>
> I also miss the very low carb, so-called "dairy beverages" that were a
> great milk substitute at 3 to 4 grams per cup. Those came and went. One
> carried the label of Hood's. The other was called Carb Conscious. They
> were both great.

Perhaps they didn't sell well?

I only tried the Dreamfields once. Raised my BG way higher than regular
pasta does. Since then I've seen it marked down and gotten rid of in all
the stores I've shopped at.

Have never seen those beverages, but they wouldn't interest me so I never
looked for them.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Uncle Enrico" > wrote in message
t...
> Dreamfields pasta has disappeared off the shelves of my local
> supermarkets in So. California. Anybody know what's going on? Their
> website is still running.
>
> Yes. I know about the delayed moderately high blood sugar levels but I
> found it useful to mix DF and regular pasta with some zucchini thrown
> into the mix to even out the bgs.
>
> I also miss the very low carb, so-called "dairy beverages" that were
> a great milk substitute at 3 to 4 grams per cup. Those came and
> went. One carried the label of Hood's. The other was called Carb
> Conscious. They were both great.

Hi Enrico,

I still get it thru Netrition. Their price is the same for all
types: $2.59. I buy a bunch of it plus CarbQuik when I order because of
the flat shipping of $4.95 no matter how much you order. By the way,
how did you like the CarbQuik? I found that most of their recipes suck!
Use the Bisquik recipes, just substitute CarbQuik in the same amounts
and they come out perfect! The pancakes are wonderful. I've been
making "Bowl Muffins" for breakfast several times a week. Try this:

Bowl Muffins in a (microwaveable) cereal bowl :

1/3 cup of Carbquik
1 large egg
a little SF syrup to make it the consistency of pancake mix
Then just nuke it in the mic for exactly 2 minutes on high.

That will make a basic bowl muffin, now the fun part, toss whatever you
have a fancy for in it before you zap it. So far I've tried PB&J,
craisens, diced apple, even bacon bits and fresh apricots. About 2
tablespoons full works best, just mix it in. That's it! I put a
little butter and Mrs. Butterworth's SF syrup on top when it's done.
It's filling, fast and tasty, plus only one bowl to clean up.

Another CarbQuik pointer is try the BisQuik "Impossible Pies". They
turn out great using CarbQuik. Go he
http://busycooks.about.com/library/r...imposspies.htm . I made
the chocolate and the cranberry pies. Watch them tho, they weren't made
for diabetics, some recipes contain carby "fillings".
Cheers, Wizzzer

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

CarbQuik is great. I just ordered another 5 pounds from Netrition. Guess I
should have ordered some Dreamfields with it. Thanks for the tip.

I used to make drop biscuits with cinnamon, nuts and Splenda. Then I started
making pancakes which soon became my favorite. It's a miracle to be able to
eat pancakes again.

My favorite CarbQuick use is the pancakes. I use
"Wizzzer" > wrote in message

> "Uncle Enrico" > wrote in message
> t...
>> Dreamfields pasta has disappeared off the shelves of my local
>> supermarkets in So. California. Anybody know what's going on? Their
>> website is still running.
>>
>> Yes. I know about the delayed moderately high blood sugar levels but I
>> found it useful to mix DF and regular pasta with some zucchini thrown
>> into the mix to even out the bgs.
>>
>> I also miss the very low carb, so-called "dairy beverages" that were a
>> great milk substitute at 3 to 4 grams per cup. Those came and went. One
>> carried the label of Hood's. The other was called Carb Conscious. They
>> were both great.

> Hi Enrico,
>
> I still get it thru Netrition. Their price is the same for all types:
> $2.59. I buy a bunch of it plus CarbQuik when I order because of the flat
> shipping of $4.95 no matter how much you order. By the way, how did you
> like the CarbQuik? I found that most of their recipes suck! Use the
> Bisquik recipes, just substitute CarbQuik in the same amounts and they
> come out perfect! The pancakes are wonderful. I've been making "Bowl
> Muffins" for breakfast several times a week. Try this:
>
> Bowl Muffins in a (microwaveable) cereal bowl :
>
> 1/3 cup of Carbquik
> 1 large egg
> a little SF syrup to make it the consistency of pancake mix
> Then just nuke it in the mic for exactly 2 minutes on high.
>
> That will make a basic bowl muffin, now the fun part, toss whatever you
> have a fancy for in it before you zap it. So far I've tried PB&J,
> craisens, diced apple, even bacon bits and fresh apricots. About 2
> tablespoons full works best, just mix it in. That's it! I put a little
> butter and Mrs. Butterworth's SF syrup on top when it's done. It's
> filling, fast and tasty, plus only one bowl to clean up.
>
> Another CarbQuik pointer is try the BisQuik "Impossible Pies". They turn
> out great using CarbQuik. Go he
> http://busycooks.about.com/library/r...imposspies.htm . I made the
> chocolate and the cranberry pies. Watch them tho, they weren't made for
> diabetics, some recipes contain carby "fillings".
> Cheers, Wizzzer

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article > ,
"Uncle Enrico" > wrote:

> Dreamfields pasta has disappeared off the shelves of my local supermarkets
> in So. California. Anybody know what's going on? Their website is still
> running.

Have you asked the manager of your local supermarket? They may just not
be stocking it and need to hear that it's missed.

Priscilla
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Uncle Enrico" > wrote in message
news
> CarbQuik is great. I just ordered another 5 pounds from Netrition. Guess I
> should have ordered some Dreamfields with it. Thanks for the tip.
>
> I used to make drop biscuits with cinnamon, nuts and Splenda. Then I
> started making pancakes which soon became my favorite. It's a miracle to
> be able to eat pancakes again.
>
> My favorite CarbQuick use is the pancakes. I use
> "Wizzzer" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Uncle Enrico" > wrote in message
>> t...
>>> Dreamfields pasta has disappeared off the shelves of my local
>>> supermarkets in So. California. Anybody know what's going on? Their
>>> website is still running.
>>>
>>> Yes. I know about the delayed moderately high blood sugar levels but I
>>> found it useful to mix DF and regular pasta with some zucchini thrown
>>> into the mix to even out the bgs.
>>>
>>> I also miss the very low carb, so-called "dairy beverages" that were a
>>> great milk substitute at 3 to 4 grams per cup. Those came and went. One
>>> carried the label of Hood's. The other was called Carb Conscious. They
>>> were both great.

>> Hi Enrico,
>>
>> I still get it thru Netrition. Their price is the same for all types:
>> $2.59. I buy a bunch of it plus CarbQuik when I order because of the
>> flat shipping of $4.95 no matter how much you order. By the way, how did
>> you like the CarbQuik? I found that most of their recipes suck! Use the
>> Bisquik recipes, just substitute CarbQuik in the same amounts and they
>> come out perfect! The pancakes are wonderful. I've been making "Bowl
>> Muffins" for breakfast several times a week. Try this:
>>
>> Bowl Muffins in a (microwaveable) cereal bowl :
>>
>> 1/3 cup of Carbquik
>> 1 large egg
>> a little SF syrup to make it the consistency of pancake mix
>> Then just nuke it in the mic for exactly 2 minutes on high.
>>
>> That will make a basic bowl muffin, now the fun part, toss whatever you
>> have a fancy for in it before you zap it. So far I've tried PB&J,
>> craisens, diced apple, even bacon bits and fresh apricots. About 2
>> tablespoons full works best, just mix it in. That's it! I put a little
>> butter and Mrs. Butterworth's SF syrup on top when it's done. It's
>> filling, fast and tasty, plus only one bowl to clean up.
>>
>> Another CarbQuik pointer is try the BisQuik "Impossible Pies". They turn
>> out great using CarbQuik. Go he
>> http://busycooks.about.com/library/r...imposspies.htm . I made the
>> chocolate and the cranberry pies. Watch them tho, they weren't made for
>> diabetics, some recipes contain carby "fillings".
>> Cheers, Wizzzer

Our "super" Target is the only store that carries Dreamfields around here
and it disappeard for a couple of months. However, I made a special trip
yesterday and it's back. Hope your stores bring it back too.

Now I'm going to order some Carbquik - your experience with it sounds good.
Thanks - Barbara H

Type 2, dx 7/06 Metformin 1500, exercise/diet

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

> Our "super" Target is the only store that carries Dreamfields around
> here
> and it disappeard for a couple of months. However, I made a special
> trip yesterday and it's back. Hope your stores bring it back too.
>
> Now I'm going to order some Carbquik - your experience with it sounds
> good. Thanks - Barbara H
>
> Type 2, dx 7/06 Metformin 1500, exercise/diet

Hi Barbara,

Dreamfields and Carbquik are the two things that have made diabetes
bearable for me. Try them, they are great. The only caveats are
Dreamfields seems to spike some people (me too, initially), but I found
that it was only the first time I had it and it wasn't bad. It may have
been due to over cooking it (warning! don't). Now I'm eating large
portions of Italian dishes regularly with no problem.

Carbquik is also great stuff, but use the Bisquik recipes, they are
much better. I tried several of the Carbquik recipes from their site
and they are overly complicated, plus they were awful. I decided to go
try Bisquik recipes and they taste great using the same amounts. I've
bought a bunch of both since I figured it out. The Carbquik pancakes
using the Bisquik recipe are worth it alone. If you love Italian, then
you have to buy Dreamfields. The best source I've found is
http://www.Netrition.com. I love the $4.95 shipping, no matter how much
you buy.

Cheers, Wizzzer
Type 2, 1000 x 2 Metformin (and a bunch of other crap)

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Wizzzer wrote:

>> Our "super" Target is the only store that carries Dreamfields around here
>> and it disappeard for a couple of months. However, I made a special
>> trip yesterday and it's back. Hope your stores bring it back too.
>>
>> Now I'm going to order some Carbquik - your experience with it sounds
>> good. Thanks - Barbara H
>>
>> Type 2, dx 7/06 Metformin 1500, exercise/diet

> Hi Barbara,
>
> Dreamfields and Carbquik are the two things that have made diabetes
> bearable for me. Try them, they are great. The only caveats are
> Dreamfields seems to spike some people (me too, initially), but I found
> that it was only the first time I had it and it wasn't bad. It may have
> been due to over cooking it (warning! don't). Now I'm eating large
> portions of Italian dishes regularly with no problem.
>
> Carbquik is also great stuff, but use the Bisquik recipes, they are
> much better. I tried several of the Carbquik recipes from their site
> and they are overly complicated, plus they were awful. I decided to go
> try Bisquik recipes and they taste great using the same amounts. I've
> bought a bunch of both since I figured it out. The Carbquik pancakes
> using the Bisquik recipe are worth it alone. If you love Italian, then
> you have to buy Dreamfields. The best source I've found is
> http://www.Netrition.com. I love the $4.95 shipping, no matter how much
> you buy.
>
> Cheers, Wizzzer
> Type 2, 1000 x 2 Metformin (and a bunch of other crap)

Keep an eye on your BGs with Carbquick, too. We tried it and my DH's BG
was higher than it would have been on Bisquick. Not everyone benefits
from everything. DMs need to test themselves and not rely upon outside
information.

I have a canister full of Carbquick that we can't use.

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
Good Friends. Good Life
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Yes, I do find that to be true with a lot of things. Others don't have
a problem with some of the products, but I do, so it definitely is a
YMMV type of thing.

Cheri

Janet Wilder wrote in message

>Keep an eye on your BGs with Carbquick, too. We tried it and my DH's

BG
>was higher than it would have been on Bisquick. Not everyone benefits
>from everything. DMs need to test themselves and not rely upon

outside
>information.
>
>I have a canister full of Carbquick that we can't use.
>
>--
>Janet Wilder
>Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
>Good Friends. Good Life

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Good point. I did locate Dreamfields at one of the larger Ralphs markets
locally.

"Priscilla H. Ballou" > wrote in message
> In article > ,
> "Uncle Enrico" > wrote:
>
>> Dreamfields pasta has disappeared off the shelves of my local
>> supermarkets
>> in So. California. Anybody know what's going on? Their website is still
>> running.

> Have you asked the manager of your local supermarket? They may just not
> be stocking it and need to hear that it's missed.
>
> Priscilla

Dreamfields: Waste of money Jeffrey Kaplan Diabetic 31 25-09-2007 08:36 PM
Recipe: Dreamfields' Lo Mein Janet Wilder[_1_] Diabetic 4 07-06-2007 12:00 PM
What's happened in NYC?? Andy General Cooking 34 12-10-2006 09:15 PM
Dreamfields pasta Pete Romfh Diabetic 13 24-01-2006 07:40 AM
Ok - what happened! Cheryl Isaak Wine 1 06-12-2004 07:26 PM