Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Low-carb peanut butter treat

For all those who used to love peanut butter sandwiches, but
can't find a low-carb way to enjoy them, here's a quick way
to enjoy a little snack:

2 tbsp peanut butter (I prefer crunchy)
Hot sauce to taste
Crisp lettuce leaves

Put the first two ingredients in a microwave safe bowl,
and nuke for 30-40 seconds. This melts the peanut
butter into a nice sauce. Then, dip your lettuce into
the sauce, and enjoy the spicy peanut taste and
the crunch of the lettuce. Very satisfying as a snack,
and only 2 net carbs.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> For all those who used to love peanut butter sandwiches, but
> can't find a low-carb way to enjoy them, here's a quick way
> to enjoy a little snack:
>
> 2 tbsp peanut butter (I prefer crunchy)
> Hot sauce to taste
> Crisp lettuce leaves
>
> Put the first two ingredients in a microwave safe bowl,
> and nuke for 30-40 seconds. This melts the peanut
> butter into a nice sauce. Then, dip your lettuce into
> the sauce, and enjoy the spicy peanut taste and
> the crunch of the lettuce. Very satisfying as a snack,
> and only 2 net carbs.

Very nice with wedges of onion and cucumber slices.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Alan" > wrote in message
>I also like to use celery or carrots (but you have to limit the number of
>carrots).

I like to split a big dill pickle down the middle then pat off the cut edges
so they're not so wet. I then make a sandwich out of it with peanut butter
in the middle.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Interesting, thanks. My friends thought I was nuts because I liked peanut
butter, pickle, mayonnaise and onion sandwiches (taste way better than it
sounds!). I prefer the bread and butter pickles on mine. I will have to
use the lettuce for my bread now, but will probably still be good.
Kris

> For all those who used to love peanut butter sandwiches, but
> can't find a low-carb way to enjoy them, here's a quick way
> to enjoy a little snack:
>
> 2 tbsp peanut butter (I prefer crunchy)
> Hot sauce to taste
> Crisp lettuce leaves
>
> Put the first two ingredients in a microwave safe bowl,
> and nuke for 30-40 seconds. This melts the peanut
> butter into a nice sauce. Then, dip your lettuce into
> the sauce, and enjoy the spicy peanut taste and
> the crunch of the lettuce. Very satisfying as a snack,
> and only 2 net carbs.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cougar" > wrote in message
> Interesting, thanks. My friends thought I was nuts because I liked peanut
> butter, pickle, mayonnaise and onion sandwiches (taste way better than it
> sounds!). I prefer the bread and butter pickles on mine. I will have to
> use the lettuce for my bread now, but will probably still be good.

Half a low carb wrap? Ham makes a nice wrap instead of bread also.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I love turkey slices with peanut butter and celery for the filling.

- Alan