Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Who says diabetics can't eat well?

Who says diabetics can't eat well?
Maintaining a healthy diet is important for everyone, but crucial for
people with diabetes. Following a diet that meets the strict
nutritional requirements of diabetics and does not overshoot on
calories is critical. At the same time, having diabetes does not mean
you lose your head on calorie counting and bid farewell to delicious
food. Here are some yummy meal options that are safe, quick to prepare,
and great to taste
http://www.diabeticsshouldeat.blogspot.com

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Stella" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> Who says diabetics can't eat well?
> Maintaining a healthy diet is important for everyone, but crucial for
> people with diabetes. Following a diet that meets the strict
> nutritional requirements of diabetics and does not overshoot on
> calories is critical. At the same time, having diabetes does not mean
> you lose your head on calorie counting and bid farewell to delicious
> food. Here are some yummy meal options that are safe, quick to prepare,
> and great to taste
> http://www.diabeticsshouldeat.blogspot.com

If you take enough insulin to cover the carbs.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Stella" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> Who says diabetics can't eat well?
> Maintaining a healthy diet is important for everyone, but crucial for
> people with diabetes. Following a diet that meets the strict
> nutritional requirements of diabetics and does not overshoot on
> calories is critical. At the same time, having diabetes does not mean
> you lose your head on calorie counting and bid farewell to delicious
> food. Here are some yummy meal options that are safe, quick to prepare,
> and great to taste
> http://www.diabeticsshouldeat.blogspot.com

My blood sugar rose just reading the breakfast recommendations of the
so-called "doctor". Here's a snippet copied and pasted from the web site:
"Dr Kiran Desai, a practicing pathologist and medical officer at IIM
Ahmedabad, who also serves as the selector and coach for the Indian
roller-skating team, says, 'The best breakfast option for a diabetic is a
plate full of fruit. Include fruit such as apples, peaches, bananas and even
strawberries, and eat a stomach full. You can even have a soup if an urge
for salts arises. Once in a while, you can have milk with cereal that has no
additional sugar. Muesli is also an option.'
Some more options:
Poached egg on toast
Tomato and cucumber salad
Bread topped with pineapple slices
Whole-grain ready-to-eat cereal
Almond milk
Bananas
These must be alternated though, and none consumed on a daily basis.
However, fruits are safe and ideal for repetition." <end quote>

I don't use insulin, so eating a "plate full" or "stomach full" of fruit
would easily blow my sugars right into the 200+ range.

Karen
Type 2

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Karen in NC" > wrote in message

> My blood sugar rose just reading the breakfast recommendations of the
> so-called "doctor".

> Almond milk

This should be OK - phew, something we can eat!

Nicky

--
A1c 10.5/5.5/<6 T2 DX 05/2004
100ug Thyroxine

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 18:39:46 -0000, "Nicky"
> wrote:

>"Karen in NC" > wrote in message
>>
>> My blood sugar rose just reading the breakfast recommendations of the
>> so-called "doctor".

>> Almond milk

>This should be OK - phew, something we can eat!
>
>Nicky

Never heard of it. I just looked on my almonds - where is
the udder located?

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
d&e, metformin 1000mg, ezetrol 10mg
http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com/
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com/
latest: The Vatican

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Alan S" > wrote in message
> Never heard of it. I just looked on my almonds - where is
> the udder located?

You jest put yer almonds togedder and squeeeze

Nicky.

--
A1c 10.5/5.5/<6 T2 DX 05/2004
100ug Thyroxine

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nicky" > wrote in message

> "Alan S" > wrote in message
>> Never heard of it. I just looked on my almonds - where is
>> the udder located?

> You jest put yer almonds togedder and squeeeze
>
> Nicky.
>
> --
> A1c 10.5/5.5/<6 T2 DX 05/2004
> 100ug Thyroxine
> 95/72/72Kg

Oooh - that's gotta hurt!

Karen

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Alan S > wrote:
: On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 18:39:46 -0000, "Nicky"
: > wrote:

: >
: >"Karen in NC" > wrote in message
: >news:q4l6h.279637$1i1.163579@attbi_s72...
: >>
: >> My blood sugar rose just reading the breakfast recommendations of the
: >> so-called "doctor".
: >
: >> Almond milk
: >
: >This should be OK - phew, something we can eat!
: >
: >Nicky

: Never heard of it. I just looked on my almonds - where is
: the udder located?

: Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
: d&e, metformin 1000mg, ezetrol 10mg
: Everything in Moderation - Except Laughter.
: --
: http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com/
: http://loraltravel.blogspot.com/
: latest: The Vatican

Sorry Alan, you probably have only male almonds. You shoudl go to the
health food sore and ask fo rfemale almonds.

If you believe tht I hav ea bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you:-)

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 01:36:08 +0000 (UTC), "W. Baker"
> wrote:

>Sorry Alan, you probably have only male almonds.

I thought the udders looked small. Maybe I shouldn't keep
them in the fridge?

> You shoudl go to the health food sore and ask for female almonds.
>
>If you believe tht I hav ea bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you:-)

Nah - I'll swap you for one in Sydney harbour:-)
Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
d&e, metformin 1000mg, ezetrol 10mg
http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com/
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com/
latest: The Vatican
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Stella > wrote:
|| Who says diabetics can't eat well?
|| Maintaining a healthy diet is important for everyone, but
|| crucial for people with diabetes. Following a diet that meets
|| the strict nutritional requirements of diabetics and does not
|| overshoot on calories is critical. At the same time, having
|| diabetes does not mean you lose your head on calorie counting
|| and bid farewell to delicious food. Here are some yummy meal
|| options that are safe, quick to prepare, and great to taste
|| http://www.diabeticsshouldeat.blogspot.com

Dr Kiran Desai Quack Quack Quack...

"Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission." --
Eleanor Roosevelt

http://www.obsessionthemovie.com
http://www.americanpatrol.com/REFERENCE/isacrime.html
http://home.swbell.net/bjtexas/SS/

Diabetics of r.f.c. Nexis General Cooking 37 10-11-2007 09:07 PM
Optimum Diabetics Trahozavr Diabetic 0 01-10-2007 08:24 AM
vegetarian diabetics leslie Diabetic 6 27-04-2007 08:44 PM
Who says diabetics can't eat well? ( On Diabetes Day ) Stella General Cooking 4 14-11-2006 07:50 PM
jam for diabetics KK Preserving 1 06-08-2006 05:37 PM