Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default Aga 3 Oven model

any opinions ?

Chris
Posted to rec.food.equipment

Chris wrote:
> any opinions ?
>
> Chris

Well I don't have any personal experience wtih these, but an appliance
store near us sells them. I have been told that they are a super
premium Range highly touted.

I know they are expensive, so since it was out of our range, I didn't
get any specifics.

On some other message boards I have read where people claim how great
they are and how much they love them.

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On 4 Aug 2006 12:36:33 -0700, "Joe" > wrote:

>I know they are expensive,

A Rolls Royce is expensive...but it still can't get me from place to
place any quicker than a Ford pickup truck. The front of the plane
arrives at the airport at the same time as the back does...hopefully.

>On some other message boards I have read where people claim how great
>they are and how much they love them.

Ask them how they turn the unit off to keep the kitchen cooler in a
hot Georgia August summer when the blacktop is bubblin'?

Posted to rec.food.equipment

Ward Abbott wrote:

> Ask them how they turn the unit off to keep the kitchen cooler in a
> hot Georgia August summer when the blacktop is bubblin'?

I believe the original poster is in the UK, where Agas and Rayburns make
more sense, than in places like Georgia.

Posted to rec.food.equipment

> A Rolls Royce is expensive...but it still can't get me from place to
> place any quicker than a Ford pickup truck. The front of the plane
> arrives at the airport at the same time as the back does...hopefully.

Not quite true: Aga users report unusual cooking characteristics such as the
fact that roast beef never dries out however much you overcook it. (great
for health nuts who really believe that the only healthy way of eating meat
is to overcook it).

And they report taste improvements which are much more difficult to
quantify, though if a cooker itself can make overcooked meat taste OK,
whatever it does must be better than any other method.

pressure canner model 921 1\2 [email protected] Preserving 6 01-04-2014 02:44 AM
Toaster broiler oven with convection - best counter top model? miyo[_2_] General Cooking 43 15-06-2010 07:35 AM
ESTRO Model 480 john howison Coffee 0 14-06-2007 06:15 PM
New WSM? Model 8482 kenkozak Barbecue 6 24-10-2005 01:59 AM
Southbend Commercial Model [email protected] Cooking Equipment 8 15-07-2005 01:25 AM