kenkozak

Default New WSM? Model 8482

Just checked Amazon.com and they have a SECOND WSM listed...a model 8482.
List price, $447.99--discounted to $309.99. The only thing that seems
different is the "rust resistant fuel door," which is black, and possibly
the "porcelain water bowl."

The Weber site did not show this model.

Anybody know anything about this?

Ken K.

Pierre

kenkozak wrote:
> Just checked Amazon.com and they have a SECOND WSM listed...a model 8482.
> List price, $447.99--discounted to $309.99. The only thing that seems
> different is the "rust resistant fuel door," which is black, and possibly
> the "porcelain water bowl."
>
> The Weber site did not show this model.
>
> Anybody know anything about this?
>
> Ken K.

Ken, care to post the link? It wasn't on the Amazon.com I usually shop
at.

Pierre

kenkozak

Here's the link:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...=UTF8&v=glance

"Pierre" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> kenkozak wrote:
>> Just checked Amazon.com and they have a SECOND WSM listed...a model 8482.
>> List price, $447.99--discounted to $309.99. The only thing that seems
>> different is the "rust resistant fuel door," which is black, and possibly
>> the "porcelain water bowl."
>>
>> The Weber site did not show this model.
>>
>> Anybody know anything about this?
>>
>> Ken K.

> Ken, care to post the link? It wasn't on the Amazon.com I usually shop
> at.
>
> Pierre

CS

Looks like the standard WSM for an inflated price.

"kenkozak" > wrote in message
> Just checked Amazon.com and they have a SECOND WSM listed...a model 8482.
> List price, $447.99--discounted to $309.99. The only thing that seems
> different is the "rust resistant fuel door," which is black, and possibly
> the "porcelain water bowl."
>
> The Weber site did not show this model.
>
> Anybody know anything about this?
>
> Ken K.

Looks like the standard WSM for an inflated price.

Steve Calvin

kenkozak wrote:
> Here's the link:
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...=UTF8&v=glance

Doesn't look that much different than mine, that I paid $150 for. Except
that mine has handles on the main unit and two thermometers (one at each
grate level) that I put on.

http://pic12.picturetrail.com/VOL413.../103771621.jpg

Well... that one doesn't have an aluminum "fuel door" and my water bowl
isn't enamel. But whoopie. That's certainly not worth the ridiculously
high inflated price. Unless of course there's more than that link
specifies that's different.

--
Steve

Never read the fine print. There ain't no way you're going to like it.

Bo Hica

Exactly - I posted an "I call shennanigans" review. We'll see if it
survives the "review process" and appears in the item listing.

- Bo

"CS" > wrote in message

> Looks like the standard WSM for an inflated price.
>

> "kenkozak" > wrote in message
> > Just checked Amazon.com and they have a SECOND WSM listed...a model

8482.
> > List price, $447.99--discounted to $309.99. The only thing that seems
> > different is the "rust resistant fuel door," which is black, and

possibly
> > the "porcelain water bowl."
> >
> > The Weber site did not show this model.
> >
> > Anybody know anything about this?
> >
> > Ken K.
> >

> Looks like the standard WSM for an inflated price.

Bo Hica

Update - yep it's there....

"Bo Hica" > wrote in message
. com...
> Exactly - I posted an "I call shennanigans" review. We'll see if it
> survives the "review process" and appears in the item listing.
>
> - Bo
>
> "CS" > wrote in message
> >

> > Looks like the standard WSM for an inflated price.
> >

> > "kenkozak" > wrote in message
> > > Just checked Amazon.com and they have a SECOND WSM listed...a model

> 8482.
> > > List price, $447.99--discounted to $309.99. The only thing that seems
> > > different is the "rust resistant fuel door," which is black, and

> possibly
> > > the "porcelain water bowl."
> > >
> > > The Weber site did not show this model.
> > >
> > > Anybody know anything about this?
> > >
> > > Ken K.
> > >

> > Looks like the standard WSM for an inflated price.

LaMachine by Moulinex, Model 390 Bruce Alan Wilson Cooking Equipment 0 05-04-2017 02:27 PM
When You're Here, You're Family -- But What About a Playboy Model? Ubiquitous Restaurants 1 23-08-2008 10:16 PM
ESTRO Model 480 john howison Coffee 0 14-06-2007 06:15 PM
Aga 3 Oven model Chris Cooking Equipment 4 21-09-2006 09:46 PM
Southbend Commercial Model [email protected] Cooking Equipment 8 15-07-2005 01:25 AM