Bruce K.

Default Need Larger Toaster Oven that Can Heat to 500 Degrees.

Any ideas.

Thanks

Bruce
Vox Humana

"Bruce K." > wrote in message
> Any ideas.
>
> Thanks

If you could live with 450F, then I would suggest looking a Sharp
microwave/convection oven.

Boron Elgar

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 14:14:59 GMT, "Vox Humana" >
wrote:

>"Bruce K." > wrote in message
.. .
>> Any ideas.
>>
>> Thanks

>If you could live with 450F, then I would suggest looking a Sharp
>microwave/convection oven.

With the following caveat: I have owned two over the years and neither
had ever actually attained the high end temp. It varies between
400-425. In fact, all the temps achieved are lower than indicated.

My newest is 4 years, old, though, so perhaps they have improved this.

Boron
Vox Humana

"Boron Elgar" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 14:14:59 GMT, "Vox Humana" >
> wrote:
>

> >"Bruce K." > wrote in message
> .. .
> >> Any ideas.
> >>
> >> Thanks

> >If you could live with 450F, then I would suggest looking a Sharp
> >microwave/convection oven.
> >

> With the following caveat: I have owned two over the years and neither
> had ever actually attained the high end temp. It varies between
> 400-425. In fact, all the temps achieved are lower than indicated.
>
> My newest is 4 years, old, though, so perhaps they have improved this.

Mine is about 1 year old. I haven't measured the temperature because I
haven't had a problem. If anything, I have to be careful not to burn
things. The conventional wisdom is to reduce the temperature by 25F when
using a convection oven. I have never done that with my JennAir convection
oven but I have had to with the Sharp oven. Just out of curiosity, I will
pick up an oven thermometer and check the accuracy of both ovens.

Charles Demas

In article >,
Bruce K. > wrote:
>Any ideas.

IIRC, to get UL approval thermostats on ovens must limit
temperatures to either 450 or 500 degrees Fahrenheit.

Chuck Demas

--
Eat Healthy | _ _ | Nothing would be done at all,
Stay Fit | @ @ | If a man waited to do it so well,
| \___/ | http://world.std.com/~cpd

Vox Humana

"Charles Demas" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> Bruce K. > wrote:
> >Any ideas.

> IIRC, to get UL approval thermostats on ovens must limit
> temperatures to either 450 or 500 degrees Fahrenheit.

My JennAir range goes up to 550F

Charles Demas

In article >,
Vox Humana > wrote:

>"Charles Demas" > wrote in message
>> In article >,
>> Bruce K. > wrote:
>> >Any ideas.

>> IIRC, to get UL approval thermostats on ovens must limit
>> temperatures to either 450 or 500 degrees Fahrenheit.

>My JennAir range goes up to 550F

Probably a gas oven.

Toaster ovens are electric.

Chuck Demas

--
Eat Healthy | _ _ | Nothing would be done at all,
Stay Fit | @ @ | If a man waited to do it so well,
Die Anyway | v | That no one could find fault with it.
| \___/ | http://world.std.com/~cpd
Kim

Bruce K. wrote:

>Any ideas.
>
>Thanks
>
>Bruce

I recently bought a Maytag double oven , glass top range. Both ovens are
self cleaning. The top oven even has a toaster setting, but I don't
think the temperature is variable. I assume you would use the oven bake
control.

Kim

Vox Humana

"Charles Demas" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> Vox Humana > wrote:
> >
> >"Charles Demas" > wrote in message
> >>
> >> IIRC, to get UL approval thermostats on ovens must limit
> >> temperatures to either 450 or 500 degrees Fahrenheit.

> >My JennAir range goes up to 550F

> Probably a gas oven.
>
> Toaster ovens are electric.

Nope, dual-fuel. The cooktop is gas and the oven is electric.