Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Food from toaster oven doesn't retain heat

The food from my toaster oven, like waffles and crumpets, doesn't retain
heat after I cook it. Is it because the food is dry?

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 17, 10:45*am, "Christopher M." >
wrote:
> The food from my toaster oven, like waffles and crumpets, doesn't retain
> heat after I cook it. Is it because the food is dry?
>
> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

I dunno - when I do French fries (the super-crispy crinkle cut Ore-Ida
ones), they stay hot a long time.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Christopher M." > wrote in message
> The food from my toaster oven, like waffles and crumpets, doesn't retain
> heat after I cook it. Is it because the food is dry?
>

> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

What variety of food? Meat, vegetable, starch, pastry? How thick is the food
you're having trouble with? What is the wattage and size of your unit? If
you have a countertop "cheapie" like most of us that's somewhat of a moot
point.

I suspect you're "toasting", or broiling and baking at the same time at a
relatively high temp compared to your regular oven, and the interior of the
food just doesn't get cooked when the outer surface does. Lower your temp.
Increase your baking time.

Kent

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 11:45:17 -0500, "Christopher M."
> wrote:

>The food from my toaster oven, like waffles and crumpets, doesn't retain
>heat after I cook it. Is it because the food is dry?

Your room is probably cold.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christopher M. wrote:
> The food from my toaster oven, like waffles and crumpets, doesn't retain
> heat after I cook it. Is it because the food is dry?

If you are toasting them you are really only heating the outside of them
so there is not much heat to retain.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Kent" > wrote in message

> "Christopher M." > wrote in message
>> The food from my toaster oven, like waffles and crumpets, doesn't retain
>> heat after I cook it. Is it because the food is dry?
>>

>> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)
>>

> What variety of food? Meat, vegetable, starch, pastry? How thick is the
> food you're having trouble with? What is the wattage and size of your
> unit? If you have a countertop "cheapie" like most of us that's somewhat
> of a moot point.
>
> I suspect you're "toasting", or broiling and baking at the same time at a
> relatively high temp compared to your regular oven, and the interior of
> the food just doesn't get cooked when the outer surface does. Lower your
> temp. Increase your baking time.
>
> Kent

My toaster oven's on the fritz. The temp is already lowered and the baking
time increased.

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 22:31:49 -0500, "Christopher M."
> wrote:

>My toaster oven's on the fritz. The temp is already lowered and the baking
>time increased.

If your toaster oven is broken and doesn't cook properly, there is no
way we can help you. Replace it.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 17, 8:45*am, "Christopher M." >
wrote:
> The food from my toaster oven, like waffles and crumpets, doesn't retain
> heat after I cook it.

It's fine to go rogue, Sarah, but you should really consider moving
indoors this time of year. Alaska can get quite cold in December. :-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
sf > wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 22:31:49 -0500, "Christopher M."
> > wrote:
>
> >My toaster oven's on the fritz. The temp is already lowered and the baking
> >time increased.

> If your toaster oven is broken and doesn't cook properly, there is no
> way we can help you. Replace it.

It's not like they are expensive...
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Christopher M." wrote:

>The food from my toaster oven, like waffles and crumpets, doesn't retain
> heat after I cook it.

Well, when the food is ready is not when you're supposed to decide to
go take a leak. I see folks in restaurants do that all the time...
after ordering they sit there BSing for fifteen minutes but then as
soon as the food arrives is when all the females deside to go take a
fifteen minute group pee... no wonder the food gets cold... and why
can't females pee on their own... really... and it's not like females
need to find it... and they typically have that string tied to it
anyway! LOL

Use warmed plates and serve heated syrup.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 18, 10:48*am, brooklyn1 > wrote:
> "Christopher M." wrote:
>
> >The food from my toaster oven, like waffles and crumpets, doesn't retain
> > heat after I cook it.

> Well, when the food is ready is not when you're supposed to decide to
> go take a leak. *I see folks in restaurants do that all the time...
> after ordering they sit there BSing for fifteen minutes but then as
> soon as the food arrives is when all the females deside to go take a
> fifteen minute group pee... no wonder the food gets cold... and why
> can't females pee on their own...

Hell if I know. And why do they talk while they're peeing? Can't
they shut up for two minutes?

Cindy Hamilton

>really... and it's not like females
> need to find it... and they typically have that string tied to it
> anyway! LOL
>
> Use warmed plates and serve heated syrup.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
Cindy Hamilton > wrote:

> > Well, when the food is ready is not when you're supposed to decide to
> > go take a leak. *I see folks in restaurants do that all the time...
> > after ordering they sit there BSing for fifteen minutes but then as
> > soon as the food arrives is when all the females deside to go take a
> > fifteen minute group pee... no wonder the food gets cold... and why
> > can't females pee on their own...

> Hell if I know. And why do they talk while they're peeing? Can't
> they shut up for two minutes?
>
> Cindy Hamilton

They are freshening their makeup and talking about men. ;-)
It's more than about taking a pee!
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 18, 6:51*am, Omelet > wrote:
> In article >,
> *sf > wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 22:31:49 -0500, "Christopher M."
> > > wrote:

> > >My toaster oven's on the fritz. The temp is already lowered and the baking
> > >time increased.

> > If your toaster oven is broken and doesn't cook properly, there is no
> > way we can help you. *Replace it.

> It's not like they are expensive...
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> "Human nature seems to be to control other people until they put their foot down." *
> --Steve Rothstein
>
> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
>
> Subscribe:

They are if you're poor.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 18 Dec 2009 13:44:18 -0800 (PST), Chemo the Clown
> wrote:

>On Dec 18, 6:51*am, Omelet > wrote:
>> In article >,
>> *sf > wrote:
>>
>> > On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 22:31:49 -0500, "Christopher M."

>> > If your toaster oven is broken and doesn't cook properly, there is no
>> > way we can help you. *Replace it.

>> It's not like they are expensive...
>> --
>> Peace! Om
>>
>> "Human nature seems to be to control other people until they put their foot down." *
>> --Steve Rothstein
>>
>> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
>>
>> Subscribe:

>They are if you're poor.

A person that poor would have better priorities, cancel his internet
subscription for a month and buy a new toaster oven.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 18 Dec 2009 10:00:39 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Dec 18, 10:48*am, brooklyn1 > wrote:
>> "Christopher M." wrote:
>>
>> >The food from my toaster oven, like waffles and crumpets, doesn't retain
>> > heat after I cook it.

>> Well, when the food is ready is not when you're supposed to decide to
>> go take a leak. *I see folks in restaurants do that all the time...
>> after ordering they sit there BSing for fifteen minutes but then as
>> soon as the food arrives is when all the females deside to go take a
>> fifteen minute group pee... no wonder the food gets cold... and why
>> can't females pee on their own...

>Hell if I know. And why do they talk while they're peeing? Can't
>they shut up for two minutes?
>
>Cindy Hamilton

My ex was known to pick up the phone and talk to her mother while
getting laid... and sheesh, all I needed was two minutes. LOL So why
is it that mother in laws know to phone while their daughter is just
starting her wifely duties, somehow they always know when DD's mouth
is full. hehe I'm positive they wish it were them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 18, 1:51*pm, sf > wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Dec 2009 13:44:18 -0800 (PST), Chemo the Clown
>

> > wrote:
> >On Dec 18, 6:51*am, Omelet > wrote:

> >> It's not like they are expensive...
> >> --
> >> Peace! Om

> >> "Human nature seems to be to control other people until they put their foot down." *
> >> --Steve Rothstein

> >> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
> >>
> >> Subscribe:

> >They are if you're poor.

> A person that poor would have better priorities, cancel his internet
> subscription for a month and buy a new toaster oven.
>
> --
> I love cooking with wine.
> Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Why don't you buy him a new one what with it be Christmas and all.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
sf > wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Dec 2009 13:44:18 -0800 (PST), Chemo the Clown
> > wrote:
>
> >On Dec 18, 6:51*am, Omelet > wrote:

> >> It's not like they are expensive...
> >> --
> >> Peace! Om
> >>
> >> "Human nature seems to be to control other people until they put their
> >> foot down." *
> >> --Steve Rothstein
> >>
> >> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
> >>
> >> Subscribe:

> >They are if you're poor.

> A person that poor would have better priorities, cancel his internet
> subscription for a month and buy a new toaster oven.

I agree!
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 18 Dec 2009 15:29:59 -0800 (PST), Chemo the Clown
> wrote:

>On Dec 18, 1:51*pm, sf > wrote:
>> On Fri, 18 Dec 2009 13:44:18 -0800 (PST), Chemo the Clown
>>

>> > wrote:

>> >They are if you're poor.

>> A person that poor would have better priorities, cancel his internet
>> subscription for a month and buy a new toaster oven.
>>
>> --
>> I love cooking with wine.
>> Sometimes I even put it in the food.

>Why don't you buy him a new one what with it be Christmas and all.

He's not on my priority list. Maybe his mommy can buy one for him.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 18, 1:44*pm, Chemo the Clown > wrote:
> On Dec 18, 6:51*am, Omelet > wrote:
>

> > In article >,
> > *sf > wrote:

> > > On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 22:31:49 -0500, "Christopher M."

> > > If your toaster oven is broken and doesn't cook properly, there is no
> > > way we can help you. *Replace it.

> > It's not like they are expensive...
> > --
> > Peace! Om

> > "Human nature seems to be to control other people until they put their foot down." *
> > --Steve Rothstein

> > Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
> >
> > Subscribe:

> They are if you're poor.

Not if you are a good shopper. Nobody said it had to be new. I got my
first toaster oven from somebody via freecycle. It worked great,
though it wasn't as large I wanted. This summer, I found a really nice
one for $15. Sells new for $100. It's big enough to fit my casserole
dish and medium size pans. I can roast a turkey breast in it or cook
half a decent size pizza (I can't eat a whole one, so half is just
fine for me anyway. It works great in my kitchenette area. Heats up
super fast, and everything cooks perfectly. And my food stays hot
pretty well as I often have to wait a few minutes for it to cool down
a bit.

I then sold my old smaller toaster oven for $10. So, my upgrade to a
really nice toaster oven only cost me $5.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 18 Dec 2009 17:38:20 -0500, brooklyn1 wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Dec 2009 10:00:39 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:

>>> Well, when the food is ready is not when you're supposed to decide to
>>> go take a leak. *I see folks in restaurants do that all the time...
>>> after ordering they sit there BSing for fifteen minutes but then as
>>> soon as the food arrives is when all the females deside to go take a
>>> fifteen minute group pee... no wonder the food gets cold... and why
>>> can't females pee on their own...

>>Hell if I know. And why do they talk while they're peeing? Can't
>>they shut up for two minutes?
>>
>>Cindy Hamilton

> My ex was known to pick up the phone and talk to her mother while
> getting laid... and sheesh, all I needed was two minutes.

this is the most believable thing you've said in years.

blake