Kent H.

Default GE Monogram side by side versus bottom freezer?

Hi everybody:
Does anyone have an opinion about a side by side versus a top/bottom GE
Monogram freezer? Our kitchen will only take 36".
Thanks for your thoughts.
Kent
Harvey R. Stone

"Kent H." > wrote in message
> Hi everybody:
> Does anyone have an opinion about a side by side versus a top/bottom GE
> Monogram freezer? Our kitchen will only take 36".
> Thanks for your thoughts.
> Kent

Years ago we had a side by side and over a period of time I grew to dislike
it. The freezer was too narrow. We also can only have a 36 inch. Now we have
a bottom freezer Amana. We got off to a rocky start, I even asked advice of
this newsgroup ( they were super helpful) but I can say without a doubt in
the world, I love this bottom freezer Amana. I wish the freezer part was
bigger but the most important for us was a ref. that was easy to use. Stuff
doesn't get lost in there. We have an ice maker and filtered water in the
top part.
Phyl

SCUBApix

"Kent H." > wrote in message
> Hi everybody:
> Does anyone have an opinion about a side by side versus a top/bottom GE
> Monogram freezer? Our kitchen will only take 36".
> Thanks for your thoughts.
> Kent

We recently finished a kitchen remodeling and kept the old side by side
simply because we had spent enough and it works fine. But we will be
replacing it in the semi-near future. What we have decided is that neither a
side by side nor a bottom freezer is sufficient. We have an upright freezer
in the garage. Without that, we don't know what we would do. YMMV, but
consider that as an option and then just get whichever refrigerator/freezer
combination you like best.

P.S. I did find a 20 cf refrigerator-only at sears. We will have to check
that possibiity out further.

Kenneth

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 09:54:03 -0500, "SCUBApix"
> wrote:

>"Kent H." > wrote in message
>> Hi everybody:
>> Does anyone have an opinion about a side by side versus a top/bottom GE
>> Monogram freezer? Our kitchen will only take 36".
>> Thanks for your thoughts.
>> Kent

>We recently finished a kitchen remodeling and kept the old side by side
>simply because we had spent enough and it works fine. But we will be
>replacing it in the semi-near future. What we have decided is that neither a
>side by side nor a bottom freezer is sufficient. We have an upright freezer
>in the garage. Without that, we don't know what we would do. YMMV, but
>consider that as an option and then just get whichever refrigerator/freezer
>combination you like best.
>
>P.S. I did find a 20 cf refrigerator-only at sears. We will have to check
>that possibiity out further.

Howdy,

Here's my 2 cents...

We got a side by side about three years ago. I am eager to replace it.
We use the freezer portion perhaps once for every fifty (or more)
times we access the fridge side. The configuration of the fridge side
is a constant annoyance.

I would definitely prefer a bottom freezer were we to replace the
unit.

All the best,
--
Kenneth

Best side ever dalep General Cooking 75 24-06-2014 09:29 PM
Monogram Vernis,Monogram Multicolor,Monogram Leopard,EpiLeather,Damier Geant Canvas,Monogram Vienna,Taiga Leather [email protected] General Cooking 0 21-12-2007 07:12 AM
What to put on the side? Jude General Cooking 19 26-01-2006 01:54 AM
Black Assam and English Breakfast side-by-side toci Tea 1 08-10-2005 05:40 PM
Question on a Side-by-Side Refrig. Vox Humana Cooking Equipment 4 03-12-2003 03:40 AM