Vox Humana

Default Question on a Side-by-Side Refrig.

"GNorth" > wrote in message

> Are there any models of side-by-side refrigerators that do not exceed
> 67 inches high (excluding the hinge)? A relative of mine is wanting
> to replace an existing one that is about 66 1/4 high (it is about 25
> years old if not older) and there are space constraints due to an
> overhead cabinet.

Whirlpool has a few models under 67 inches. You can check them out he
http://www.whirlpool.com/cgi-bin/nco... frigerators#1

I did a quick look at Amana, but they all were 70 inches. Since Kitchen Aid
and many Kenmore units are made by Whirlpool, they probably also have units
that will meet your needs. All of the major manufactures have websites that
list their products and give dimensions.

Gini

"GNorth" > wrote in message

> Are there any models of side-by-side refrigerators that do not exceed
> 67 inches high (excluding the hinge)? A relative of mine is wanting
> to replace an existing one that is about 66 1/4 high (it is about 25
> years old if not older) and there are space constraints due to an
> overhead cabinet.
>
> Thanks
> Gnorth

==
Have they ruled out moving the cabinet? They are usually easy to remove.
==

LIMEYNO1

I had a side by side and would never own one again. Particularly if it's
narrow. Getting in and out of that thing you had to be a contortionist. We
now have a Woods Frig only type.

"GNorth" > wrote in message

> Are there any models of side-by-side refrigerators that do not exceed
> 67 inches high (excluding the hinge)? A relative of mine is wanting
> to replace an existing one that is about 66 1/4 high (it is about 25
> years old if not older) and there are space constraints due to an
> overhead cabinet.
>
> Thanks
> Gnorth

LIMEYNO1

Since we had two freezers anyway, I find that the Freezer free models are
excellent and a lot less work to look after.

"GNorth" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 2 Dec 2003 09:15:28 -0500, "LIMEYNO1" >
> wrote:
>
> >I had a side by side and would never own one again. Particularly if it's
> >narrow. Getting in and out of that thing you had to be a contortionist.

We
> >now have a Woods Frig only type.
> >
> >"GNorth" > wrote in message
> .. .
> >>

> >> Are there any models of side-by-side refrigerators that do not exceed
> >> 67 inches high (excluding the hinge)? A relative of mine is wanting
> >> to replace an existing one that is about 66 1/4 high (it is about 25
> >> years old if not older) and there are space constraints due to an
> >> overhead cabinet.
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> Gnorth

> You and me both
>
> It isn't for me - I bought one about about 2 years ago and find I hate
> it - not enough room, not wide enough (unless you want to pay a
> fortune for one of the weird shaped ones

Edwin Pawlowski

> "GNorth" > wrote in message
> > Are there any models of side-by-side refrigerators that do not exceed
> > 67 inches high (excluding the hinge)? A relative of mine is wanting
> > to replace an existing one that is about 66 1/4 high (it is about 25
> > years old if not older) and there are space constraints due to an
> > overhead cabinet.

All the major appliance makers have web pages. You can get the
specifications and sizes with a few minutes of searching.

Amana is 70", but Whirlpool does have a couple that meet your needs.
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome