Dan Williams

Default Electric Cheese Grater

Does anyone know if there's a decent electric cheese grater available to
buy in the UK?

Surely there must be some sort of gadget that can take away the effort of
having to grate a slab of cheddar??? I've seen in supermarkets that you can
buy packs of cheese already grated, but this is just far too lazy (and
probably expensive!!)

Anyone know where i can order one from and have any good experiences using
it?

--

Thanks in advance

Dan Williams
Dave Fawthrop

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 14:12:16 +0000 (UTC), Dan Williams
> wrote:

| Does anyone know if there's a decent electric cheese grater available to
| buy in the UK?
|
| Surely there must be some sort of gadget that can take away the effort of
| having to grate a slab of cheddar??? I've seen in supermarkets that you can
| buy packs of cheese already grated, but this is just far too lazy (and
| probably expensive!!)
|
| Anyone know where i can order one from and have any good experiences using
| it?

We use a Magimix 5100,
One kilogram cut into five.
Brrp, Brrp, Brrp, Brrp, Brrp, Done apart from washing up.

May be a bit expensive though :-(
I will also do most other mixing, slicing, grating,
juicing jobs as well :-)

--
Dave Fawthrop > Killfile and Anti Troll FAQs
at http://www.hyphenologist.co.uk/killfile.

Kate Dicey

Dan Williams wrote:

> Does anyone know if there's a decent electric cheese grater available to
> buy in the UK?
>
> Surely there must be some sort of gadget that can take away the effort of
> having to grate a slab of cheddar??? I've seen in supermarkets that you can
> buy packs of cheese already grated, but this is just far too lazy (and
> probably expensive!!)
>
> Anyone know where i can order one from and have any good experiences using
> it?
>
> --
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Dan Williams

It's called a food processor. Most come with grating disks of various
sizes.
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
June Hughes

In message >, Dan Williams
> writes
>Does anyone know if there's a decent electric cheese grater available to
>buy in the UK?
>
>Surely there must be some sort of gadget that can take away the effort of
>having to grate a slab of cheddar??? I've seen in supermarkets that you can
>buy packs of cheese already grated, but this is just far too lazy (and
>probably expensive!!)
>
>Anyone know where i can order one from and have any good experiences using
>it?

If I have a lot of cheese to do, I use the Magimix but if that is all
you are going to use it for, it works out a bit expensive.
--
June Hughes
Nancy Young

Dan Williams wrote:

> Does anyone know if there's a decent electric cheese grater available to
> buy in the UK?
>
> Surely there must be some sort of gadget that can take away the effort of
> having to grate a slab of cheddar??? I've seen in supermarkets that you can
> buy packs of cheese already grated, but this is just far too lazy (and
> probably expensive!!)
>
> Anyone know where i can order one from and have any good experiences using
> it?

I don't have one, but seems like people use them to grate cheese ...
do they sell Salad Shooters in the UK?

nancy

June Hughes

In message >, Nancy Young
> writes
>Dan Williams wrote:
>>
>> Does anyone know if there's a decent electric cheese grater available to
>> buy in the UK?
>>
>> Surely there must be some sort of gadget that can take away the effort of
>> having to grate a slab of cheddar??? I've seen in supermarkets that you can
>> buy packs of cheese already grated, but this is just far too lazy (and
>> probably expensive!!)
>>
>> Anyone know where i can order one from and have any good experiences using
>> it?

>I don't have one, but seems like people use them to grate cheese ...
>do they sell Salad Shooters in the UK?
>
>nancy

I don't think we have them here. What exactly are they, please?
--
June Hughes
S Viemeister

June Hughes wrote:

> In message ?, Nancy Young
> ? writes
> ?Dan Williams wrote:
> ??
> ?? Does anyone know if there's a decent electric cheese grater available to
> ?? buy in the UK?
> ??
> ?? Surely there must be some sort of gadget that can take away the effort of
> ?? having to grate a slab of cheddar??? I've seen in supermarkets that you can
> ?? buy packs of cheese already grated, but this is just far too lazy (and
> ?? probably expensive!!)
> ??
> ?? Anyone know where i can order one from and have any good experiences using
> ?? it?
> ?
> ?I don't have one, but seems like people use them to grate cheese ...
> ?do they sell Salad Shooters in the UK?
> ?
> ?nancy
> I don't think we have them here. What exactly are they, please?
> --
> June Hughes

Large-drum rotary grater. Powered, I believe.

Kate Dicey

Dave Fawthrop wrote:

> We use a Magimix 5100,
> One kilogram cut into five.
> Brrp, Brrp, Brrp, Brrp, Brrp, Done apart from washing up.

That's what I use too - and all the bits go in the dishwasher, so
washing up is no problem!

> May be a bit expensive though :-(
> I will also do most other mixing, slicing, grating,
> juicing jobs as well :-)

Love my juicer! And I didn't think it was an expensive machine for the
use I give it!

--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Nancy Young

June Hughes wrote:

> In message >, Nancy Young

> >I don't have one, but seems like people use them to grate cheese ...
> >do they sell Salad Shooters in the UK?

> I don't think we have them here. What exactly are they, please?

It's an electric device that you use to slice and shred for salads,
whatever. I went to http://www.saladshooter.com for a joke, sure
enough they have a site. Look around and you'll find a picture of
one. I have no idea if they make them for use in the UK.

nancy
Phil C.

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 09:32:35 -0500, Nancy Young
> wrote:

>Dan Williams wrote:
>>
>> Does anyone know if there's a decent electric cheese grater available to
>> buy in the UK?
>>
>> Surely there must be some sort of gadget that can take away the effort of
>> having to grate a slab of cheddar??? I've seen in supermarkets that you can
>> buy packs of cheese already grated, but this is just far too lazy (and
>> probably expensive!!)
>>
>> Anyone know where i can order one from and have any good experiences using
>> it?

>I don't have one, but seems like people use them to grate cheese ...
>do they sell Salad Shooters in the UK?

Nah - the gun laws are very strict and salads are a protected species.
--
Phil C.

Ophelia

"Phil C." > wrote in message

> Nah - the gun laws are very strict and salads are a protected species.

Pah.. just not fair is it? )

June Hughes

In message >, S Viemeister
> writes
>June Hughes wrote:
>>
>> In message ?, Nancy Young
>> ? writes
>> ?Dan Williams wrote:
>> ??
>> ?? Does anyone know if there's a decent electric cheese grater available to
>> ?? buy in the UK?
>> ??
>> ?? Surely there must be some sort of gadget that can take away the effort of
>> ?? having to grate a slab of cheddar??? I've seen in supermarkets
>>that you can
>> ?? buy packs of cheese already grated, but this is just far too lazy (and
>> ?? probably expensive!!)
>> ??
>> ?? Anyone know where i can order one from and have any good experiences using
>> ?? it?
>> ?
>> ?I don't have one, but seems like people use them to grate cheese ...
>> ?do they sell Salad Shooters in the UK?
>> ?
>> ?nancy
>> I don't think we have them here. What exactly are they, please?
>> --
>> June Hughes

>Large-drum rotary grater. Powered, I believe.

Oh thanks. I don't see that I need one of those. (Can't believe I said
that
--
June Hughes
Ardley Werphitt

"Dan Williams" > wrote in message
> Does anyone know if there's a decent electric cheese grater available to
> buy in the UK?
>
> Surely there must be some sort of gadget that can take away the effort of
> having to grate a slab of cheddar??? I've seen in supermarkets that you

can
> buy packs of cheese already grated, but this is just far too lazy (and
> probably expensive!!)
>
> Anyone know where i can order one from and have any good experiences using
> it?
>
> --
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Dan Williams

We have a 20 year old mouli grater which does the job just fine for two or
three sandwiches - of course if you have to grate a few tons of cheese I
suppose it *might* be worth getting an electric version.

Have found its still available

Ardley

June Hughes

In message >, Nancy Young
> writes
>June Hughes wrote:
>>
>> In message >, Nancy Young

>> >I don't have one, but seems like people use them to grate cheese ...
>> >do they sell Salad Shooters in the UK?

>> I don't think we have them here. What exactly are they, please?

>It's an electric device that you use to slice and shred for salads,
>whatever. I went to http://www.saladshooter.com for a joke, sure
>enough they have a site. Look around and you'll find a picture of
>one. I have no idea if they make them for use in the UK.
>
>nancy

Thanks Nancy. Looks a bit like the slicer Kenwood brought out before
Christmas. I have an attachment for the KitchenAid that does similar
things but it is never used - mainly because by the time I have got it
out and attached to the mixer, I could have done the job by hand.
--
June Hughes
Dan Williams

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 14:25:03 +0000, Kate Dicey wrote:

> It's called a food processor. Most come with grating disks of various
> sizes.

I was wondering if there was anything smaller than a full size food
processor, made just for grating cheese.

By the time i've got it out the cupboard, put the right attachment on to
it, i could have done the job by hand.
--

Thanks in advance

Dan Williams

S Viemeister

June Hughes wrote:

> In message ?, S Viemeister
> ? writes
> ?June Hughes wrote:
> ??
> ?? In message ?, Nancy Young
> ?? ? writes
> ?? ?Dan Williams wrote:
> ?? ??
> ?? ?? Does anyone know if there's a decent electric cheese grater available to
> ?? ?? buy in the UK?
> ?? ??
> ?? ?? Surely there must be some sort of gadget that can take away the effort of
> ?? ?? having to grate a slab of cheddar??? I've seen in supermarkets
> ??that you can
> ?? ?? buy packs of cheese already grated, but this is just far too lazy (and
> ?? ?? probably expensive!!)
> ?? ??
> ?? ?? Anyone know where i can order one from and have any good experiences using
> ?? ?? it?
> ?? ?
> ?? ?I don't have one, but seems like people use them to grate cheese ...
> ?? ?do they sell Salad Shooters in the UK?
> ?? ?
> ?? ?nancy
> ?? I don't think we have them here. What exactly are they, please?
> ?? --
> ?? June Hughes
> ?
> ?Large-drum rotary grater. Powered, I believe.
> ?
> Oh thanks. I don't see that I need one of those. (Can't believe I said
> that

I have the rotary attachment for my KitchenAid - so I don't need the Salad
Shooter, either!

Sheila

Dave Fawthrop

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 17:28:34 +0000 (UTC), Dan Williams
> wrote:

| On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 14:25:03 +0000, Kate Dicey wrote:
|

| > It's called a food processor. Most come with grating disks of various
| > sizes.
|
| I was wondering if there was anything smaller than a full size food
| processor, made just for grating cheese.
|
| By the time i've got it out the cupboard, put the right attachment on to
| it, i could have done the job by hand.

Which is why we buy cooking cheese in 1kg lumps. Then we store the result
in the freezer in 500g margerine tubs.

--
Dave Fawthrop > Killfile and Anti Troll FAQs
at http://www.hyphenologist.co.uk/killfile.
Some posters object to these FAQS and post lies about me :-(
I wonder why? ;o)

Judith Umbria

"Dan Williams" > wrote in message
> Does anyone know if there's a decent electric cheese grater available to
> buy in the UK?
> Dan Williams

If you have lots to grate, the shredder disk on a food processor works well.
The electric graters we use for parmigiano don't work on softer cheeses
worth a darn.
I sometimes use the Mouli, but it clogs, does small pieces at a time and
generally isn't all that efficient.

June Hughes

In message >, Dave Fawthrop
> writes
>On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 17:28:34 +0000 (UTC), Dan Williams
> wrote:
>
>| On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 14:25:03 +0000, Kate Dicey wrote:
>|

>| > It's called a food processor. Most come with grating disks of various
>| > sizes.
>|
>| I was wondering if there was anything smaller than a full size food
>| processor, made just for grating cheese.
>|
>| By the time i've got it out the cupboard, put the right attachment on to
>| it, i could have done the job by hand.
>
>Which is why we buy cooking cheese in 1kg lumps. Then we store the result
>in the freezer in 500g margerine tubs.

What do you define as 'cooking cheese'?
--
June Hughes
June Hughes

In message >, S Viemeister
> writes
>June Hughes wrote:
>>
>> In message ?, S Viemeister
>> ? writes
>> ?June Hughes wrote:
>> ??
>> ?? In message ?, Nancy Young
>> ?? ? writes
>> ?? ?Dan Williams wrote:
>> ?? ??
>> ?? ?? Does anyone know if there's a decent electric cheese grater
>>available to
>> ?? ?? buy in the UK?
>> ?? ??
>> ?? ?? Surely there must be some sort of gadget that can take away the
>>effort of
>> ?? ?? having to grate a slab of cheddar??? I've seen in supermarkets
>> ??that you can
>> ?? ?? buy packs of cheese already grated, but this is just far too lazy (and
>> ?? ?? probably expensive!!)
>> ?? ??
>> ?? ?? Anyone know where i can order one from and have any good
>>experiences using
>> ?? ?? it?
>> ?? ?
>> ?? ?I don't have one, but seems like people use them to grate cheese ...
>> ?? ?do they sell Salad Shooters in the UK?
>> ?? ?
>> ?? ?nancy
>> ?? I don't think we have them here. What exactly are they, please?
>> ?? --
>> ?? June Hughes
>> ?
>> ?Large-drum rotary grater. Powered, I believe.
>> ?
>> Oh thanks. I don't see that I need one of those. (Can't believe I said
>> that
>>

>I have the rotary attachment for my KitchenAid - so I don't need the Salad
>Shooter, either!

That's what I said somewhere else in this thread (can't remember where
but I'm sure I did). It takes so long to put on to the KitchenAid that
I don't bother with it much. However, it works well and if I used it
more I would improve at fitting it in a speedier fashion.
--
June Hughes

June Hughes

In message >, Judith Umbria
> writes
>
>"Dan Williams" > wrote in message
.. .
>> Does anyone know if there's a decent electric cheese grater available to
>> buy in the UK?
>> Dan Williams

>If you have lots to grate, the shredder disk on a food processor works well.
>The electric graters we use for parmigiano don't work on softer cheeses
>worth a darn.
>I sometimes use the Mouli, but it clogs, does small pieces at a time and
>generally isn't all that efficient.

I used to use the magimix for parmesan using the parmesan disc but these
days use an Alessi grater-thingy, which all the family use at mealtimes.
It grates easily and finely. However, most of the time, we just shave
the parmesan off with a potato peeler.
--
June Hughes
Dave Fawthrop

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 18:33:02 +0000, June Hughes
> wrote:

| In message >, Dave Fawthrop
| > writes
| >On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 17:28:34 +0000 (UTC), Dan Williams
| > wrote:
| >
| >| On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 14:25:03 +0000, Kate Dicey wrote:
| >|

> [...]
| >|
| >| I was wondering if there was anything smaller than a full size food
| >| processor, made just for grating cheese.
| >|
| >| By the time i've got it out the cupboard, put the right attachment on to
| >| it, i could have done the job by hand.
| >
| >Which is why we buy cooking cheese in 1kg lumps. Then we store the result
| >in the freezer in 500g margerine tubs.
| >
| What do you define as 'cooking cheese'?

White Cheddar from Lidl.
For eating we have better cheese.

Dave F

June Hughes

In message >, Dave Fawthrop
> writes
>On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 18:33:02 +0000, June Hughes
> wrote:
>
>| In message >, Dave Fawthrop
>| > writes

>| >|

>| >|
>| >|

>| >Which is why we buy cooking cheese in 1kg lumps. Then we store the result
>| >in the freezer in 500g margerine tubs.
>| >
>| What do you define as 'cooking cheese'?
>
>White Cheddar from Lidl.
>For eating we have better cheese.

Yuk! You get out what you puts in(
--
June Hughes
S Viemeister

June Hughes wrote:

> In message >, S Viemeister
> > writes
> >I have the rotary attachment for my KitchenAid - so I don't need the Salad
> >Shooter, either!
> >

> That's what I said somewhere else in this thread (can't remember where
> but I'm sure I did). It takes so long to put on to the KitchenAid that
> I don't bother with it much. However, it works well and if I used it
> more I would improve at fitting it in a speedier fashion.

Well, I must admit that I don't use mine very often - only when I have
enormous quatities to do. For lesser amounts, I use my Cuisinart food
processor.

Sheila

Kate Dicey

Ophelia wrote:

> "Phil C." > wrote in message
>
> > Nah - the gun laws are very strict and salads are a protected species.

> Pah.. just not fair is it? )

You ARE allowed to use a bowandarrers on certain Sunday afternoons...

--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

Kate Dicey

S Viemeister wrote:

> I have the rotary attachment for my KitchenAid - so I don't need the Salad
> Shooter, either!

Like the 'slicer & shredder' for the Kenwood Chef? Mum has one of
those... Don't think she's used it much in the last 20 years, but for
the 15 or so before that, it got used regularly! I well remember making
cole slaw by the gallon for squadron parties, munching up crab apples
for Dad's wine making, and slicing garden produce for the freezer by the
tub-load!

Oh yes... and grating up 5 kilos of cheese for I-dunno-how-much
lasagne!

--
Kate XXXXXX (Wishing she had room for the Kenwood along side the
Magimix!)
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Kate Dicey

Dave Fawthrop wrote:

> | What do you define as 'cooking cheese'?
>
> White Cheddar from Lidl.
> For eating we have better cheese.

Basic Tesco's mousetrap - the 'mature' one. Good enough to nibble at
too...

--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Kate Dicey

Dan Williams wrote:

> I was wondering if there was anything smaller than a full size food
> processor, made just for grating cheese.
>
> By the time i've got it out the cupboard, put the right attachment on to
> it, i could have done the job by hand.

Keep it out on the work surface! Mine lives out, along with the kettle
and the Bamix. The Toaster lives in the cupboard...

--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
June Hughes

In message >, Kate Dicey
> writes
>Dan Williams wrote:
>
>> I was wondering if there was anything smaller than a full size food
>> processor, made just for grating cheese.
>>
>> By the time i've got it out the cupboard, put the right attachment on to
>> it, i could have done the job by hand.

>Keep it out on the work surface! Mine lives out, along with the kettle
>and the Bamix. The Toaster lives in the cupboard...

Wish I could. Work surface is tiny. (Kitchen around 8'6" at most by 6'

--
June Hughes
June Hughes

In message >, Kate Dicey
> writes
>S Viemeister wrote:
>
>> I have the rotary attachment for my KitchenAid - so I don't need the Salad
>> Shooter, either!

>Like the 'slicer & shredder' for the Kenwood Chef? Mum has one of
>those... Don't think she's used it much in the last 20 years, but for
>the 15 or so before that, it got used regularly! I well remember making
>cole slaw by the gallon for squadron parties, munching up crab apples
>for Dad's wine making, and slicing garden produce for the freezer by the
>tub-load!
>
>Oh yes... and grating up 5 kilos of cheese for I-dunno-how-much
>lasagne!
>>
>> Sheila

<G> I had one of those. Sigh!...................
--
June Hughes

notbob

On 2004-01-22, Kate Dicey > wrote:

> Like the 'slicer & shredder' for the Kenwood Chef? Mum has one of
> those...

I've got a question for you. Are all those attachments still available for
the Kenwood mixer? I've got a Kenwood I bought when Rival was rebranding
them and selling them here in the States. I got the coffee grinder and the
spice grinder attachments, but when Rival stopped selling them we lost the
source. I've never seen the full range of attachments anywhere again,
including the net.

nb
Kate Dicey

notbob wrote:

> On 2004-01-22, Kate Dicey > wrote:
>
> > Like the 'slicer & shredder' for the Kenwood Chef? Mum has one of
> > those...

> I've got a question for you. Are all those attachments still available for
> the Kenwood mixer? I've got a Kenwood I bought when Rival was rebranding
> them and selling them here in the States. I got the coffee grinder and the
> spice grinder attachments, but when Rival stopped selling them we lost the
> source. I've never seen the full range of attachments anywhere again,
> including the net.
>
> nb

Look he http://www.kenwood.co.uk/clever/kframes.htm

Doesn't look like they still do the slicer and shredder or the potato
peeler, but they do some things. You can jump to the Kenwood home page
from this one, and have a go at asking them...
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
The Heap

Dan Williams > wrote in message >. ..
> Does anyone know if there's a decent electric cheese grater available to
> buy in the UK?
>
> Surely there must be some sort of gadget that can take away the effort of
> having to grate a slab of cheddar??? I've seen in supermarkets that you can
> buy packs of cheese already grated, but this is just far too lazy (and
> probably expensive!!)
>
> Anyone know where i can order one from and have any good experiences using
> it?

Dan, the Black and Decker company makes a gadget called the "Gizmo
Grater" which is exactly the item you are describing a need for. It is
a hand held, electric, cheese grater. You can purchase it from
Amazon.com for $24.99 (U.S currency). I swear, the "regular" geniuses
in this newsgroup would rather see how many posts they can accumulate
in a years time than give a simple answer to a simple question. The
gadget does work well.

The Heap
Nancy Young

The Heap wrote:

> Dan, the Black and Decker company makes a gadget called the "Gizmo
> Grater" which is exactly the item you are describing a need for. It is
> a hand held, electric, cheese grater. You can purchase it from
> Amazon.com for $24.99 (U.S currency). I swear, the "regular" geniuses
> in this newsgroup would rather see how many posts they can accumulate
> in a years time than give a simple answer to a simple question. The
> gadget does work well.

So, will it work in the UK?

nancy
S Viemeister

Nancy Young wrote:

> The Heap wrote:
>
> > Dan, the Black and Decker company makes a gadget called the "Gizmo
> > Grater" which is exactly the item you are describing a need for. It is
> > a hand held, electric, cheese grater. You can purchase it from
> > Amazon.com for $24.99 (U.S currency). I swear, the "regular" geniuses
> > in this newsgroup would rather see how many posts they can accumulate
> > in a years time than give a simple answer to a simple question. The
> > gadget does work well.

> So, will it work in the UK?

With a converter and plug adaptor.

notbob

On 2004-01-22, Kate Dicey > wrote:

> Look he http://www.kenwood.co.uk/clever/kframes.htm
>
> Doesn't look like they still do the slicer and shredder or the potato
> peeler, but they do some things. You can jump to the Kenwood home page
> from this one, and have a go at asking them...

Yes, they do still potato peeler, but that's still only about 9 of the
original 15-16 they used to offer. Oh well. Thank you for the link.

nb
Dave Fawthrop

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 21:10:31 +0000, June Hughes
> wrote:

| In message >, Dave Fawthrop
| > writes
| >On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 18:33:02 +0000, June Hughes
| > wrote:
| >
| >| In message >, Dave Fawthrop

| >| What do you define as 'cooking cheese'?
| >
| >White Cheddar from Lidl.
| >For eating we have better cheese.
| >
| Yuk! You get out what you puts in(

Does very well on top of Pasta Bakes and the like.
At the Curry Project they insist on well browned cheese, for pasta bakes.
Without it they are not that interested.

Dave F

Dave Fawthrop

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 19:44:32 -0500, Nancy Young >
wrote:

| The Heap wrote:
|
| > Dan, the Black and Decker company makes a gadget called the "Gizmo
| > Grater" which is exactly the item you are describing a need for. It is
| > a hand held, electric, cheese grater. You can purchase it from
| > Amazon.com for $24.99 (U.S currency). I swear, the "regular" geniuses
| > in this newsgroup would rather see how many posts they can accumulate
| > in a years time than give a simple answer to a simple question. The
| > gadget does work well.
|
| So, will it work in the UK?

It must work on 220 - 240 volts 50 cps supply.

Dave F

Reid

Following up to Dan Williams

>Does anyone know if there's a decent electric cheese grater available to
>buy in the UK?

There is probably something in Nisbits on line catalogue if such
a thing exists, but unless disabled I think its a bad thing to
use power and machinery for what muscle can do.
--
Mike Reid
"Art is the lie that reveals the truth" P.Picasso
Dave Fawthrop

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 10:46:52 +0000, Reid > wrote:

| Following up to Dan Williams
|
| >Does anyone know if there's a decent electric cheese grater available to
| >buy in the UK?
|
| There is probably something in Nisbits on line catalogue if such
| a thing exists, but unless disabled I think its a bad thing to
| use power and machinery for what muscle can do.

You walk or cycle *everywhere*?

You want to go back to an Victorian/Edwardian Kitchen? Edwardian Country
House reruns regularly. As does that family who live in a Victorian
house, forgotten the name :-(

I was brought up during WWII without all kitchen machinery, life was
*hard*.

Davve F