June Hughes

Default Electric Cheese Grater

In message >, Dave Fawthrop
> writes
>On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 10:46:52 +0000, Reid > wrote:
>
>| Following up to Dan Williams
>|
>| >Does anyone know if there's a decent electric cheese grater available to
>| >buy in the UK?
>|
>| There is probably something in Nisbits on line catalogue if such
>| a thing exists, but unless disabled I think its a bad thing to
>| use power and machinery for what muscle can do.
>
>You walk or cycle *everywhere*?
>
>You want to go back to an Victorian/Edwardian Kitchen? Edwardian Country
>House reruns regularly. As does that family who live in a Victorian
>house, forgotten the name :-(
>
>I was brought up during WWII without all kitchen machinery, life was
>*hard*.
>
>Davve F

We lived in a hole at the bottom of the garden. Life was *very hard*.
--
June Hughes
Ophelia

wrote:

> >| Following up to Dan Williams

> >| There is probably something in Nisbits on line catalogue if such
> >| a thing exists, but unless disabled I think its a bad thing to
> >| use power and machinery for what muscle can do.
> >
> >You walk or cycle *everywhere*?
> >
> >You want to go back to an Victorian/Edwardian Kitchen? Edwardian Country
> >House reruns regularly. As does that family who live in a Victorian
> >house, forgotten the name :-(
> >
> >I was brought up during WWII without all kitchen machinery, life was
> >*hard*.
> >
> >Davve F
> >

> We lived in a hole at the bottom of the garden. Life was *very hard*.
> --

A HOLE???????? We used to DREAM of a hole

Phil C.

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 12:44:33 -0000, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

>"June Hughes" > wrote in message
>> In message >, Dave Fawthrop
>> > writes

>> >You walk or cycle *everywhere*?
>> >
>> >You want to go back to an Victorian/Edwardian Kitchen? Edwardian Country
>> >House reruns regularly. As does that family who live in a Victorian
>> >house, forgotten the name :-(
>> >
>> >I was brought up during WWII without all kitchen machinery, life was
>> >*hard*.
>> >
>> >Davve F
>> >

>> We lived in a hole at the bottom of the garden. Life was *very hard*.
>> --

>A HOLE???????? We used to DREAM of a hole

You were allowed _dreams_?????! We would have dreamed of dreams if
only we'd had the dreams to dream them with.
--
Phil C.
Blanche Nonken

Reid > wrote:

> Following up to Dan Williams
>
> >Does anyone know if there's a decent electric cheese grater available to
> >buy in the UK?

> There is probably something in Nisbits on line catalogue if such
> a thing exists, but unless disabled I think its a bad thing to
> use power and machinery for what muscle can do.

I use a simple box grater for anything small enough to fit in my hand;
anything that I have to cut up first I use the Cuisinart.

IKEA sells an oval grater/container combination; I don't much like it
for myself but I tried it at a friend's house. It's cheap, effective
for small amounts, and *quite* sharp.
Blanche Nonken

Phil C. > wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 12:44:33 -0000, "Ophelia"
> > wrote:
>

> >"June Hughes" > wrote in message
> >> In message >, Dave Fawthrop

> >> We lived in a hole at the bottom of the garden. Life was *very hard*.
> >> --

> >A HOLE???????? We used to DREAM of a hole

> You were allowed _dreams_?????! We would have dreamed of dreams if
> only we'd had the dreams to dream them with.

Feh. You got to sleep? We used to... um... something.

Kate Dicey

notbob wrote:

> On 2004-01-22, Kate Dicey > wrote:
>
> > Look he http://www.kenwood.co.uk/clever/kframes.htm
> >
> > Doesn't look like they still do the slicer and shredder or the potato
> > peeler, but they do some things. You can jump to the Kenwood home page
> > from this one, and have a go at asking them...

> Yes, they do still potato peeler, but that's still only about 9 of the
> original 15-16 they used to offer. Oh well. Thank you for the link.
>
> nb

Tell me! Mum had a crate full of gadgets when we left Malta in 1968!
She can still get spares for her machine, so maybe if you find some
older bits on eBay... Good luck!
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Graham

"Dan Williams" > wrote in message
> Does anyone know if there's a decent electric cheese grater available to
> buy in the UK?
>
> Surely there must be some sort of gadget that can take away the effort of
> having to grate a slab of cheddar??? I've seen in supermarkets that you

can
> buy packs of cheese already grated, but this is just far too lazy (and
> probably expensive!!)
>
> Anyone know where i can order one from and have any good experiences using
> it?
>
> --
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Dan Williams

This looks like it might do the job - and more bits & pieces
besides............... www.tchibo.co.uk and look under nice price section -
£16-99.

Graham

The Heap

Nancy Young > wrote in message >...
> The Heap wrote:
>
> > Dan, the Black and Decker company makes a gadget called the "Gizmo
> > Grater" which is exactly the item you are describing a need for. It is
> > a hand held, electric, cheese grater. You can purchase it from
> > Amazon.com for $24.99 (U.S currency). I swear, the "regular" geniuses
> > in this newsgroup would rather see how many posts they can accumulate
> > in a years time than give a simple answer to a simple question. The
> > gadget does work well.

> So, will it work in the UK?
>
> nancy

The only hitch is:
If you are a US citizen in the UK with an IQ over 50 but under 100
standing on one foot and holding your mouth in just the right position
it might work provided you have naturally auburn hair.
Chalk up another useless (but still counts in the year's total)post
for "qwerty".

The Heap
congokid

In message >, June Hughes
> writes

>Wish I could. Work surface is tiny. (Kitchen around 8'6" at most by
>6'

That *is* titchy. I've got a luxurious 8'x12'.

There's even room for a small marble topped wrought iron dining table
that I nicked from Cafe de la Gare in Waterloo, and seating for four.

Out on the work surface at present is my steamer, juice extractor,
microwave and a ghastly triangular glass dish that I got as a xmas
present (haven't 'conveniently' smashed it yet) and use as a fruit bowl.

Another even more ghastly xmas present (thin glass vase in a weird metal
holder) from the cleaner is going to have to remain conspicuous for the
moment as she comes in twice a week, as long as I can remember to hide
it when I've got visitors.

--
congokid
Good restaurants in London? Number one on Google
Kate Dicey

congokid wrote:

> In message >, June Hughes
> > writes
>
> >Wish I could. Work surface is tiny. (Kitchen around 8'6" at most by
> >6'

> That *is* titchy. I've got a luxurious 8'x12'.
>
> There's even room for a small marble topped wrought iron dining table
> that I nicked from Cafe de la Gare in Waterloo, and seating for four.
>
> Out on the work surface at present is my steamer, juice extractor,
> microwave and a ghastly triangular glass dish that I got as a xmas
> present (haven't 'conveniently' smashed it yet) and use as a fruit bowl.
>
> Another even more ghastly xmas present (thin glass vase in a weird metal
> holder) from the cleaner is going to have to remain conspicuous for the
> moment as she comes in twice a week, as long as I can remember to hide
> it when I've got visitors.

Mine's 17 feet long but only 6 feet wide, and has almost no walls! I do
have a run of cupboards down one side and round into the dining room...

My Little Sis once gave me an Ugly Vase - as an engagement prezzie, to
ward off evil/ugly/useless wedding presents! It must have strong magic,
because

a: it still exists, despite the destructive efforts of 21 years, a small
boy, and 4 cats!
b: it's still working! In all that time I've never had a completely
revolting or useless present!

I've grown very fond of it, over the years...

--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

June Hughes

In message >, The Heap
> writes
>Nancy Young > wrote in message
>> The Heap wrote:
>>
>> > Dan, the Black and Decker company makes a gadget called the "Gizmo
>> > Grater" which is exactly the item you are describing a need for. It is
>> > a hand held, electric, cheese grater. You can purchase it from
>> > Amazon.com for $24.99 (U.S currency). I swear, the "regular" geniuses
>> > in this newsgroup would rather see how many posts they can accumulate
>> > in a years time than give a simple answer to a simple question. The
>> > gadget does work well.

>> So, will it work in the UK?
>>
>> nancy

>The only hitch is:
>If you are a US citizen in the UK with an IQ over 50 but under 100
>standing on one foot and holding your mouth in just the right position
>it might work provided you have naturally auburn hair.
>Chalk up another useless (but still counts in the year's total)post
>for "qwerty".
>
>The Heap

<G>
--
June Hughes
Larry Autry

Blanche Nonken > wrote:
> Phil C. > wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 12:44:33 -0000, "Ophelia"
>> > wrote:
>>

>> >"June Hughes" > wrote in
>> >message ...

>> >A HOLE???????? We used to DREAM of a hole

>> You were allowed _dreams_?????! We would have dreamed of
>> dreams if only we'd had the dreams to dream them with.

> Feh. You got to sleep? We used to... um... something.

And speaking of sleep... we couldn't afford to pay the sandman
to come to our home. And forget about the tooth fairy with
whom we had a note that went in default.

--
Larry Autry
Manchester, MO USA
Judith Umbria

"Reid" > wrote in message

> There is probably something in Nisbits on line catalogue if such
> a thing exists, but unless disabled I think its a bad thing to
> use power and machinery for what muscle can do.
> --
> Mike Reid

Agreed, in general, although when making, for example, tacos for 20 people I
wouldn't hesitate to use the processor to shred the cheese.
From my point of view, pre-handicap, my mother cooked for enormous groups as
I also did, but my machines made it possible to be more adventurous with the
menu. I also became adventurous in making up new recipes, starting with the
inherent power of some of these tools. Inspiring. I would never have
thought of making a chicken tarragon pate if I had to mince the chicken on a
wooden board with a knife. Similarly, anything with more than a pound or
two of minced onions. What tears I would shed, and what time I would spend!
As time goes on, many of us will be increasingly uncomfortable with some
kitchen chores. If we know how to use these helpers, we can put off the day
when fine cookery is just too much to contemplate. Few elderly will buy and
learn new machines from scratch, normally. My mother used her food
processor, attained at age 70-something, for anything but squishing up fruit
for jams.
She loved the electric drip coffee pot, since she was a bit absent-minded
when we gave it to her, but soon went back to a percolator, which burned on
the stove regularly when she wandered off, having forgot she was using it.
Slow cookers, electric coffee makers, various helps would have helped avoid
the time when she was too dangerous in the kitchen. Eventually, her drive
for independence became a peril and we took over her life. I could wish
she'd plumped for more aids when she was young enough to get the habit.

Dave Fawthrop

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 10:46:52 +0000, Reid > wrote:

| Following up to Dan Williams
|
| >Does anyone know if there's a decent electric cheese grater available to
| >buy in the UK?
|
| There is probably something in Nisbits on line catalogue if such
| a thing exists, but unless disabled I think its a bad thing to
| use power and machinery for what muscle can do.

I have just given up muscle power in favour of machinery when making
Marmalade. I have been using our family heirloom marmalade machine to
slice peel for it must be 55 years. I was the youngest and male so I got
given the simplest and most physical job. :-(

I have now adapted one of Mary's recipes published here some years ago. I
now halve and de-pip the fruit, put the fruit in the food processor with
the big blade, and some of the water. Pulse carefully until the peel is
the right size, I have to cut some of the larger peices with a knife.
Continue to your usual recipe.

Dave F

congokid

In message >, Kate Dicey
> writes

>My Little Sis once gave me an Ugly Vase - as an engagement prezzie, to
>ward off evil/ugly/useless wedding presents! It must have strong magic,
>because
>
>a: it still exists, despite the destructive efforts of 21 years, a small
>boy, and 4 cats!
>b: it's still working! In all that time I've never had a completely
>revolting or useless present!

Perhaps it's that everything else is just less ugly in comparison. The
first ugly present is the thick end of the wedge, or something.

--
congokid
Good restaurants in London? Number one on Google
http://congokid.com

Colin

Dan,

I buy cheese tø cook with in bulk and shred it, then freeze it. Many
cheeses freezes well, if shredded first. I shred it using a n attachment
for my mixer, though I have used the shredder on my food processor as well.

I simply wrap mine in plastic wrap (in say loose handful sized chunks)
and then put the wrapped hunks in a plastic bag and freeze it. I also
generally make a 'house blend' of cheddar, colby, and monterey jack
(about 50-60% cheddar) to make it tastier.

I keep one of the wrapped hunks in the fridge, and the rest in the freezer.

Dan Williams wrote:
> Does anyone know if there's a decent electric cheese grater available to
> buy in the UK?
>
> Surely there must be some sort of gadget that can take away the effort of
> having to grate a slab of cheddar??? I've seen in supermarkets that you can
> buy packs of cheese already grated, but this is just far too lazy (and
> probably expensive!!)
>
> Anyone know where i can order one from and have any good experiences using
> it?

Owain

"Larry Autry" wrote
| >> You were allowed _dreams_?????! We would have dreamed of
| >> dreams if only we'd had the dreams to dream them with.
| > Feh. You got to sleep? We used to... um... something.
| And speaking of sleep... we couldn't afford to pay the sandman
| to come to our home. And forget about the tooth fairy with
| whom we had a note that went in default

You had teeth?

My mother used to sell my teeth to rich kids who'd had theirs knocked out in
fights.

Owain

Ophelia

"Owain" > wrote in message
> "Larry Autry" wrote
> | > Feh. You got to sleep? We used to... um... something.
> | And speaking of sleep... we couldn't afford to pay the sandman
> | to come to our home. And forget about the tooth fairy with
> | whom we had a note that went in default
>
> You had teeth?
>
> My mother used to sell my teeth to rich kids who'd had theirs knocked out

in
> fights.

You knew rich kids??????????

Kate Dicey

congokid wrote:

> In message >, Kate Dicey
> > writes
>
> >My Little Sis once gave me an Ugly Vase - as an engagement prezzie, to
> >ward off evil/ugly/useless wedding presents! It must have strong magic,
> >because
> >
> >a: it still exists, despite the destructive efforts of 21 years, a small
> >boy, and 4 cats!
> >b: it's still working! In all that time I've never had a completely
> >revolting or useless present!

> Perhaps it's that everything else is just less ugly in comparison. The
> first ugly present is the thick end of the wedge, or something.

The vase isn't THAT ugly... It's white bone china, in the shape of an
iris. The flower head and leaves are hand painted, rather nicely. Lots
of folk have thought it pretty! Whatever - it works!
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

congokid

In message >, Kate Dicey
> writes

>The vase isn't THAT ugly...

You haven't seem my vase...

I think this calls for a pic.

--
congokid
Good restaurants in London? Number one on Google
http://congokid.com
Kate Dicey

congokid wrote:

> In message >, Kate Dicey
> > writes
>
> >The vase isn't THAT ugly...

> You haven't seem my vase...
>
> I think this calls for a pic.

When DH gets back from the frozen north, with the digital camera, I'll
do one!
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
congokid

In message >, Kate Dicey
> writes
>congokid wrote:
>> You haven't seem my vase...
>> I think this calls for a pic.

>When DH gets back from the frozen north, with the digital camera, I'll
>do one!

Beat this:
http://congokid.com/photos/vase01.jpg

--
congokid
Good restaurants in London? Number one on Google
http://congokid.com
Rick & Cyndi

"congokid" > wrote in message
: In message >,
Kate Dicey
: > writes
: >congokid wrote:
: >> You haven't seem my vase...
: >> I think this calls for a pic.
: >
:
: Beat this:
: http://congokid.com/photos/vase01.jpg
:
: --
: congokid
: Good restaurants in London? Number one on Google
: http://congokid.com
========

Whoa. That's pretty cool.
Cyndi
<Remove a "b" to reply>

Kate Dicey

congokid wrote:

> Beat this:
> http://congokid.com/photos/vase01.jpg

Dunno if I can beat that - it's very scary!

--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

Ophelia

"congokid" > wrote in message
> In message >, Kate Dicey
> > writes
> >congokid wrote:
> >> You haven't seem my vase...
> >> I think this calls for a pic.

> >When DH gets back from the frozen north, with the digital camera, I'll
> >do one!

> Beat this:
> http://congokid.com/photos/vase01.jpg

er... *cough* nice errr.. vase *sweet smile*

graham

"congokid" > wrote in message
> In message >, Kate Dicey
> > writes
> >congokid wrote:
> >> You haven't seem my vase...
> >> I think this calls for a pic.

> >When DH gets back from the frozen north, with the digital camera, I'll
> >do one!

> Beat this:
> http://congokid.com/photos/vase01.jpg

Are you sure that it wasn't part of an enema kit?
Graham

June Hughes

In message >, congokid
> writes
>In message >, Kate Dicey
> writes
>>congokid wrote:
>>> You haven't seem my vase...
>>> I think this calls for a pic.

>>When DH gets back from the frozen north, with the digital camera, I'll
>>do one!

>Beat this:
>http://congokid.com/photos/vase01.jpg

Oh dear! I love it. Really, I do. I must be a bit sad but I think it
is lovely. Possibly because it goes with my taste in jewellery, which is
1970's Scandinavian silver. You must be mad not to like it.
--
June Hughes
June Hughes

In message >, Kate Dicey
> writes
>congokid wrote:
>

>> Beat this:
>> http://congokid.com/photos/vase01.jpg

>Dunno if I can beat that - it's very scary!

I like it!
--
June Hughes
June Hughes

In message >, Ophelia
> writes
>
>"congokid" > wrote in message
>> In message >, Kate Dicey
>> > writes
>> >
>> >When DH gets back from the frozen north, with the digital camera, I'll
>> >do one!

>> Beat this:
>> http://congokid.com/photos/vase01.jpg

>er... *cough* nice errr.. vase *sweet smile*

Damn! It is just to my taste. I must be very
sad............................. off to crawl into a corner and sulk
--
June Hughes

June Hughes

In message <_DXQb.269198$X%5.41282@pd7tw2no>, graham >
writes

>"congokid" > wrote in message
>> In message >, Kate Dicey
>> > writes
>> >
>> >When DH gets back from the frozen north, with the digital camera, I'll
>> >do one!

>> Beat this:
>> http://congokid.com/photos/vase01.jpg
>>

>Are you sure that it wasn't part of an enema kit?
>Graham

There goes another one. Oh dear, I wish I had a bottle of absynth
--
June Hughes
Kate Dicey

June Hughes wrote:

> In message >, Ophelia
> > writes
> >
> >"congokid" > wrote in message
> >> In message >, Kate Dicey

> >> Beat this:
> >> http://congokid.com/photos/vase01.jpg

> >er... *cough* nice errr.. vase *sweet smile*
> >

> Damn! It is just to my taste. I must be very
> sad............................. off to crawl into a corner and sulk
> --
> June Hughes

No, no - you go ahead and enjoy it, love! Each to their own! My son
like his Mathmos space ship shaped lava lamp... Mind you, he does have
the excuse of being only nine!
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Dan Williams

On 22 Jan 2004 15:47:13 -0800, The Heap wrote:

> Dan, the Black and Decker company makes a gadget called the "Gizmo
> Grater" which is exactly the item you are describing a need for. It is
> a hand held, electric, cheese grater. You can purchase it from
> Amazon.com for $24.99 (U.S currency). I swear, the "regular" geniuses
> in this newsgroup would rather see how many posts they can accumulate
> in a years time than give a simple answer to a simple question. The
> gadget does work well.
>
> The Heap

Thanks for that mate.

Its taken me this long to trail through all the posts before i got to
yours!! But, yes, thats exactly what i'm looking for.

I'll take a look and see if i can get hold of one that will work in the UK.

I also did a search on Amazon and came up with this lot.

Not sure if any of them are electric though, but some look easier to use
than the usual cheese graters i've mauled by hand on before!
--

Thanks again

Dan Williams
Reid

Following up to Dave Fawthrop

>machinery for what muscle can do.
>
>You walk or cycle *everywhere*?

I walk where its a practical option, as I can't run up the M1 at
90 mph to get to the Highlands I use a car for that, with grating
cheese I can grate all I need for domestic use with my muscles
and a manual grater.
--
Mike Reid
"Art is the lie that reveals the truth" P.Picasso
Reid

Following up to Owain

>My mother used to sell my teeth to rich kids who'd had theirs knocked out in
>fights.

You had a mother? Luxury!
--
Mike Reid
"Art is the lie that reveals the truth" P.Picasso
Walking, Wasdale, Thames path, London etc "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" <-- you can email us@ this site
Spain, food and walking "http://www.fell-walker.co.uk" <-- dontuse@ all, it's a spamtrap

congokid

In message >, June Hughes
> writes
>In message >, congokid
> writes

>>Beat this:
>>http://congokid.com/photos/vase01.jpg
>>

>Oh dear! I love it. Really, I do. I must be a bit sad but I think it
>is lovely. Possibly because it goes with my taste in jewellery, which
>is 1970's Scandinavian silver. You must be mad not to like it.

June, for a small consideration, it's yours. Outside the Robert Dyas on
High Holborn, noon, tomorrow?

Honestly, I'd love to give it away but the cleaner would notice its
absence. I've dropped some not so subtle hints, like avoiding giving it
pride of place on the coffee table, or even the glass shelves (wouldn't
fit there anyway - it's nearly two feet tall). In fact, it's on the hall
floor outside the bedroom and until yesterday was almost hidden by
cardboard boxes until I dumped them.

I think I'm stuck with it for a while yet.

--
congokid
Good restaurants in London? Number one on Google
http://congokid.com
Nancy Young

Dan Williams wrote:

> Not sure if any of them are electric though, but some look easier to use
> than the usual cheese graters i've mauled by hand on before!

Oh, and note that many of them look like the Salad Shooter I
pointed out, except they are manual. You're welcome.

nancy
June Hughes

In message >, congokid
> writes
>In message >, June Hughes
> writes
>>In message >, congokid
> writes

>>>Beat this:
>>>http://congokid.com/photos/vase01.jpg
>>>

>>Oh dear! I love it. Really, I do. I must be a bit sad but I think
>>it is lovely. Possibly because it goes with my taste in jewellery,
>>which is 1970's Scandinavian silver. You must be mad not to like it.

>June, for a small consideration, it's yours. Outside the Robert Dyas on
>High Holborn, noon, tomorrow?

Not in town tomorrow. How about Wednesday at 1pm?

>Honestly, I'd love to give it away but the cleaner would notice its
>absence. I've dropped some not so subtle hints, like avoiding giving it
>pride of place on the coffee table, or even the glass shelves (wouldn't
>fit there anyway - it's nearly two feet tall). In fact, it's on the
>hall floor outside the bedroom and until yesterday was almost hidden by
>cardboard boxes until I dumped them.
>
>I think I'm stuck with it for a while yet.

<g> Still willing to meet at 1pm (or 1.10 even better), Wed 28 Jan -
I'll buy you a coffee if you like. (Not trying to chat you up but
would love to meet you). Costa coffee is the nearest to Robt Dyas, I
think. Let me know. Old biddy wearing equally old Burberry mac or red
padded coat if the snow really takes a hold

PS I met Susie around 5 or 6 years ago and we went for a pie and a pint
at the pub in High Holborn - near the tobacconist's in the Tudor
building.
--
June Hughes
The Heap

Nancy Young > wrote in message >...
> Dan Williams wrote:
>
> > Not sure if any of them are electric though, but some look easier to use
> > than the usual cheese graters i've mauled by hand on before!

> Oh, and note that many of them look like the Salad Shooter I
> pointed out, except they are manual. You're welcome.
>
> nancy

For God's sake Qwerty, do you just want people to agree with you or do
you own stock in Salad Shooter. Thank you.

The Heap
Robert Goodrick

June Hughes wrote:

> In message >, Dave Fawthrop
> > writes
> >On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 10:46:52 +0000, Reid > wrote:
> >
> >| Following up to Dan Williams

> >| There is probably something in Nisbits on line catalogue if such
> >| a thing exists, but unless disabled I think its a bad thing to
> >| use power and machinery for what muscle can do.
> >
> >You walk or cycle *everywhere*?
> >
> >You want to go back to an Victorian/Edwardian Kitchen? Edwardian Country
> >House reruns regularly. As does that family who live in a Victorian
> >house, forgotten the name :-(
> >
> >I was brought up during WWII without all kitchen machinery, life was
> >*hard*.
> >
> >Davve F
> >

> We lived in a hole at the bottom of the garden. Life was *very hard*.

You wuz luky tu av az ole. ))