david

Default Wall ovens? Dacor/Thermadore, etc

Hi,

looking for a single wall oven. I was considering GE, until I read all
the negative comments on line about their service/repair issues. Also
considering Sears Kenmore Elite, Dacor and Thermador (which I would
probably choose except for the price). I have not been able to find
repair data on Thermador or dacor ovens. I would appreciate any links,
or people's personal experience with these ovens. I have been very
surprised to see how minimal the warranties are on kitchen appliances.
doesn't look like the manufacturers are too confident in their
products...I want quality (performance) and long lasting...

thanks,

david

Vox Humana

"david" > wrote in message
news
> Hi,
>
> looking for a single wall oven. I was considering GE, until I read all
> the negative comments on line about their service/repair issues. Also
> considering Sears Kenmore Elite, Dacor and Thermador (which I would
> probably choose except for the price). I have not been able to find
> repair data on Thermador or dacor ovens. I would appreciate any links,
> or people's personal experience with these ovens. I have been very
> surprised to see how minimal the warranties are on kitchen appliances.
> doesn't look like the manufacturers are too confident in their
> products...I want quality (performance) and long lasting...

My mother got a KitchenAid single wall oven about three years ago and loves
it. No problems so far and it has a lot of nice features like a probe.

Janni Cone

"david" > wrote in message
news
> Hi,
>
> looking for a single wall oven. I was considering GE, until I read all
> the negative comments on line about their service/repair issues. Also
> considering Sears Kenmore Elite, Dacor and Thermador (which I would
> probably choose except for the price). I have not been able to find
> repair data on Thermador or dacor ovens. I would appreciate any links,
> or people's personal experience with these ovens. I have been very
> surprised to see how minimal the warranties are on kitchen appliances.
> doesn't look like the manufacturers are too confident in their
> products...I want quality (performance) and long lasting...
>
> thanks,
>
> david

Thermador double wall ovens - Professional style.

Put them in when house was built in June 1997. The SS insert has come off
one of the knobs (glued back on!) and the light button broke. Replacement
parts cost about $20.

No performance issues - still broils great and nice even heating with
convection. Mine vents outside which is a nice feature that I think they
discontinued.

No regrets.