Maria GG

Default URGENT - advantages of a dual fuel cooker (?)

I need a new cooker (freestanding - 60 cm.) and am attracted by the
dual fuel, mainly because I can see that it offers a defrosting prog.
and also because someone has told me that warming up and cooking are
faster than a gas appliance.
I would be very grateful for anyone's suggestion. Please note that: my
kitchen is very small and I can't have any other appliances but a
cooker/ Often I come home late and need to cook something fast.
as my present gas cooker is very old and I can't tell whether I would
be better off with a fan assisted oven.

Many thanks in advance.

Maria GG
ELAhrens

I can think of one advantage for having an electric oven(s) and a gas top
vs. gas/gas and that is when the gas burns off one of the byproducts is
moisture which is released into the oven, raising the humidity. However I
don't know if this effects baking etc. I have a gas/gas range and have no
complaints.
As to dual-fuel - If your kitchen isn't wired for 208/220VAC your may need
to spend some serious $ getting power to the range. Most ranges have 120vac
power for operating the controls, clock, self-clean etc. This is not enough
for a electric oven.
There are freestanding gas ranges available with gas/convection ovens that
don't require 220vac for power, this may be an option for you to consider.

Good luck in your quest,

Erik

"Maria GG" > wrote in message
om...
> I need a new cooker (freestanding - 60 cm.) and am attracted by the
> dual fuel, mainly because I can see that it offers a defrosting prog.
> and also because someone has told me that warming up and cooking are
> faster than a gas appliance.
> I would be very grateful for anyone's suggestion. Please note that: my
> kitchen is very small and I can't have any other appliances but a
> cooker/ Often I come home late and need to cook something fast.
> as my present gas cooker is very old and I can't tell whether I would
> be better off with a fan assisted oven.
>
> Many thanks in advance.
>
> Maria GG

Jimbo

if fan assisted oven means convection oven then yes yes yes
it will cook faster and better every time...................
all the cafe's use fan assisted ovens for speed and flavour.
good luck .......!!!

om...

Dual Fuel BBQs sf[_9_] General Cooking 2 08-02-2014 11:20 PM
dual-fuel stoves Jean B.[_1_] Cooking Equipment 8 24-11-2009 12:42 PM
Suggestions - Dual Fuel Range muggzzi Cooking Equipment 6 30-03-2007 01:32 AM
Looking at a dual fuel stove markw Cooking Equipment 0 28-05-2006 08:51 PM
Looking at a dual fuel stove Don Wiss Cooking Equipment 0 22-05-2006 10:12 PM