Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default Suggestions - Dual Fuel Range

Hi -

I am setting up a new kitchen and would like input on dual fuel range
(prefer slide in) and vent.

Would prefer to stay at about $2500 for both - but can go to $3000.
And, I will be adding a microwave above the range (vent setup must
consider this).

I do grill some - and wondered about some of the ranges that have
grill setup. I am not someone who bakes a lot of bread, cakes, etc.
(so - do I need the dual fuel?).

Your suggestions are most appreciated.

Muggzzi

Posted to rec.food.equipment

In article .com>,
"muggzzi" > wrote:

> Hi -
>
> I am setting up a new kitchen and would like input on dual fuel range
> (prefer slide in) and vent.
>
> Would prefer to stay at about $2500 for both - but can go to $3000.
> And, I will be adding a microwave above the range (vent setup must
> consider this).
>
> I do grill some - and wondered about some of the ranges that have
> grill setup. I am not someone who bakes a lot of bread, cakes, etc.
> (so - do I need the dual fuel?).
>
> Your suggestions are most appreciated.
>
> Muggzzi

I have yet to see a residential indoor grill (on a stove) that was worth
anything. There may be one but I haven't seen it. You just can't get
the amount of BTUs indoors necessary for even mediocre grilling. And,
of course, venting is a problem. Better to do your grilling outside.
Posted to rec.food.equipment

Thanks, Emma.

Makes sense - grilling isn't grilling without appropriate BTUs. How
about the dual fuel range in this price range?

Posted to rec.food.equipment

In article . com>,
"muggzzi" > wrote:

> Thanks, Emma.
>
> Makes sense - grilling isn't grilling without appropriate BTUs. How
> about the dual fuel range in this price range?

You're welcome. I have not looked at prices recently, sorry, but last I
looked it seemed like they were coming down a bit in price. You need
about 15,000 BTUs for decent performance on the range. For awhile (and
it still might be true), you had to get one of the premium models to get
over 11 or 12,000 BTUs and I see that as a total scam. I am not sure if
that is still true. I've been looking seriously at induction for awhile
now so I have not paid too much attention. Watch for a good warranty,
not one of those 1 year deals.

Emma
Posted to rec.food.equipment

If you are serious about grilling you should really get a real hood
and good venting (blower motor outside). You will need 600 cfm or
more. Locate the microwave elsewhere - over-the-stove microwaves do
not provide adequate venting.

Good Luck

Nathan Liskov

--
http://nateliskov.kicks-ass.org
or http://home.comcast.net/~nateliskov

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 18:05:35 -0500, "Nathan Liskov" >
wrote:

>You will need 600 cfm or
>more. Locate the microwave elsewhere - over-the-stove microwaves do
>not provide adequate venting.

Double that to 1200 cfm....then you might be in the ball park. Our
motor is mounted on the roof.

Posted to rec.food.equipment

wrote:

>> Would prefer to stay at about $2500 for both - but can go to $3000.
>> And, I will be adding a microwave above the range (vent setup must
>> consider this).

Our 'exhaust system' started at 2000...then we bought the Wolf
rangetop.