ScratchMonkey

Default Microwave recommendation?

I've got a microwave on my xmas list, for deployment in a relatively small
kitchen. I'd like something with lots of volume, but that will probably eat
a lot of counter space. (My current one is on top of the fridge, but I'm
tall and I have a utility step to look in the window.) I'm considering
getting one integrated into a range hood. There's a couple like that at
Sears in the $250-400 range.

So what do you think? What should I get?

I don't see myself using the presets. I normally just dial in the time and
power I want. The 5-speed fan on the range hood combo I looked at is nice,
but I don't know that it's worth $100 more.

If only I could find a unit with no clock. Yet another thing to set twice a
year.

ScratchMonkey > wrote in message > ...
> I've got a microwave on my xmas list, for deployment in a relatively small
> kitchen. I'd like something with lots of volume, but that will probably eat
> a lot of counter space. (My current one is on top of the fridge, but I'm
> tall and I have a utility step to look in the window.) I'm considering
> getting one integrated into a range hood. There's a couple like that at
> Sears in the $250-400 range.
>
> So what do you think? What should I get?

If you're tall, you might consider very carefully what that combo
microwave/hood is going to do to your cooktop clearance. I'm 6'3", and
just did exactly the opposite -- ripped out the combo unit and
installed a very good quality range hood -- best thing I've ever done
for my kitchen, and much, much quieter than any combo I've seen.

I wish I could use your refrigerator top solution, but my 5'9" wife
wouldn't accept that.

The days of the fantastic quality Amana RadarRanges are long gone --
these days they're pretty much all alike if you only want basic
defrosting and heating capability. I just bought a throw-away 1 cf,
1100 watt unit and put it on a top corner of a work table.

-- Larry
Vox Humana

"ScratchMonkey" > wrote in message
.. .
> I've got a microwave on my xmas list, for deployment in a relatively small
> kitchen. I'd like something with lots of volume, but that will probably

eat
> a lot of counter space. (My current one is on top of the fridge, but I'm
> tall and I have a utility step to look in the window.) I'm considering
> getting one integrated into a range hood. There's a couple like that at
> Sears in the $250-400 range.
>
> So what do you think? What should I get?
>
> I don't see myself using the presets. I normally just dial in the time and
> power I want. The 5-speed fan on the range hood combo I looked at is nice,
> but I don't know that it's worth $100 more.
>
> If only I could find a unit with no clock. Yet another thing to set twice

> year.

If all you want is a basic over-the-range microwave, then about anything
will do. If you look closely at the various models available, you will see
that they are all made by about two manufacturers so one oven is about the
same as the next. You can get one at Home Depot for about $200. I recently
got a microwave/convection oven and it has become my primary oven. I
thought that I might not use the convection feature much and could do
without the senor cook feature and so on. Now that I have used it for a few
months I rarely fire up the full size range. In a way, the more
sophisticated controls and technology makes using the oven easier. You can
put in the food and press sensor cook or senor reheat and the oven does the
rest of the work, calculating the temperatures, microwave power levels, and
timing. The combination of the convection heat and turntable assures that
cooking will be uniform. I would recommend that you look at the Sharp
microwaves.
http://www.sharpusa.com/products/Fun...1050,2,00.html They are
priced well and have a lot of features. But, if you really don't think you
will use any of the advanced features, then I would get a basic unit like
the E-wave microwaves from Home Depot.

Herself

ScratchMonkey > wrote:

> So what do you think? What should I get?

The Whirlpool Gold ones are fabulous. Really. You can easily cook
whole meals in them. Or do the rice...or baked potato...or frozen
(gasp) veggies. I'd kill for one of those here. Literally.
--
'Tis Herself
Dimitri

"ScratchMonkey" > wrote in message
.. .
> I've got a microwave on my xmas list, for deployment in a relatively small
> kitchen. I'd like something with lots of volume, but that will probably

eat
> a lot of counter space. (My current one is on top of the fridge, but I'm
> tall and I have a utility step to look in the window.) I'm considering
> getting one integrated into a range hood. There's a couple like that at
> Sears in the $250-400 range.
>
> So what do you think? What should I get?
>
> I don't see myself using the presets. I normally just dial in the time and
> power I want. The 5-speed fan on the range hood combo I looked at is nice,
> but I don't know that it's worth $100 more.
>
> If only I could find a unit with no clock. Yet another thing to set twice

> year.

The prices of Microwaves have come down so much - If you have a Costco near
by take a look at your choices before spending that kind of money.

AKA is the counter space really worth $150.00 to $300.00?

Dimitri

In rec.food.cooking ScratchMonkey > wrote:

> If only I could find a unit with no clock. Yet another thing to set twice a
> year.

I found that if I pushed the "clock set" button on my
microwave twice, without setting the clock, then the
clock function goes away. Don't need it as I have
two or three other clocks in the kitchen already.

Bill Ranck
Blacksburg, Va.
DawnK

> wrote in message
om...
> ScratchMonkey > wrote in message

> > I've got a microwave on my xmas list, for deployment in a relatively

small
> > kitchen. I'd like something with lots of volume, but that will probably

eat
> > a lot of counter space. (My current one is on top of the fridge, but I'm
> > tall and I have a utility step to look in the window.) I'm considering
> > getting one integrated into a range hood. There's a couple like that at
> > Sears in the $250-400 range.
> >
> > So what do you think? What should I get?

> If you're tall, you might consider very carefully what that combo
> microwave/hood is going to do to your cooktop clearance. I'm 6'3", and
> just did exactly the opposite -- ripped out the combo unit and
> installed a very good quality range hood -- best thing I've ever done
> for my kitchen, and much, much quieter than any combo I've seen.
>
> I wish I could use your refrigerator top solution, but my 5'9" wife
> wouldn't accept that.
>
> The days of the fantastic quality Amana RadarRanges are long gone --
> these days they're pretty much all alike if you only want basic
> defrosting and heating capability. I just bought a throw-away 1 cf,
> 1100 watt unit and put it on a top corner of a work table.
>
> -- Larry

Yeah, this 5'4" person sure wouldn't want the microwave on top of the
fridge! LOL! I can barely reach on top of my fridge as it is!

I like my Sharp, but it's a countertop version.

Dawn

DawnK

"Herself" > wrote in message
> ScratchMonkey > wrote:
>
> > So what do you think? What should I get?

> The Whirlpool Gold ones are fabulous. Really. You can easily cook
> whole meals in them. Or do the rice...or baked potato...or frozen
> (gasp) veggies. I'd kill for one of those here. Literally.
> --
> 'Tis Herself

Yeap, my Sharp does all those quite well, too! Also the popcorn button is
nice, too.

Dawn

Mark Shaw

In article >,
ScratchMonkey > wrote:
>If only I could find a unit with no clock. Yet another thing to set twice a
>year.

Put a piece of tape over it.

--
Mark Shaw contact info at homepage --> http://www.panix.com/~mshaw
"This time I think the Americans are serious. Bush is not like
WitchieWoman

ScratchMonkey > wrote in
:

> I've got a microwave on my xmas list, for deployment in a relatively
> small kitchen. I'd like something with lots of volume, but that will
> probably eat a lot of counter space. (My current one is on top of the
> fridge, but I'm tall and I have a utility step to look in the window.)
> I'm considering getting one integrated into a range hood. There's a
> couple like that at Sears in the $250-400 range.
>
> So what do you think? What should I get?
>
> I don't see myself using the presets. I normally just dial in the time
> and power I want. The 5-speed fan on the range hood combo I looked at
> is nice, but I don't know that it's worth $100 more.
>
> If only I could find a unit with no clock. Yet another thing to set
> twice a year.

Ken,

Hummmmmmmm...you need to get your list together if you want Santa to get it
in time!!

Huggies and Magic.

Mrs. Santa!! <gggggggggg>

DSchu10548

and no one said dont buy a GE??? wow, thats a first
ScratchMonkey

"DawnK" > wrote in news:vpber1bdb0t3c4
@corp.supernews.com:

> Yeah, this 5'4" person sure wouldn't want the microwave on top of the
> fridge! LOL! I can barely reach on top of my fridge as it is!

Well, it's a relatively short fridge, and I'm 5'10 with long arms, so I can
get stuff in and out easily enough. Except that the fridge and door is
balanced to shut on its own, so it's tricky if I have my hands full. The
only problem is when I want to watch something while cooking to catch it
before it starts frothing, and then I use a step-like toolbox to get high
enough to look inside.
ScratchMonkey

"DawnK" > wrote in
:

> Yeap, my Sharp does all those quite well, too! Also the popcorn
> button is nice, too.

Is that a sensor thing? Does it know when to kill power just before the
corn starts to scorch?

I'm suddenly envisioning a microphone that measures time between pops!
ScratchMonkey

"Dimitri" > wrote in news:C1dlb.18018$Na5.11088
@newssvr31.news.prodigy.com:

> AKA is the counter space really worth $150.00 to $300.00?

I believe it is. ($150, not $300.) It's a tight kitchen and I spend a lot
of time there, so the comfort has value to me.
ScratchMonkey

"Vox Humana" > wrote in
:

> I thought that I might not use the convection feature much and could
> do without the senor cook feature and so on. Now that I have used it
> for a few months I rarely fire up the full size range. In a way, the
> more sophisticated controls and technology makes using the oven
> easier. You can put in the food and press sensor cook or senor reheat
> and the oven does the rest of the work, calculating the temperatures,
> microwave power levels, and timing. The combination of the convection
> heat and turntable assures that cooking will be uniform. I would
> recommend that you look at the Sharp microwaves.

Thanks for the recommendation. I've got a toaster oven that does a lot of
my baking for me (undercounter mounted) but a convection combo could
potentially eliminate that footprint.

Much of my nuking is reheating coffee and warming up pasta so the sensor
thing sounds really attractive.

I don't see any value in simple time/power presets as I can as easily enter
those by hand on the rare occasions I'd use them. But a smart oven with
feedback sounds much more like something I'd use a lot.

Now if only it had WiFi so I could monitor the cooking from my computer....

Kate Dicey

ScratchMonkey wrote:

> "DawnK" > wrote in news:vpber1bdb0t3c4
> @corp.supernews.com:
>
> > Yeah, this 5'4" person sure wouldn't want the microwave on top of the
> > fridge! LOL! I can barely reach on top of my fridge as it is!

> Well, it's a relatively short fridge, and I'm 5'10 with long arms, so I can
> get stuff in and out easily enough. Except that the fridge and door is
> balanced to shut on its own, so it's tricky if I have my hands full. The
> only problem is when I want to watch something while cooking to catch it
> before it starts frothing, and then I use a step-like toolbox to get high
> enough to look inside.

Ah, yes, the Vertical Height Adjuster! At another miserly 5'4", I use
one quite often... But not to see in the M/W, which sits on the counter
top.

I too am starting the hunt for a new one: after 17 years hard use, mine
is showing signs of age; the enamel/paint is wearing off in the corners
inside, and I want another digitally controlled one, but with a
stainless steel interior. I also want one that has a stirrer rather
than a turntable (dirt trap and PITA for larger items and non round
things!).

Any recommendations for someone here in the UK?
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Vox Humana

"ScratchMonkey" > wrote in message
> "Vox Humana" > wrote in
> :
>
> > I thought that I might not use the convection feature much and could
> > do without the senor cook feature and so on. Now that I have used it
> > for a few months I rarely fire up the full size range. In a way, the
> > more sophisticated controls and technology makes using the oven
> > easier. You can put in the food and press sensor cook or senor reheat
> > and the oven does the rest of the work, calculating the temperatures,
> > microwave power levels, and timing. The combination of the convection
> > heat and turntable assures that cooking will be uniform. I would
> > recommend that you look at the Sharp microwaves.

> Thanks for the recommendation. I've got a toaster oven that does a lot of
> my baking for me (undercounter mounted) but a convection combo could
> potentially eliminate that footprint.
>
> Much of my nuking is reheating coffee and warming up pasta so the sensor
> thing sounds really attractive.
>
> I don't see any value in simple time/power presets as I can as easily

enter
> those by hand on the rare occasions I'd use them. But a smart oven with
> feedback sounds much more like something I'd use a lot.
>
> Now if only it had WiFi so I could monitor the cooking from my

computer....

I think that is coming. Sharp has a new model (I'm not sure it is available
here yet) that downloads the cooking programs for food. It's only a matter
of time before you can access the controls from the computer.

S Viemeister

Kate Dicey wrote:

> I too am starting the hunt for a new one: after 17 years hard use, mine
> is showing signs of age; the enamel/paint is wearing off in the corners
> inside, and I want another digitally controlled one, but with a
> stainless steel interior. I also want one that has a stirrer rather
> than a turntable (dirt trap and PITA for larger items and non round
> things!).

I hope the stirrers have improved since I bought mine! It does NOT do what
it said on the tin. I have much better results with turntables - in fact, I
even bought a separate turntable to use in the stirrer model.

Sheila
A.T. Hagan

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 14:26:12 GMT, "Vox Humana" >
wrote:

>"ScratchMonkey" > wrote in message
. ..
>> "Vox Humana" > wrote in
>> :
>>
>> > I thought that I might not use the convection feature much and could
>> > do without the senor cook feature and so on. Now that I have used it
>> > for a few months I rarely fire up the full size range. In a way, the
>> > more sophisticated controls and technology makes using the oven
>> > easier. You can put in the food and press sensor cook or senor reheat
>> > and the oven does the rest of the work, calculating the temperatures,
>> > microwave power levels, and timing. The combination of the convection
>> > heat and turntable assures that cooking will be uniform. I would
>> > recommend that you look at the Sharp microwaves.

>> Thanks for the recommendation. I've got a toaster oven that does a lot of
>> my baking for me (undercounter mounted) but a convection combo could
>> potentially eliminate that footprint.
>>
>> Much of my nuking is reheating coffee and warming up pasta so the sensor
>> thing sounds really attractive.
>>
>> I don't see any value in simple time/power presets as I can as easily

>enter
>> those by hand on the rare occasions I'd use them. But a smart oven with
>> feedback sounds much more like something I'd use a lot.
>>
>> Now if only it had WiFi so I could monitor the cooking from my

>computer....
>>

>I think that is coming. Sharp has a new model (I'm not sure it is available
>here yet) that downloads the cooking programs for food. It's only a matter
>of time before you can access the controls from the computer.

Yeah, and wait until some virus gets in and causes your roast to burn
up that was supposed to be cooking while you're at work!

......Alan. <laughing>

--
Curiosity killed the cat -
lack of it is killing mankind.
Vox Humana

"A.T. Hagan" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 14:26:12 GMT, "Vox Humana" >
> wrote:
>

> >"ScratchMonkey" > wrote in

message
> . ..
> >> "Vox Humana" > wrote in
> >> :

convection

> >> Thanks for the recommendation. I've got a toaster oven that does a lot

of
> >> my baking for me (undercounter mounted) but a convection combo could
> >> potentially eliminate that footprint.
> >>
> >> Much of my nuking is reheating coffee and warming up pasta so the

sensor
> >> thing sounds really attractive.
> >>
> >> I don't see any value in simple time/power presets as I can as easily

> >enter
> >> those by hand on the rare occasions I'd use them. But a smart oven with
> >> feedback sounds much more like something I'd use a lot.
> >>
> >> Now if only it had WiFi so I could monitor the cooking from my

> >computer....
> >>

> >I think that is coming. Sharp has a new model (I'm not sure it is

available
> >here yet) that downloads the cooking programs for food. It's only a

matter
> >of time before you can access the controls from the computer.
> >

> Yeah, and wait until some virus gets in and causes your roast to burn
> up that was supposed to be cooking while you're at work!
>
> .....Alan. <laughing>

If your roast does burn, the cake falls, or the bread doesn't rise, you can
always blame it on a virus.

Kate Dicey

S Viemeister wrote:

> Kate Dicey wrote:
> >
> > I too am starting the hunt for a new one: after 17 years hard use, mine
> > is showing signs of age; the enamel/paint is wearing off in the corners
> > inside, and I want another digitally controlled one, but with a
> > stainless steel interior. I also want one that has a stirrer rather
> > than a turntable (dirt trap and PITA for larger items and non round
> > things!).
> >

> I hope the stirrers have improved since I bought mine! It does NOT do what
> it said on the tin. I have much better results with turntables - in fact, I
> even bought a separate turntable to use in the stirrer model.
>
> Sheila

My stirrer has always worked beautifully. I have a Zanusi MW632. I
couldn't cook some of the bigger items I do in this machine with a
turntable as the oval dish wouldn't go round!
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

Kate Dicey

Vox Humana wrote:

> "A.T. Hagan" > wrote in message
> > On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 14:26:12 GMT, "Vox Humana" >
> > wrote:
> >

> > >"ScratchMonkey" > wrote in

> message
> > . ..

> convection

> of

> sensor

> > >enter

> > >computer....
> > >>

> > >I think that is coming. Sharp has a new model (I'm not sure it is

> available
> > >here yet) that downloads the cooking programs for food. It's only a

> matter
> > >of time before you can access the controls from the computer.
> > >

> > Yeah, and wait until some virus gets in and causes your roast to burn
> > up that was supposed to be cooking while you're at work!
> >
> > .....Alan. <laughing>

> If your roast does burn, the cake falls, or the bread doesn't rise, you can
> always blame it on a virus.

Oh, well, if you WILL cook on-line... ;P
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
S Viemeister

Kate Dicey wrote:

> My stirrer has always worked beautifully. I have a Zanusi MW632. I
> couldn't cook some of the bigger items I do in this machine with a
> turntable as the oval dish wouldn't go round!

Big, oval items were my reason for wanting the stirrer model - I was very
disappointed, though, with how it performed. When it comes up for
replacement, I'll look at the Zanusis.

Sheila
DawnK

"ScratchMonkey" > wrote in message
> "DawnK" > wrote in
> :
>
> > Yeap, my Sharp does all those quite well, too! Also the popcorn
> > button is nice, too.

> Is that a sensor thing? Does it know when to kill power just before the
> corn starts to scorch?
>
> I'm suddenly envisioning a microphone that measures time between pops!

It never burns it! It's a sensor that measures the amount of water vapor in
the microwave. I can't even remember the last time it burned popcorn. I
think it has happened a few times.

Dawn

DawnK

"Vox Humana" > wrote in message

> "ScratchMonkey" > wrote in message
> > "Vox Humana" > wrote in
> > :
> >
> > > I thought that I might not use the convection feature much and could
> > > do without the senor cook feature and so on. Now that I have used it
> > > for a few months I rarely fire up the full size range. In a way, the
> > > more sophisticated controls and technology makes using the oven
> > > easier. You can put in the food and press sensor cook or senor reheat
> > > and the oven does the rest of the work, calculating the temperatures,
> > > microwave power levels, and timing. The combination of the convection
> > > heat and turntable assures that cooking will be uniform. I would
> > > recommend that you look at the Sharp microwaves.

> > Thanks for the recommendation. I've got a toaster oven that does a lot

of
> > my baking for me (undercounter mounted) but a convection combo could
> > potentially eliminate that footprint.
> >
> > Much of my nuking is reheating coffee and warming up pasta so the sensor
> > thing sounds really attractive.
> >
> > I don't see any value in simple time/power presets as I can as easily

> enter
> > those by hand on the rare occasions I'd use them. But a smart oven with
> > feedback sounds much more like something I'd use a lot.
> >
> > Now if only it had WiFi so I could monitor the cooking from my

> computer....
> >

> I think that is coming. Sharp has a new model (I'm not sure it is

available
> here yet) that downloads the cooking programs for food. It's only a

matter
> of time before you can access the controls from the computer.

Yeah, but it can't put the food in there for you! LOL!

Dawn

Kate Dicey

S Viemeister wrote:

> Kate Dicey wrote:
> >
> > My stirrer has always worked beautifully. I have a Zanusi MW632. I
> > couldn't cook some of the bigger items I do in this machine with a
> > turntable as the oval dish wouldn't go round!
> >

> Big, oval items were my reason for wanting the stirrer model - I was very
> disappointed, though, with how it performed. When it comes up for
> replacement, I'll look at the Zanusis.
>
> Sheila

Remember, this one of mine is 17 years old! They do have quite a good
reputation, but i had a bad innings with their service people when I
bought it, and swore off Zanusi for a long time! They may have
improved...
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

Vox Humana

"Kate Dicey" > wrote in message
> S Viemeister wrote:
> >
> > Kate Dicey wrote:
> > >
> > > I too am starting the hunt for a new one: after 17 years hard use,

mine
> > > is showing signs of age; the enamel/paint is wearing off in the

corners
> > > inside, and I want another digitally controlled one, but with a
> > > stainless steel interior. I also want one that has a stirrer rather
> > > than a turntable (dirt trap and PITA for larger items and non round
> > > things!).
> > >

> > I hope the stirrers have improved since I bought mine! It does NOT do

what
> > it said on the tin. I have much better results with turntables - in

fact, I
> > even bought a separate turntable to use in the stirrer model.
> >
> > Sheila

> My stirrer has always worked beautifully. I have a Zanusi MW632. I
> couldn't cook some of the bigger items I do in this machine with a
> turntable as the oval dish wouldn't go round!

You can turn the turntable off. On mine, when you select the Compubake
cycle for cakes it assumes you are using an 11 x 13 pan and turns off the
turntable.

A.T. Hagan

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 21:20:05 +0100, Kate Dicey
> wrote:

>Vox Humana wrote:
>>
>> "A.T. Hagan" > wrote in message

>> message
>> > . ..

>> convection

>> of

>> sensor

>> available

>> matter
>> > >

>> > Yeah, and wait until some virus gets in and causes your roast to burn
>> > up that was supposed to be cooking while you're at work!
>> >
>> > .....Alan. <laughing>

>> If your roast does burn, the cake falls, or the bread doesn't rise, you can
>> always blame it on a virus.

>Oh, well, if you WILL cook on-line... ;P

On second thought, it would be a good way to be *certain* that you
really did turn the stove off after you've left for work if you're the
type who worries about such things.

Of course, back to the virus and hackers again, what if they turned
the stove on after you left?

Hmmm...

......Alan ;-)

--
Curiosity killed the cat -
lack of it is killing mankind.
A.T. Hagan

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 17:10:00 -0500, "DawnK" >
wrote:

>"Vox Humana" > wrote in message
. ..

>> "ScratchMonkey" > wrote in message
>> > "Vox Humana" > wrote in
>> > :

>> > Thanks for the recommendation. I've got a toaster oven that does a lot

>of
>> > my baking for me (undercounter mounted) but a convection combo could
>> > potentially eliminate that footprint.
>> >
>> > Much of my nuking is reheating coffee and warming up pasta so the sensor
>> > thing sounds really attractive.
>> >
>> > I don't see any value in simple time/power presets as I can as easily

>> enter
>> > those by hand on the rare occasions I'd use them. But a smart oven with
>> > feedback sounds much more like something I'd use a lot.
>> >
>> > Now if only it had WiFi so I could monitor the cooking from my

>> computer....
>> >

>> I think that is coming. Sharp has a new model (I'm not sure it is

>available
>> here yet) that downloads the cooking programs for food. It's only a

>matter
>> of time before you can access the controls from the computer.
>>

>Yeah, but it can't put the food in there for you! LOL!
>
>Dawn

But when the technology does get around to being able to do that...

Seems to me that Ray Bradbury did a story long, long ago about an
automatic house this reminds me of.

It was a sad story though...

......Alan.

--
Curiosity killed the cat -
lack of it is killing mankind.
Ken

ScratchMonkey > wrote in message > ...
> I've got a microwave on my xmas list, for deployment in a relatively small
> kitchen. I'd like something with lots of volume, but that will probably eat
> a lot of counter space. (My current one is on top of the fridge, but I'm
> tall and I have a utility step to look in the window.) I'm considering
> getting one integrated into a range hood. There's a couple like that at
> Sears in the $250-400 range.
>
> So what do you think? What should I get?

Microwaves usually have only one power setting in reality. If you set
it for a power setting of 5, it's on high power 50% of the time, a
setting of 2 is on high for 20% of the time, etc., and the heat is
supposed to radiate throughout the food. But I saw a 1,300 watt
Panasonic microwave that advertised a "true" high, medium, and low.
If true, this would be a big step up in my estimation.

Ken
BonnieJean

I just bought a Sharp over the range convection/microwave combo on Ebay.
It's new in the box from Sharp themselves. The sell old models that way.
This is an 1850A. I got it for $286 which includes shipping, insurance and
tax. I've never bought anything like that through Ebay. Hopw I am satisfied.

Bonnie in NJ

Charles Demas

In article > ,
BubbaBob > wrote:
(Ken) wrote:

>> Microwaves usually have only one power setting in reality. If
>> you set it for a power setting of 5, it's on high power 50% of
>> the time, a setting of 2 is on high for 20% of the time, etc.,
>> and the heat is supposed to radiate throughout the food. But I
>> saw a 1,300 watt Panasonic microwave that advertised a "true"
>> high, medium, and low. If true, this would be a big step up in
>> my estimation.
>>
>> Ken
>>

>I have the 1200 watt version of this Panasonic. It's a big
>improvement over the single-power microwaves I've had in the past.

IIRC, most home microwaves are about 600 watts.

Chuck Demas

--
Eat Healthy | _ _ | Nothing would be done at all,
Stay Fit | @ @ | If a man waited to do it so well,