Skip

Default Tilia 900 Foodsaver

Just bought the 900 about an hour ago. First thing I wanted to do is
crackers in the canister. The gasket is good, lid is on tight, and
canister is about half full. After going through a vacuum / seal
cycle, the lid comes right off. Loosing vacuum soon as motor stops,
before removing hose. This may sound like a strange test, but if I
just use my mouth on the canister lid, it works fine. Again, I can
tell that there is vacuum in the hose during the cycle but once done,
no vacuum in canister.
Rina

Skip, I'm pretty new to "Food Saver" myself, but seeing your message sitting
here for a day with no response prompted me to answer. I don't think
testing with your mouth is strange, I've done it a few times too... Every
once in a while I have a tough time with the canisters. Try wiping the edge
to be sure that you don't have a crumb or something preventing the seal,
then check both ends of the tube to be sure that they are on tight.
Sometimes I find that starting the seal with my mouth and then connecting
the tube gets it to work.

I've wondered if sealing crackers just sucks the air out of them... I did
some chowder crackers and they weren't as crispy as I expected when I served
them with chowder the following week.
I ve had lots of fun resealing potato chip bags and the wax bags from cold
cereal and crackers, If we are careful and don't rip the cellophane I just
can cut a new edge with a pair of scissors and reseal in the original bag,
eliminating the need for the canisters.

If you haven't already been there, there is a very busy Foodsaver group at
Yahoo with lots hints and ideas.

Rina

--
Please respond to the newsgroup, mail from this account is deleted at my
server

"Skip" > wrote in message
om...
> Just bought the 900 about an hour ago. First thing I wanted to do is
> crackers in the canister. The gasket is good, lid is on tight, and
> canister is about half full. After going through a vacuum / seal
> cycle, the lid comes right off. Loosing vacuum soon as motor stops,
> before removing hose. This may sound like a strange test, but if I
> just use my mouth on the canister lid, it works fine. Again, I can
> tell that there is vacuum in the hose during the cycle but once done,
> no vacuum in canister.

Tilia FoodSaver parts [email protected] Cooking Equipment 9 26-10-2018 11:40 PM
Tilia FoodSaver??? Rob Mills Barbecue 30 25-02-2007 12:22 PM
Tilia FoodSaver Bags [email protected] Cooking Equipment 6 10-01-2005 12:23 PM
I need Tilia foodsaver lessons Rona Yuthasastrakosol General Cooking 6 04-07-2004 07:28 AM
Tilia foodsaver does not suck good zak Cooking Equipment 20 03-01-2004 12:31 PM