Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default mandolines

What brands are good? What brands are bad? Where is a good place to
purchase?

Anyone have any experience with the Bron Super Pro?

thanks.

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 00:59:59 GMT, "inky dink" > wrote:

>What brands are good? What brands are bad? Where is a good place to
>purchase?
>
>Anyone have any experience with the Bron Super Pro?
>
>thanks.

The June issue of Cook's Illustrated rates mandolines - Bron Couke
Stainless Steel Super Pro is on the Not Recommended list.

Highly Recommended a

Oxo Good Grips V-Blade Mandoline Slicer
(highest rated - $49.99)

Kyocera Adjustable Ceramic Mandoline Slicer

Joyce Chen Benriner Asian Mandoline Plus

Oxo Mandoline Slicer

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Apr 21, 7:59*pm, "inky dink" > wrote:
> What brands are good? *What brands are bad? Where is a good place to
> purchase?
>
> <snip>

> thanks.

Costco has a kickass one, all stainless, 6 cutting blades and dies,
nice hefty feel for 39.99. Comes with samples of Taquito's, and Cajun
flavored chicken wings.

Pierre
Posted to rec.food.equipment

Susan wrote:
> On Apr 21, 7:59 pm, "inky dink" > wrote:
>> What brands are good? What brands are bad? Where is a good place to
>> purchase?
>>
>> <snip>

>> thanks.

> Costco has a kickass one, all stainless, 6 cutting blades and dies,
> nice hefty feel for 39.99. Comes with samples of Taquito's, and Cajun
> flavored chicken wings.

I haven't seen that one - is it in the store or on the website?
I bought - and returned - a mandoline at Costco a year or two ago. It
looked good, had all the design features I wanted - but the blades were
cr*p.
Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Apr 23, 7:52*am, S Viemeister > wrote:
> Susan wrote:
> > On Apr 21, 7:59 pm, "inky dink" > wrote:
> >> What brands are good? *What brands are bad? Where is a good place to
> >> purchase?

> >> <snip>

> >> thanks.

> > Costco has a kickass one, all stainless, 6 cutting blades and dies,
> > nice hefty feel for 39.99. *Comes with samples of Taquito's, and Cajun
> > flavored chicken wings.

> I haven't seen that one - is it in the store or on the website?
> I bought - and returned - a mandoline at Costco a year or two ago. *It
> looked good, had all the design features I wanted - but the blades were
> cr*p.

Costco did have a good one about a year ago. I returned it, too. It
was a monster to deal with.
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.equipment

"Dee Dee" > wrote in message
news:7bbe3224-304c-4da6-81cd->> > Costco has a kickass one, all stainless, 6
cutting blades and dies,
> > nice hefty feel for 39.99. Comes with samples of Taquito's, and Cajun
> > flavored chicken wings.

> I haven't seen that one - is it in the store or on the website?
> I bought - and returned - a mandoline at Costco a year or two ago. It
> looked good, had all the design features I wanted - but the blades were
> cr*p.

> Costco did have a good one about a year ago. I returned it, too. It
> was a monster to deal with.

Dee Dee
Was this the one you purchased?

http://tinyurl.com/3zpsv7

Jon

OK, what about mandolines? Sky Cooking Equipment 15 01-09-2009 05:04 AM
OK, what about mandolines? Sky General Cooking 1 31-08-2009 11:27 PM
Mandolines / MIU anon General Cooking 9 08-03-2007 11:26 PM
Benriner Mandolines ian Asian Cooking 0 28-02-2005 03:29 AM
Benriner Mandolines ian Asian Cooking 0 28-02-2005 03:29 AM