Posted to rec.food.drink.coffee

Default New grinder recommendation

Well, my ancient Braun mill is gradually dying. The coffee dust is starting
to become the dominant product coming out of the shute, and I'm looking for
an upgrade.

SOOOO, given that the price is about the same for the following beasts, which
would you all recommend?

Solis Maestro Plus.
Baratza Virtuoso.
Gaggia MDF.
Capresso Infinity.

Thanks,
Colin
Posted to rec.food.drink.coffee

Solis does seem to get good general mentions.
Otherwise, go up to one that'll last a lifetime .. the Rancilio Rocky.

Posted to rec.food.drink.coffee

Forgot to mention....
For a more authoritative and considered opinion from some real experts,
try the key newsgroup for this topic, 'alt.coffee'.
I found this newgroup by accident .. the alt.coffee site is the one for
regular visiting.

Posted to rec.food.drink.coffee

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 15:27:40 GMT, "Colin B."

>> Forgot to mention....
>> For a more authoritative and considered opinion from some real experts,
>> try the key newsgroup for this topic, 'alt.coffee'.

>Wow, that's a 180 degree shift. It used to be that serious coffee discussion
>took place here, and alt.coffee was filled with nothing but spam, flames, and
>idiocy. Of course, that _was_ a decade ago...

Oh, it still has its share of all that (this is Usenet, after all...),
but it also has a lot more traffic with plenty of people who know
coffee & equipment.

From the list you mentioned most people will recommend either the
Gaggia MDF or Virtuoso since you'll also be doing espresso. I have the
Capresso Infinity and it's great for drip & press, but probably is not
consistent enough or have enough settings for espresso.

--
Greg
Posted to rec.food.drink.coffee

Yes, I've struck some v. idiotic people at alt.coffee, but in far less
numbers than in some other sites I frequent, partic. dvd user groups.
For the most part, ask a sensible Q at alt.coffee, and expect mainly
sensible answers, unless you strike the occasional lunie with a
particular (coffee) axe to grind.

Posted to rec.food.drink.coffee

get a refurb virtuoso from Baratza direct... $149

Meat Grinder Recommendation? merryb General Cooking 19 28-11-2011 06:05 PM
recommendation for meat grinder Mark Thorson General Cooking 172 17-02-2011 12:09 AM
Coffee grinder recommendation Mark Shaw General Cooking 14 19-05-2007 01:15 AM
Grinder help [email protected] Coffee 13 20-12-2004 04:44 AM
Need Pepper grinder recommendation Dee Randall Cooking Equipment 14 13-12-2003 01:15 PM