Posted to rec.food.drink.coffee
Tom

Default Expresso in Harrisonburg?

Can anyone tell me where you can get a good expresso in Harrisonburg,
VA? Just moved to the area. After reading all the posts on making a
good shot, it would seem less expensive and frustrating to drink it
somewhere that makes a good one. The last one I bought at a local
Coffee Grind had no crema and seemed rather lackluster.

Posted to rec.food.drink.coffee
mdahlor

Tom wrote:
> Can anyone tell me where you can get a good expresso in Harrisonburg,
> VA? Just moved to the area. After reading all the posts on making a
> good shot, it would seem less expensive and frustrating to drink it
> somewhere that makes a good one. The last one I bought at a local
> Coffee Grind had no crema and seemed rather lackluster.

Not being familiar with the area, I can only say try to find an actual
coffee shop. Larger chains (not naming names like Starbucks) and local
grocery coffee stands are too focused on volume to get really good
espresso. Of course you still may have to shop around. There are two
"owner/operator" coffee shops near me and one makes great espresso and
takes much pride in doing so, while the other buys stale beans from NJ
and couldn't pull a shot out of a wet paper bag. So find the little
"holes" in the wall, then find the one you like. Google might help you
get started. Good luck and good hunting!

Mike

Expresso coffee. Jacobb Coffee 2 13-03-2018 05:15 AM
I'LL TAKE AN EXPRESSO Colonel Edmund J. Burke[_13_] General Cooking 3 02-08-2016 02:23 PM
cleaning stovetop expresso pot Megmugs Cooking Equipment 0 12-07-2011 05:11 PM
Decaf expresso? splitload Coffee 2 14-02-2006 10:18 PM
Expresso makers? [email protected] Cooking Equipment 2 01-12-2003 04:23 PM