Coffee ( Discussing coffee. This includes selection of brands, methods of making coffee, etc. Discussion about coffee in other forms (e.g. desserts) is acceptable.

Old 11-11-2011, 08:52 AM
Location: USA
Default Expresso coffee.

I want to know about Expresso coffee how to make this coffee,because me and my kids are love this coffee.Any professional person please share here.

Old 11-12-2011, 11:58 PM posted to

Making good espresso is a challenge, requiring attention to many details. In brief, you want fresh roasted, fresh ground beans, brewed at the correct temperature, extracted with the proper pressure, in a clean machine.

It's all about the beans (I prefer Northern Italian Style -- roasted to dark brown, with no surface oil OR only a few spots of oil on the surface of the bean). The grinder is essential, and many feel more important than the coffee machine itself. You can probably find an adequate basic espresso machine for $200 or so, but can easily spend ten times that on a good home machine.

If you want to get started on a budget, a good grinder is: the Baratza Maestro Plus Grinder for $130. The manufacturer sells refubs from time to time for c$80.

For a good brewed espresso-ish coffee, not true espresso, you can try the ever popular moka: or my personal favorite, the aeropress ttp://

Knowledge is power. Read all about making coffee at Coffee Geek and Sweet Marias

They say laughter is good medicine. Don't take coffee making too seriously, watch *Insufferable Coffee Snobs,* today

Old 13-03-2018, 06:15 AM
Location: India

In its pure form, espresso is more popular in Europe than America, particularly in Italy. Though catching in America, derivatives and misconceptions are spreading like cream in coffee. For instance, many hold the misconception that espresso is a dark, bitter to burnt-flavored roast of coffee.

In fact, espresso is not a roast at all; it is a method of preparing coffee. Espresso coffee is often blended from several roasts and varietals to form a bold - not bitter flavor. The finely ground coffee is tightly packed or tamped into a “portafilter”; high-pressure water is then forced through the grounds and extracted in small, concentrated amounts. Intensity is the key here. Why do you think they call it a “shot?”