DougW

Default Iced coffee?

Alan did pass the time by typing:
> My Mom used to make it all summer.
>
> I recently tried it, and under the assumption you have to make it much
> stronger to survive the dilution of the melting ice, I made it WAY too
> strong.
>
> Is there any formula or recipe which would give me a better handle on it?

<delurk>

I just make simple sun-tea then let it cool in the fridge. Once cool
some of it gets moved to ice trays to make iceteacubes. Dilution isn't
a problem then.

</delurk>

--
DougW

'nutherBob

Strength is something you'll just have to experiment with. It took me a
couple of days to figure it out, but now it comes out great. Don't forget
to make some ice cubes with the coffee to use with you iced coffee, that way
dilution won't seem so severe and you'll always have better results.

'nutherBob

<Alan > wrote in message
> My Mom used to make it all summer.
>
> I recently tried it, and under the assumption you have to make it much
> stronger to survive the dilution of the melting ice, I made it WAY too
> strong.
>
> Is there any formula or recipe which would give me a better handle on it?
>
> Thanks!

Claus Trillingsgaard

The cold brew is without doubt the best way to extract the coffee for use in
cold drinks/food items... You can actually reheat the concentrate made in
this technique and use it for a regular coffee, but then again, I'd rather
have an espresso or French press...

The way you do it is very simple ...mix ground coffee (grind size for normal
drip coffee is good) and water in a container - for every pound of coffee,
you add 9 ups (72 fluid oz) of water - make sure that all the grounds get
wet by taking 1/4 of the water and thoroughly, but gently stirring the
coffee grounds with water untill there are no dry spots. Add the remaining
part of the water under gentle stirring.

Allow the cold brew to stand for approximately 12 hrs, before you run it
through a stainer or cloth... after that you have the most delicious extract
for iced coffee...

/Claus

<Alan > wrote in message
> My Mom used to make it all summer.
>
> I recently tried it, and under the assumption you have to make it much
> stronger to survive the dilution of the melting ice, I made it WAY too
> strong.
>
> Is there any formula or recipe which would give me a better handle on it?
>
> Thanks!

Iced coffee strategy: yours? Kalmia General Cooking 23 02-06-2012 06:55 AM
!!!...Iced Coffee...!!! Gregory Morrow[_168_] General Cooking 5 09-02-2009 09:52 PM
Iced Coffee cybercat General Cooking 71 16-12-2008 12:24 AM
Instruction for Vietnamese iced coffee with Vietnamese ground coffee (Cafe Sua Da) coffeelover General Cooking 5 08-06-2005 03:30 AM
thai iced coffee thaitotos Asian Cooking 0 11-10-2003 08:50 AM