Frida

Default chocolate is good.

I want to know how many different kinds of chocolat that exists? Which
one is the most popular kind; the light chocolat or the dark
chocolate?
sharon thomas

There are lots of various times of chocolate that exists, but the most
popular kind of chocolate that i ever knew is cadbury, which we can
find in all the country. Its taste really nice=)

--
On 10 Oct 2003 07:34:29 -0700, (Lorna Kelleher) wrote ...

(Frida) wrote in message news
>. ..

> > I want to know how many different kinds of chocolat that exists?

Oooh so many and chocolate from different regions is mixed to make
the taste of each brand except for special case where a chocolate
is made from one variety from one region.

> > Which
> > one is the most popular kind; the light chocolat or the dark
> > chocolate?

> Milk chocolate is definitely the most popular type of chocolate, with
> Cadbury being the most popular brand followed by Mars and Nestle.
> I love chocolate and milk chocolate is the best!!!

I am glad to read that you like chocolate candy but that is
what you are talking about. Popularity is not a good guide to
the best of chocolate and until you have tasted a wide variety of
the chocolate available you have little idea of what you like
besides sweet and chocolate.

You might find that eventually you prefer barely sweetened
bitter-sweet chocolate.

But until you have tried it and other forms of chocolate you
don't have adequate standards for comparison. That may take you
some time. I remember the many years when Hershey bars and
kisses dominated my experience of chocolate. Then I got lucky
and found out that I shouldn't have anything to do with cows
milk. I had to eat non-milk chocolate or go without chocolate.
I rapidly found Hershey had wasted a lot of my time. I even got
to the point where I could eat completely un-sweetened chocolate
for the chocolate. But I prefer a nice 70% bar these day with
the occasional excursion into little Sharfen-Berger niblet bars
where you can grind the cocoa niblets between your teeth. That
is chocolate. I like chocolate so much I think I will take a
week off from chocolate and let my taste buds rest. Then I can
eat chocolate with more appreciation of the fine works of man
and nature.

later
bliss- bliss at california dot com

--
bobbie sellers - Social Visionary And Twisted Mystic
the retired and very tired nurse in San Francisco

I've given up the search for reality(actually found as much
as I could handle in 66 years); now I'm just looking for a good
fantasy. Found it at: Life At Maison Ikkoku
http://www.furinkan.com/maison/

Walter Ian Kaye

In article <3f86e4ba@hughey>,

(Frida) wrote in message news
> >. ..
>
> > > I want to know how many different kinds of chocolat that exists?

> Oooh so many and chocolate from different regions is mixed to make
> the taste of each brand except for special case where a chocolate
> is made from one variety from one region.
>

> > > Which
> > > one is the most popular kind; the light chocolat or the dark
> > > chocolate?

> > Milk chocolate is definitely the most popular type of chocolate, with
> > Cadbury being the most popular brand followed by Mars and Nestle.
> > I love chocolate and milk chocolate is the best!!!

> I am glad to read that you like chocolate candy but that is
> what you are talking about. Popularity is not a good guide to
> the best of chocolate and until you have tasted a wide variety of
> the chocolate available you have little idea of what you like
> besides sweet and chocolate.
>
> You might find that eventually you prefer barely sweetened
> bitter-sweet chocolate.

True. Like I prefer red miso to the wimpy white miso. :-)
(miso::chocolate is one of my favorite analogies.)

And it does vary by manufacturer. One mfr's bittersweet may taste more
bitter, while another mfr's bittersweet does not.

> But until you have tried it and other forms of chocolate you
> don't have adequate standards for comparison. That may take you
> some time.

My favorite dark chocolate is from Guittard.
Dove Dark uses Cocoapro, which is twice as beneficial as other types,
according to a Prevention Magazine article (available online).

> I remember the many years when Hershey bars and
> kisses dominated my experience of chocolate. Then I got lucky
> and found out that I shouldn't have anything to do with cows
> milk. I had to eat non-milk chocolate or go without chocolate.
> I rapidly found Hershey had wasted a lot of my time. I even got
> to the point where I could eat completely un-sweetened chocolate
> for the chocolate. But I prefer a nice 70% bar these day with
> the occasional excursion into little Sharfen-Berger niblet bars
> where you can grind the cocoa niblets between your teeth. That
> is chocolate.

Mmmm... their mocha niblet bars are to die for. Wowza!

-boo