Posted to rec.food.chocolate

Default Forbes most expensive chocolates

I saw a Forbes article on the worlds most expensive chocolates. I
never would have imagined chocolate going for as high as $2,500 per
pound! The least expensive i believe was about $50.00 per pound. I
wonder what $2,500 per pound chocolate tastes like? I'm almost tempted.
The picture of this chocolate sure looked appetizing!

Posted to rec.food.chocolate

Dallasfood.org
(http://www.dallasfood.org/modules.ph...article&sid=78)
has an article about Noka, the second of those chocolates, listed at
around $2000 a pound. Turns out it is just Bonnat couverture that they
remold. You can get Bonnat at Chocosphere for just a few dollars. Even
then, I'd save your money, it isn't very good.
The article, on the other hand, is excellent.

wrote:
> I saw a Forbes article on the worlds most expensive chocolates. I
> never would have imagined chocolate going for as high as $2,500 per
> pound! The least expensive i believe was about $50.00 per pound. I
> wonder what $2,500 per pound chocolate tastes like? I'm almost tempted.
> The picture of this chocolate sure looked appetizing!

Posted to rec.food.chocolate

mcdruid wrote:

> Dallasfood.org
> (http://www.dallasfood.org/modules.ph...article&sid=78)
> has an article about Noka, the second of those chocolates, listed at
> around $2000 a pound. Turns out it is just Bonnat couverture that they
> remold. You can get Bonnat at Chocosphere for just a few dollars. Even
> then, I'd save your money, it isn't very good.
> The article, on the other hand, is excellent.

That is a GREAT article. It must have caused
considerable indigestion at Noka.

Don't we somehow enjoy the more expensive than the less expensive? [email protected] Wine 5 23-11-2014 05:13 PM
Forbes: Why American Eggs Would Be Illegal In A British Supermarket, And Vice Versa sf[_9_] General Cooking 7 04-03-2013 02:00 PM
Chocolates Chocolate Lovers Page Chocolate 7 03-10-2012 12:37 PM
Chocolates conjurer122 Chocolate 13 06-09-2012 12:56 PM
Countess Morphy (Marcelle Azra Forbes) Hippy Historic 4 10-02-2006 05:23 PM